“Amazing”

Ranked #55 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Cradock
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days. This was my most precious memorable Hotels of all I have ever stayed in . I felt like a queen. I think this was heaven on earth for me. The buffet breakfast was out of this world. I stared at the food like a small child. I ate some food I never saw in my life. The experience of staying at this hotel was just over whelming for me. Will never forget those couple of days. The room also not big but so comfortable. Pillows more than one could need. Staff just need to have a more friendly and learn to have some humor.

Room Tip: This is over all GREAT
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor following your four-night stay with us during your business trip to Istanbul.
I was very happy to read your review and am glad to hear that you found us the most precious and memorable hotel of all you have stayed in.
We do look forward to welcoming you back home on many occasions.
Yours sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Fabulous hotel in wonderful location. Particularly enjoyed the breakfast which showcased cuisine from Europe, Asia, Middle and Far East. Needed several courses and still didn't get to sample everything. The staff were very helpful and one always needs a top-hatted doorman to open the car door and show one to the foyer!
Beware the seemingly complimentary champagne in the award-winning restaurant (at £50 a glass it came as something of a shock) - its not!
Istanbul is definitely a place to be visited and the perfect weather in April made sightseeing a pleasure. Particularly enjoyed the spice market where it was also possible to buy your own leeches!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
We were happy to read your review, and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us back in April.
We hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We went on business and were offered a guided tour of the hotel, despite not staying there.

The sun shone, we sipped mint lemonade on the terrace and then walked through the light and airy hotel to the palace, drinking in the stunning furniture, chandeliers and marble.

It looks a great place to stay - weddings, business, leisure.

Most importantly the staff were so kind.

It's on our "we will stay there on day" list!

Room Tip: Didn't stay there but we saw the rooms - so nice!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.
It a true pleasure for us to read your thoughtful comments and we cannot wait the day we will welcome you back here in the Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, the only Ottoman imperial palace and hotel on the Bosphorus.
Marion, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Our family of six enjoyed high tea at the Ciragan one lovely afternoon in Istanbul.
Even though we were not overnight guests of the hotel, treatment rendered to our family was such we felt as if we were guests of this beautiful palace turned resort.
Concierge service was impeccable.
Our waiter had a ready smile as he anticipated our culinary needs. He was very courteous and friendly. In fact, he is in part, why our visit was such a pleasant one.
The valet made a phone call on our behalf as there was a particular place we wanted to see in the city and organised our visit there.
The assorted cordials and teas were quite delicious!
When visiting Istanbul, make high tea at the Ciragan a must!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shamwari777
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was very happy to read your review and thank for your thoughtful comments on behalf of my colleagues, who could contribute to making your trip to Istanbul a great experience.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family on many occasions.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had a fabulous stay. Our room was lovely with a beautiful view of the Bosphorus.
Our breakfasts were as complete as you could ever desire. The staff was efficient and the waiter remembered our choices for breakfast. The concierge service was outstanding. We had a delicious dinner in the palace and the server told us a lovely story about the palace and the sultan who resided during the summer months at the palace. There were fireworks every evening which only added to the delight of our visit.

As an aside, we took a train and then needed a bus to return to the hotel. We questioned a moving bus and he told us to hop aboard. A kind native used his pass, for which we paid him, and the bus driver made a special stop for us. Istanbul and the hotel were as welcoming as a traveler could want!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara L
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.
We were happy to read your review and thank you for your thoughtful comments on behalf of my colleagues, who contributed to making your trip to Istanbul a great experience.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you home in the not too distant future.
istanbul
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 9,746 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have been to this hotel once on the occasion of an international conference organized by one of our business partners in household sector.First of all,location of the hotel is amazing,just in the famous Bosphorus,the most cleanest one l have ever seen.Meeting organization was arranged very well and all was in order.Quality of the food served during breaks and lunch was the best.We have noticed that the service staff was very informative,kind and efficient.For any organization or meeting,this venue must be strongly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor following your visit in back in May.
It was a true pleasure for us to read your thoughtful feedback and we are glad that we could meet your expectations.
We do look forwarding you welcoming you back soon on many occasions.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

The amount of celebrity endorsement and advertisement ciragan kempinski uses is of course very impressive, however the experience I had while I stayed was totally opposite to what the hotel says about itself! I am originally from istanbul I live in a different country now, while I lived in istanbul ciragan was always on people's mouth I.e how hotel was amazing and used to be palace before etc always been my dream to come and stay and of course the title "kempinski" does the trick as well, however first time I have stepped inside of hotel having passed the airport like security I was unkindly without any hellos or smiles pointed to the direction of representative from guest relations! My mistake...should have gone to reception and do my room check in there, instead met miss Ukraine/Russia and was surprised with the level of her non professionalism and lack of customer care! I think It is vital point for anyone who comes for a check in to feel welcomed but most importantly secure since we, guests, give our copies of passports, credit cards, emails, address etc it is to make sure and receive certain assurance from hotel staff that there will be no surprises! I can say that indeed I was told with one thing and it turned to be something different (charged card without notice) when I came to deal with my issue I was shocked how she handled herself the lady definitely has big attitude problems! Which is kind a inappropriate! Advice: avoid her, go to check in to reception! Never judge the looks!

Room Tip: Choose room with a view!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Nikoo545
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
I deeply regret to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay.
We appreciate receiving constructive feedback from our guests, even if it is of a critical nature, as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs, and continuously improve the luxury service we aim to provide. Thus we would like to discuss the shortcomings you experienced with you in detail at your convenience. Kindly contact our Hotel Manager, Mr. Leon Baum directly at (leon.baum@kempinski.com) referring to this review in the email title.
I do hope you will give us another chance with a further visit soon and let us provide you with the finest personalized service at its best.