This review is specifically for Le Fumoir - which is the bar (or cigar bar) inside (and in back of) the Ciragan Palace hotel in Istanbul.
- Incredible setting
- Beautiful surroundings, lighting, the huge palace next door
- A palace on one side, a river on the other, lights across the way, a lit up bridge on the other side.
This place is the nicest setting in which I've smoked a cigar, other than hanging out poolside with my father. It is beautiful, with elegant an interesting people around. The staff is top notch.
- A single Montecristo #2 is US $60. That's 3 times the local retail price. A shot of Johnnie Walker Blue is also $60. That's the highest I've seen anywhere.
So if you can drop the money, it's a great place to go. I don't know if there's a tobacco charge if you bring your own, but if you have cigars, bring 'em.
Despite the $$$$ I highly recommend the place if you are looking for a cigar bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul