“Noisy hotel and poor service ”

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #122 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
“Noisy hotel and poor service ”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Family room was comfortable and the view were nice. Services and reception were very poor ! Add to that the hotel restaurants !
I don't know why most of the employee are sad they hardly SMILE ! I forgot to mention the breakfast ! very poor. I will never come back to this hotel again !!

Stayed August 2014
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I regret to see that we have not met your expectations during your stay and I offer our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused.

We place great value in your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton, I would be very happy to meet you personally on your next visit and I will personally ensure that you receive the level of comfort and service you are accustomed to at Hilton.

I sincerely hope to have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2014

(70 Lira from airport for three with 7 bags) We stayed here twice during July as our base. First note that the Gym is being renovated which was a huge bummer only to my wife! All in all good location, easy to walk anywhere. Room was descent but thin walls as noise could be heard from the rooms to either side and above. Pool was excellent and nice to chill out for a day. I would stay here again and I do recommend the executive floor (top floor pass the lebanese restaurant that i never saw open) as the food snacks were yummy along with the beverages including alcohol! Note that we just walked in and were never asked anything...wonder if we could of just walked in and not been upgraded? The hotel staff was pleasant and the hotel landscape is huge. I would recommend facing the Bosphourous as we saw the difference from the two stays.

Room Tip: Executive access and facing Bosphorous, NON smoking is hard to find but 5th has a sign.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for rating us.

We appreciate the feedback that you have given us. It all helps us to improve and give the best possible service to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our family vacation. The room was quite small, and not well maintained & not well furnished. Hotel has 3 restaurants, out of which we tried two - Turkish & Lebanese. Lebanese food was excellent but extremely expensive. Turkish restaurant was poor & expensive. We asked for 2 banana at night in our room, for which they charged us US$ 15 !! Can't believe it. Although I am Silver member of Hilton Honors, there was no benefits extended to us. Least they could have done was to give us 2 banana as complementary!!
Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Dont choose city view rooms... nothing to see
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I understand that we have not met your expectations during your recent stay and I wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I sincerely hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the hilton and what a great choice spacious rooms ,excellent location and brilliant service specially the concierge ready to help at all times with awesome tips for dining like a local
loved every minute of it
Go for the room with Bosphorus view its really a beautiful sunset / sunrise

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sami N

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It was a pleasure to read of your satisfaction with the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on your last stay with us. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus in the near future.

New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We've had only excellent experiences in our international travels staying at Hiltons. The Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus is no exception. It's a grand hotel well maintained. Our spacious room overlooked the Bosphorus, just a short walk from Taksim Square, the commercial heart of Istambul. The hotel grounds are lavish, with an outdoor pool should you wish to take a break from sightseeing. We were fortunate to be on the executive floor, where we had full lounge privileges. The gorgeous and spacious lounge, on the top floor, also overlooking the Bosphorus, was very well stocked with food and drink, including Turkish wines.. It was also well staffed, with a helpful satellite reception desk. All staff were attentive and helpful, with most able to communicate in English. You will need to take taxis or a tourist bus to the major tourist sites, such as the Blue Mosque. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Best rooms overlook the Bosphorus.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus. It is very important for us to deliver outstanding service therefore I am very pleased that you were satisfied with the team as well as with the room and facilities.

Many thanks for your compliments, and for your recommendations.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I recently returned from Turkey and had a very nice time at the Hilton Bosphorus. When I was choosing the hotel, I couldn't decide between the Conrad and the Hilton, but I'm glad that I chose the Hilton -- it's slightly closer to Taksim Square and the New Town shopping area. It's all within easy walking distance and, on a couple longer days, I actually walked from the Old Town across the Galata bridge and back to the hotel. But, a cab ride to the Old Town is easy as well. The hotel itself is very nice, especially if you have the Bosphorus View, and the staff is very accomodating. The bathrooms, though, could use an update. The pool, however, was very nice and relaxing and the food poolside was good as well. You don't think you'll have time to visit the pool when there's so much to see in the city, but, when it's warm out and you're a little tired from walking, it's a nice respite. The Executive Room was one of the nicer Hilton ones that I've been in and they had a nice selection of Turkish wine. Also, just to mention re: the tours offered from the hotel. I took the half day "city tour" and it was well worth it, although, just a word of caution, if they take you to the touristy carpet store (Matis), which does have a nice selection, make sure you get the VAT tax receipt. They weren't exactly forthcoming with that and the Hilton concierge (I believe Ramon) had to resolve the issue, which I appreciated. You really don't need to do the other tours...even though they are not over-the-top expensive, you can do these things on your own. In other words, you don't need to spend 80 euro on a day trip to the Black Sea...you can get a ferry not far from the Hilton on the Bosphorus and it takes you to the Black Sea (well, at least to see the spot where the Bosphorus and the Black Sea connect) for 20 TL ($10 USD roundtrip). For people who don't feel comfortable venturing out on their own, a tour is nice, but I think it's more fun when you can easily find another way to go and make it an adventure. In any event, the HIlton was more than worth the $120 USD per night rate that I received.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Bosphorus.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WorldExplorer4
Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating us on Tripadvisor and for your valubale feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus in the near future.

Best regards,

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The is nice big hotel in Istanbul. 10 minutes walk from Taksim square. It has 2 buildings, one called garden view 100 rooms. You need to go down from reception and walk to reach to your room. The other building is called Bosphorus view.
Rooms are clean.
AC sometimes not cold
Toilet not flashing everything.
No luggage carrying service.
Breakfast is good