“Best service ever!!”

Ranked #56 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Sao Paulo, SP
“Best service ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Kempinski for two days and it was wonderful! Turkish Airways had lost one of my bags coming from Cappadocia (direct flight!!), the one carrying all my shoes! When we got to the hotel, we asked the concierge, Ür, to contact the company to try to solve the problem. He was happy to help and called them insistently until they located it and got it delivered three hours later! I love him!!!
The hotel is located in a perfect spot, facing the Bosphorus, the bridge and within a walking distance from the Ortaköy center. The busy well frequented swimming pool, the delicious breakfast and the "Fumoir" ,with the palace view at night, are a must!
Although the rooms are nice and spacious, they seem a little old and need renovation.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor,room 527, which I recommend. I has a lateral view of the Bosphorus but fa...
1 Thank cecivellu
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was very happy to read your review and glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us earlier this month.
We thank you for your comments, and look forward to welcoming you on many occasions.
Yours sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Schaffhausen, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Fantastic site. Best viewed from the sea.
Stay if you can afford. If you cannot, and if you're done with the usuals of Istanbul, make time to go see this.

tonbridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Fabulous room . Lovely food but do not order alcohol before seeing the menu.We were " offered" champagne to start then given the menu to find that it was £60 a glass and was only ok. The wine too was hugely overpriced. The meal came to 800 TL which is about £350 for 2 people.

1 Thank janet-tonbridge
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Last month we organized a medical scientific meeting at Çırağan Palace Kempinski Hotel with our International Guests. We had been preparing for this prestigious meeting for the last 3 years and our experience with this hotel was excellent. First of all we need to address the names of two key personnel who made this meeting an A+++ class success. Mr. Cagri who is the manager for food and beverage helped us a lot for the preparations. At each food display he was with us and when we asked for "one" he replied with "three" courtesies. The second personnel was the exclusive chef Mr. Sezai who prepared such an excellent menu that none of us will forget throughout the years. After all, staying at the top of the top of global hotels for such long years is because of the dedication of the staff to their jobs. Throughout our stay, nothing went wrong and everything including all details was excellent. The most important issue we experienced and from our perspective was the positive approach of the managers to a loss of a camera of our friend. During the welcome reception the daughter of my friend left the camera at the ballroom. When we asked, the camera was not found at the first moment. The hotel immediately took action and asked for the brand and model of the camera to replace it. As frequent travelers we loose items at hotels however such a reply was out of our scope. The hotel, instead of leaving an unpleasant memory at its customer was ready to cover the expenses of the camera. Fortunately the lost camera was found but the positive approach of the hotel management left a smile on our faces. We know the hotel is quite expensive but its location, service quality, friendliness of staff and managers makes your stay unique. After all, how many of us have stayed in a real palace? Thank you very much Çırağan Kempinski

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room. It is expensive but you will understand why once oyu enter the room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that we could contribute to the success of your meeting and thank for your thoughtful feedback on behalf of my colleagues whom you mentioned in your review.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon on many occasions.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Great hotel in an excellent position. Away from the old city and while not quite enables you to enjoy other attractions.

Nice rooms we had a water view which was worth the extra not that we spent much time. Friendly staff, good gym and pools

Was all excellent except o the restaurant we tried, Tugra, which was disappointing

Room Tip: Ocean side with balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
It was a true pleasure for us to read your thoughtful feedback and we are glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.
We also appreciate receiving constructive feedback from our guests, even if it is of a critical nature, as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs, and continuously improve the luxury service we aim to provide. Thus I will be glad if you may kindly provide us more information in regards to your experience in Tuğra Restaurant, which was not to your satisfaction. Please note our Hotel Manager Leon Baum will be at your entire disposal if you would like to further discuss the inconvenience you experienced and you may contact him directly at leon.baum@kempinski.com, referring to this review in the email title.
I am grateful for your precious time in advance and hope to welcome you again soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I chose this place to spoil my wife for our 12th wedding anniversay and was pleased to do so.
With so many photographs of heads of state whom had stayed at this place seen immediately as you walked into this place immediately told you that this Place will be something special not to mention incredibly safe.
the place and its grounds is huge (compared to most of the other hotels we saw heading into Istanbul for the first time) also, right on the water and the view of the bosphorous is something we will remember for the rest of our lives..
we had a deluxe king room which was a full bosphorous room view right at the front overlooking the pool. i would recommend this instead of the king room. rooms were very well appointed albeit still wonder why hotels cannot provide these higher graded rooms with a shower and a bathtub(just doesnt seem right). The carpets in our room seem a little used, perhaps it was these rooms only as they are by far the better rooms as stated by the staff so no doubt more booked out and more used...this is really the only thing I could find a problem with...
That said, from the time we set foot into this place the staff we extremely courteous , punctual and attentive. We never had delays in anything - from housekeeping, concierge even room service. They were all available and always willing to complete things above expectations and without delay.
Breakfast in the Laledan restaurant was pretty spectacular as the view and the interaction with what I would call one of the busiest waterways I have ever seen being never ending. This integral strip of water joining the Aegean/Mediterranean and the Black Sea always had it's fair share of little boats and massive ocean liners/tankers alike traveling up and down the waterway so always something to talk and be amazed about.
With so much history being available for Istanbul the Ciragan Palace showed a lot of the history it had itself, with historical photographs of its past and you could appreciate that we we staying somewhere where the Former rulers considered the best place for their palace - they weren't wrong.
The Spa was delightful and the masseuses they have know their stuff -damn! We had a number of treatments but the Istanbul wouldn't be the same without having a Turkish Hammam whilst in Turkey. The Thai massage put me into shapes and positions I cannot believe as they twisted, stretched and massaged me into a pretzel leaving me in a total state of relaxation afterwards. If I had the time(and money) I would try them all as they really seemed to know what they were doing....wow. We tried a number of them each and were never disappointed.
I would strongly recommend using the concierge service for whatever you need in the hotel as well as assistance around town - extremely knowledgable, and helpful they always delivered for me on performance and with the hotel being as large as it is, there was always 3 or 4 working at any one time...
We hired the hotel BMW 7 series with guide to show us around and for such a busy city, this is the only way to fly in my opinion when having a look around. They go wherever you want to go, show you things you probably will never see with the tourist buses and throngs of masses and you can do this whilst you sip on your Veuve Clique in air conditioned comfort. not only this but the drivers are equipped with modern marvels of technology which allow them to view traffic flow through the government/RTA cameras on their ipads to see which way around town is the less congested and we planned our trip accordingly as the day went on. This could have been so different without it as we could have been sitting in traffic for long periods of time without it..
Yep, we spoilt ourselves on this one indeed but I wouldn't have considered it fair to do any other way As this was our first time in this 8000 year old city and certainly won't be our lasts.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for the deluxe king room - anything facing the water will give you an amazing sight...
1 Thank gazzzadubai69
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
It was a true pleasure for us to host you for your very special occasion and I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review with great comments.
We have also taken note of your constructive feedback and please rest assured that your comments have been passed on to the related departments.
We hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

On the whole the hotel was good, I've stayed in Kempinski hotels and other equivalent hotels around the world and this by far stands out for the not delivering a 5 star service in my opinion...

On the first day of our arrival (27/04/13) we checked in around 3pm and headed straight to Laledan(one of the many restaurants) for lunch... It was pretty empty with lots of staff around- 'which I thought would be a good thing considering that we were very hungry'. We ordered some drinks and food - our order was taken quite quickly but that's where the efficiency ended! We ordered sprite with ice and a wedge of lemon ..We waited about 20 mins for 3 sprites to be delivered to our table, when I asked about the ice, I was told that another waiter would bring it over in a few mins, when the 2nd waited arrived 5 mins later , I asked again for a wedge of lemon for which I was told that waiter no. 3 is on his way with that 'how many waiters do you need to serve a lemonade?' So in all 28 mins later , 3 waiters down our lemonade's arrived! Hallelujah - and then not to forget we still had to wait a while for our main courses to be served ' on observation the restaurant was pretty empty at that time of the day with a few waiters chit chatting in one corner - I've had much better service in other establishments and a 5 star restaurant should have no excuse for that! On day 2 of our trip we decided to go to La fumair for some midnight drinks and a shisha.. On this instance it was quite busy with only 3 waiters in sight - I ordered mineral water for which I literally had to wait 30 mins (no joke!) I asked 3 different people and they all kept saying yes we will pass on the message to your waiter - how hard is it to get me water ? When the waiter finally showed up there was no apology... I feel there needs to be a good balance, in instance one you were overstaffed and under productive and in instance 2 understaffed and still under productive - so on the whole the hotel was good but we were let down by the service and decided to eat in other hotels and restaurants after those experiences for the remainder of our trip!

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Anu C
Dear Ciragan Guest,
I deeply regret that you had an unpleasant experience in our food and beverage outlets and we were not able to meet your expectations.
We appreciate receiving constructive feedback from our guests, even if it is of a critical nature, as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs, and continuously improve the luxury service we aim to provide.
We have already taken note of your feedback and proceeded to improve our service immediately. Please also note our Hotel Manager Leon Baum will be at your entire disposal if you would like to further discuss the inconvenience you experienced and you may contact him directly at leon.baum@kempinski.com, referring to this review in the email title.
I do hope you will give us another chance with a further stay in the future and we will have the pleasure of providing you with the finest Turkish hospitality here in the Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul.