Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul
US$459
US$206
US$154
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
Trip.com
US$402
US$295
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$414
US$328
Agoda.com
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$241
US$228
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$178
1,934 results
All reviewstugra restaurantinfinity poolpark viewbosphorus viewottoman empirebeautiful hotelbreakfast buffet isturkeyasian sideturkish delightold cityluxuryconciergeortakoybosphorosdoormanships
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013

There is a difference in the Hotel and hotel :)
I was greeted personally on arrival, check in was done by assistant lady who also directed me to my room. All I had to do was to relax on the sofa and give one signature.
Room had all the elegance along balcony and with the view to the Bosphorus, 5th floor. Complimentary fruits, sweets and wine was brought to me as a nice surprise. Lot of cupboard space, fresh flower in the room- lovely touch.
Bathroom: 2 size slippers, also small size bathrobe. Very good quality products (conditioner, shower gel etc) with extraordinary pleasant odour (for my taste).
Big minibar (drinks, snacks + gifts).
While I was dining, the room was set up for a night and in the same time cleaned. Water provided- super. You can also find pillow and duvet menu, accessories for kids.

It was my first time at Kempinski in Istanbul and I would have expected they (especially assistant lady) introduce me all the hotel facilities and dining options or ask would I like this information to be told. In that section, there is room to improve:)
Anyhow I would recommend, the Tuğra restaurant, on the palace side, highlighted experience guaranteed.
Breakfast: 2 options: 27 eur at Gazebo (smaller continental) and 48 eur at Laledan (grand buffet).

Spa: gym, sauna area (sauna, steam room), pools- complimentary. I was not impressed, rather simple and not the best service. In the other hand Outdoor pool +32C- was truly wonderful.

Bosphorus side rather quiet, in some hour can get some boat traffic and noise level is higher, but it tend to quiet down around 11 pm.

Summary: I didnt rate it as excellent, as there is space to improve in certain areas.
In overall it is one of the best luxury hotels I have ever stayed. Cannot wait to spend a night on the Palace side- one of the life experiences for sure :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank kadi-rei
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review and we glad that you enjoyed your stay with us last month.
We hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We treated ourselves to an afternoon by the pool. Just Heaven. Wonderful staff. Great Lunch overlooking the Bosphorus, watching the world, and his wife, go by. Really fabulous. Go. This is a quality hotel of the finest class and nothing is too much trouble. We didn't stay this time but we sure will next time we are in Istanbul. Great for people watching.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your visit back in July.
I was very happy to read your review and thank for your thoughtful feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family on many occasions.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have been in many many hotels all over the world, including hotels from the Leading Hotels of the World, but this hotel is a real gem. We spent great week-end in Ciragan hotel. Stayed in a sea view room on the 5th floor and we lucky to get a room with two balconies.
We had breakfast only once and it was really great one for a city hotel. by the way if are not planning to walk a lot, then include the breakfast while booking the room, cause the nearest place to eat in about 15-20 min by walk both ways from the hotel.
Rooms are big and very comfortable with fresh pastry and fruits every day.
The outdoor pool is amazing, even if it is cold outside you still can use it and it is 24 hr. The spa: we had hammam, it is nice, but do not think it is worth 165€.
This hotel is worth the money you spent!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
We were happy to read your review, and look forward to welcoming you back home on many occasions.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for a week on our first trip to Istanbul. It was great. Large, luxurious rooms in an enchanting hotel right on the Bhosphorus overlooking the Asia side of the city. Excellent service from staff who seemed genuinely interested in our welfare. The concierge were really knowledgeable, even able to point out a local pharmacy on a public holiday when most shops were closed. The Tugra restaurant was excellent - the food was fantastic although imported wine are very expensive due to Turkish liquor taxes. All in all, a place worthy of recommendation.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the building are more affordable than those facing the water. But they have both views of the street and river as well as the lovely bridge which is fully & brightly lit at night and continuously change colours!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hpctravellor

Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us last month.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a review with great comments. We have shared it with the rest of the team as well and you really made our day!
We hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were at the Ciragan Palace for a long weekend. Please note, upon arrival, security is tight. But, the service is outstanding. While the rooms were nice, it was the level of service which was the most impressive. Yes, the Ciragan Palace has gorgeous views, lovely grounds, an outdoor heated pool, delicious breakfast and divine desserts. Yet, I will repeat myself, it was the service.

From the moment you step out of your choice of transportation delivery, you are greeted with a warm smile and a friendly hello. This applies to all staff members, not just those who work at the receptionist desk, concierge desk or business center, I mean everyone.

Staying at the Ciragan Palace was an excellent experience. One I wish for everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
Please allow me thank you for your thoughtful feedback on behalf of my colleagues who could contribute to making your stay such a memorable one.
Personalised service is of great importance to Kempinski, and we continuously strive for the best and invest into training to ensure every guest feels special.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you home in the not too distant future.