It surprises me that it has taken 50 years for me and my wife to come to Istanbul, but well worth the wait. A wonderful wonderful city and the Ciragan Palace reflects the happiness of our stay.
is superbly appointed, positioned on the European side of the Bosphorus, bang on the water.The hotel is not cheap, but for us, good value as it ticked nearly all the boxes for a wonderful week break.
was on the smoking top 5th floor and although we are not smokers, we were moved here due to a misunderstanding,(in fact there was no double bed in our original room).This is not an issue as the new room 524 was better.
The room was a decent size and had a good view of the Bosphorus.10/10 for the immaculate house keeping and my wife is particular.
We slept well, although the call to early morning prayer did disturb me twice.There were other slightly niggling noise issues ( see tips below )
were plentiful, efficient and arranged much for us, restaurants, attractions, guides and transport. My only issue was that on our Bosphorus boat trip, not cheap at £500 for 2 hours, no one spoke English, so 9./10.
will be dealt in depth elsewhere but in conclusion.
1. The Tugra.
This is fine dining, excellent fayre, but expensive.
The breakfast was good although on certain days food and drink stocks seemed much depleted. Katarina was wonderfully charming as a hostess.
Avoid Laledan for dinner It was expensive, dull and bland.
3.The Gazebo Lounge
We loved the Gazebo lounge for wonderful cakes and pastries.
The Sanitas Spa
was fantastic 10/10. My 3 massages were in my top 10 of all time.My masseuse Nancy from Thailand was brilliant .Her Thai massage, which although at the time left me as if I had just gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and driven over by a tank ,saw the next day a rejuvenated and new man, with my stiff back much improved. My wife felt the same and her masseuse Loli receives like wise acclaim.
The Gym adjoined to the spa was fine but as with the hairdressing salon my wife felt they both needed updating.
The Outdoor infinity pool
was truly magnificent. It seemed Olympic in size,it was warm and gave me a thorough early morning workout, setting me up for the day.
The Grounds and Garden
were truly regal and kept as if the Sultan was still in residence.
The Overall Service
was very good and we can't stress enough how friendly and efficient the staff are.
The Ciragan Palace we are told is due for a refurbishment at the end of this year and we can't
wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul