“A Beautiful Hotel Appropriately Overlooking The Beautiful Bosphorus”

Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul
Ranked #46 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 18 April 2014

It surprises me that it has taken 50 years for me and my wife to come to Istanbul, but well worth the wait. A wonderful wonderful city and the Ciragan Palace reflects the happiness of our stay.
The Hotel
is superbly appointed, positioned on the European side of the Bosphorus, bang on the water.The hotel is not cheap, but for us, good value as it ticked nearly all the boxes for a wonderful week break.

The room.
was on the smoking top 5th floor and although we are not smokers, we were moved here due to a misunderstanding,(in fact there was no double bed in our original room).This is not an issue as the new room 524 was better.
The room was a decent size and had a good view of the Bosphorus.10/10 for the immaculate house keeping and my wife is particular.
We slept well, although the call to early morning prayer did disturb me twice.There were other slightly niggling noise issues ( see tips below )

The Concierges
were plentiful, efficient and arranged much for us, restaurants, attractions, guides and transport. My only issue was that on our Bosphorus boat trip, not cheap at £500 for 2 hours, no one spoke English, so 9./10.

The Restaurants
will be dealt in depth elsewhere but in conclusion.

1. The Tugra.
This is fine dining, excellent fayre, but expensive.
2. Laledan.
The breakfast was good although on certain days food and drink stocks seemed much depleted. Katarina was wonderfully charming as a hostess.
Avoid Laledan for dinner It was expensive, dull and bland.
3.The Gazebo Lounge
We loved the Gazebo lounge for wonderful cakes and pastries.

The Sanitas Spa

was fantastic 10/10. My 3 massages were in my top 10 of all time.My masseuse Nancy from Thailand was brilliant .Her Thai massage, which although at the time left me as if I had just gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and driven over by a tank ,saw the next day a rejuvenated and new man, with my stiff back much improved. My wife felt the same and her masseuse Loli receives like wise acclaim.

The Gym adjoined to the spa was fine but as with the hairdressing salon my wife felt they both needed updating.

The Outdoor infinity pool
was truly magnificent. It seemed Olympic in size,it was warm and gave me a thorough early morning workout, setting me up for the day.

The Grounds and Garden
were truly regal and kept as if the Sultan was still in residence.

The Overall Service
was very good and we can't stress enough how friendly and efficient the staff are.

The Ciragan Palace we are told is due for a refurbishment at the end of this year and we can't
wait to return.

Room Tip: As You look from the Sea, I found that the rooms on the extreme right side of the hotel, even though...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RTGB

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel is fantastic from the rooms to the conference/ballrooms to the outdoor areas. The view of the Bospherous is amazing and the palace building is an attraction unto itself. I was here for a conference but look forward to visiting again for a personal holiday with my family.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

A really traditional, old style luxury hotel.
Fabulous views, really nice public rooms, what I would describe as traditional, not faddy or ' designed' guest rooms but just real old fashioned comfort where you can actually work out how to switch off the lights!
The staff are great, really helpful. The doorman really went out of his way to help me when I had a transport problem.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for either leisure or business only thing I would say is that even by 5 star hotel standards the prices of things like drinks/ coffee in the bar are eye watering.

Room Tip: The view of the Bosporus is worth having
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We've stayed at the Ciragan Palace more than 15 times over the last 7 years. The view of the Bospherous is breathtaking. You don't need to leave the hotel to enjoy Istanbul. The service is impeccable and rare to find in this day and age. The food is of the highest quality and the spa is superb, all of which gives you everything you need to relax in absolute luxury. Our favorite time of the year is June. The reception is warm, the concierge is accommodating, the doorman very helpful, housekeeping and room service fantastic. We tried a lot of hotels and won't stay anywhere else. Don't miss breakfast at the Lelidan or dinner on the balcony at the Tugra.

Room Tip: Ask for the superior room overlooking the Bospherous.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights during a conference. Exceptional services across all department. I broke my glasses during my stay and the concierge was able to send it to an optical shop and repair it within 90 mins. In-Room Dinning services were speedy and of high standard. I stayed in a room facing the ocean on the top floor and the view was magnificent. Overall, it's hard to find a flaw in this property.

1  Thank Antony_Yiu
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great experience at this luxury hotel. I had an amazing view of the Bosphorous River looking across to the Asian side of Istanbul. I arrived by boat at the hotel (a great way to travel in Istanbul!). The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly throughout my 5-night stay (I was attending a conference for my company). I was treated daily to Turkish delights and fresh fruit along with plenty of water. There is a health club - small but clean. Strong security at the hotel. The palace area is beautiful - an amazing renovation. Easy to walk to a local village or the tram in Kabatash. The rooms are a mix of hard wood floors (entry hall) and carpeting. They will even bring you a cup of tea or coffee with a wake-up call.

Room Tip: Ask to face the river - not only for the view but to avoid the early morning call to prayers by the...
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Like the others who have written positive reviews of the Ciragan Palace, only superlatives come to me as I recall the week I spent there in March 2014. This was my second visit in ten years. The location is terrific both in terms of the physical geography of Istanbul and the Bosphorus, and in terms of access to the storied splendors of this wonderful city. The hotel, attached as it is to the 19th c Palace, is beautiful. The rooms are well-appointed, the facilities top-end, and the staff are simply extraordinary. For this review, however, I want to give special attention to one of the several top-notch restaurants in the hotel, the Laledan. Here my wife and I dined on several occasions. During the day we had done so much walking that we weren't interested in going out again, so we tried the Laledan. And kept coming back. The food was exquisite and the service we received from Serkan, a waiter, and Tuncay, the sommelier, was second to none we have experienced in thirty years of travel. If you can afford this hotel, or if someone else can afford it for you, don't hesitate. Find out what it's like to be a sultan.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple