Gorgeous pool with Bosphorus and Palace view that is unbeatable! Hard to tear ourselves away to go sightseeing. House wine and cocktails at pool bar cost as much as entrees -- 32 Lira for a glass of house wine so visit duty free if this concerns you. Cab from airport is 20 Euros or so -- cab to Sultanahmet (sightseeing) is around 20Lira. Traffic can be horrendous and it took us an hour to get back to the hotel at midnight on Saturday. Yikes! Gazebo -- restaurant overlooking Bosphorus and pool is fabulous and not horrendously expensive for what it is (25-32 Lira for entrees) with excellent service. Its the drinks that get you! (23-35 Lira each). Booked Superior Bosphorus view at Five Star Alliance for 330 Euro several months in advance (did not include breakfast). Room was lovely with pretty view of Bosphorus over the palms and pool. Very quiet, nice bathroom, super comfy bed, nice balcony. Every night they leave little treats and fruit for you. It was my Bday and they sent a large and very delicious choc cream cake with a candle -- gratis. Make sure you walk to Ortakoy (5 mins walk going left as you leave hotel). Sundays there is an open air market (beads and scarves and trinkets) and the square is reminiscent of the South of France but for the small, beautiful Mosque. Conde Naste traveler's recent article on Turkey has a two page photo of Ortakoy on opening page that shows just how delightful the little town is. Tons of little local places to eat at or try and fall in love with the uber trendy and reasonably priced House Cafe and their fabulous passion fruit martinis. Its a bit hard to find, tucked above the ferry terminal on the far side of the square. Great service and fantastic food. Those worried about location might want to spend a day or two at a hotel in Sultanahmet and then a day or two here to relax by gorgeous pool, see Ortakoy and take Bosphurus cruise, etc. Service good, but a bit slow at times as they are very methodical about making a big fuss over everything. If you ask for ice in the room it comes with a flower in a vase. Details take time. Loved it! Will go back. View simply unbeatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul