“Best place I ever stayed in”

Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul
Ranked #59 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Bucharest, Romania
“Best place I ever stayed in”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We have spent in September 2 nights in Ciragan Palace. The restoration of this palace made of it a unique place, where you can indeed feel like a princess. The room was amazing, the services beyond any expectations. i would like to remind of Tahir Ay and his colleagues, for satisfiyng all of our needs and thinking of them even before we did.
The food is great, the intimacy of the place and its quiteness was exactly what we needed.
For me, there is no other place to stay in Istanbul from now on but the Ciragan Palace.

Room Tip: A suite in the palace is the best
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us during your business trip to Istanbul last month.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Palace suites located in the historic Ciragan Palace and found us the best hotel you have ever stayed in. Please also let me thank you for your thoughtful feedback on behalf of my colleague whom you mentioned in your review.
We do look forward to you welcoming you back here in Ciragan Palace Kempinski , the only Ottoman Imperial Palace and Hotel on the Bosphorus, on many occasions.
Yours sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel three times, the last of which was in September 2013. My wife and I were immediately upgraded to a room that was facing the Bosphorus which included a double balcony. The room was extremely spacious. Bathroom had a double sink & a bidet (and all the other standard bathroom utilities). The concierge is extremely helpful and managed to get us reservations at all the restaurants/bars we wished to visit. The hotel also helped to arrange a private car for us, and our driver was fantastic, so much that we ended up keeping him for our entire stay.

My last stay was in 2012, and in that time rooms have been kept the same, however the TV's are all brand new which is great.

Food in the hotel is very expensive but very good. You get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the Bosporus. Rooms facing the road tend to be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us back in last month.
I was very happy to read your review and glad that we were able to meet your expectations during your third stay with us as well.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many occasions.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Ciragan Palace in September. The hotel/palace is beautiful and right on the water. The views were fantastic and the food was very good. The concierge desk was one of the best we have used in the world, helping me with 2 big problems faster than I ever imagined possible. We were there on business and pleasure which worked out great using the Palace as our place of refuge. If you want or need high end accommodations in Istanbul there is none better.

Room Tip: Always ask for a water side room and the higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that our services and facilities could exceed your expectations during your business trip to Istanbul last month.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Canton of Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in October, as part of a company conference in the Palace alongside.

The check-in was fast and efficient and friendly. They gave us a smoking room in error but very swiftly corrected this with a lovely non smoking room.

The rooms are lovely, with great views over the Bosphorous, separate "traditional style" bathroom/washroom. The bed is very comfortable, the TV is large, digital, easy to use and English channels are available.

We were impressed when we asked for an ironing board. It arrived very swiftly, was erected and plugged in and the housekeeping gent even provided an electrical adaptor for my laptop of his own initiative.Very nice!

Room service was swift and delicious.

The meeting arrangements in the Palace alongside were similarly well run. The rooms were bright, spacious, well ventilated and well served with audio-visual equipment. The food at the conference was nothing special but it was fresh, with plenty of variety.

The coffee, on the other hand, was, simply put, terrible. Over-heated, black, bitter liquid would be fair.

The hotel is VERY well known, with a wall full of celebrity photos. We saw several celebrities when we were there.

A couple of niggles though:

I was attending the conference in the Palace and my wife checked if breakfast was included in the room rate. The front desk told her it was included. However, when we checked out, we found charges of 115 TKL (around 50+ Euros) PER breakfast on the bill.

Now, I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is BY FAR the most expensive breakfast I have ever seen.

When we complained we had been mis-informed, the check-out lady politely but firmly informed us my wife had been mis-informed and breakfast was chargeable.

Not a pleasant (and very expensive) experience.

Secondly, we checked out to move to the Novotel, near the airport, ready for an early morning start. The doorman insisted on using one of 'his' taxis, despite 2 public taxis being available. This was to ensure 'reliability' and to 'avoid a long route'. We showed him the hotel name and address, he informed the taxi and we were off ... to completely the wrong hotel and an additional 20 TKL cost!

Again, not pleasant.

Overall, a great hotel, with great staff and very service oriented. The overall experience was great ... until the last 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Bosphorous facing if possible
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ciragan Guest
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us during your business trip to Istanbul earlier this month.
We thank you for your thoughtful comments, and also have taken note of your constructive feedback. Please be assured that your comments have been passed on to the appropriate departments.
We hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have recently returned from a wee k at the ciragan palace
Aside from the position and beauty of this hotel ,the service was outstanding in every area
From our suite over the bospherus to the breakfasts , pool attendents , attentive concierge and so helpfull business centre team. We couldn't fault the attention my husband and I and our teenage daughter received

Room Tip: Facing or side on to bospherus We were on a corner with a large balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Wendy S
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
We were happy to read your review, and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us last month.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back on many occasions.
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent three nights at Ciragan. The hotel is breathtaking with views to match. I have never experienced better service, we couldn't have waited more than two minutes for anything we asked for. Some people have mentioned the breakfast is a little steep but I would say totally worth it. Very close to Domabache Palace and Kabatas station to go into old town and plenty of restaurants within a 10 minute walk. The pool overlooks the Bosporus, I could have spent all day there!

• Stayed September 2013
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your three-night stay with us last month and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many occasions.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 23 September 2013

From the moment I stepped into Ciragan Palace Kempinski, I knew it would be wonderful. The people at the reception were so friendly. A nice(and very tall)lady named Helen handled our room. We had booked a Superior Double room (side Bosphorus view) on Booking.com to attend a wedding ceremony being held at the Ciragan Palace. Helen told us we would be upgraded to a Deluxe room with a full Bosphorus view because the hotel had overbooked rooms. This was great news to us!
The room was lovely, as expected, and we had complimentary fruits, Turkish sweets, and water refreshed during our stay. The view was breathtaking, and we had a double balcony to enjoy it!
The staff was so friendly and the concierge was very helpful in recommending nearby places to visit. It was great to have breakfast, lunch, or dinner overlooking the bosphorus, and we also had a great time walking in the beautiful gardens and basking in the sun. (They even have a hammock!)
I didn't use the pool because it was a bit cold, but it looked very nice, and other people seemed to enjoy it.
Overall, I definitely recommend this hotel. It is a bit pricey, but worth the splurge!

Room Tip: Any room facing the Bosphorus is definitely worth it! They are bigger, have a balcony, and offer a b...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us last month and hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.