“Excellent Stay - beautiful venue and hotel”

Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #65 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The Conrad Istanbul is a beautiful hotel with fantastic views and a great staff. Access to the executive lounge enhanced our stay but meals at other venues at the hotel were excellent and a very good value. It was a wonderful experience and I would stay at the Conrad should I return to Istanbul.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that your stay as well as our service has met your expectations.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Conrad in the nearest future.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed at the Conrad Istanbul from June 23-25 2013. We had two rooms. One room for my parents and one room for myself, wife and two children aged 6 and 10. We booked a city view deluxe, the cheapest available. At check in the receptionist asked if we would like to upgrade to a suite for $150 per room per night and we said yes. Best decision on our Istanbul trip. What beautiful and huge suites we got. I do not know the exact square footage but I think it was 1000 sq foot for sure. Huge bedroom, huge living room, 2 and a half bathrooms, bamboo flooring , kitchenette and great views. Service was excellent, friendly, fast, no complaints. Great hotel. However the hotel is across the street from a Mosque that played loud call to prayer at 10:38pm to 10:45pm and again at around 3:30am and if that was not enough again at around 6am. The first night was especially bad because there was a religious celebration and the 10:38pm prayer calls lasted for more than 30 minutes. The second night the 10:38pm call was only about 7 minutes, not bad, ha ha.
Great hotel but they need way thicker windows for us people not used to calls for prayer.
I noticed they were renovating, which was very very quite and I hope they do install,thicker windows. I would definitely return but a suite,on the other side would be better. Our side was facing the entrance of the hotel. My parents suite was on the Bosphorus view and they did not complain about the calls to prayer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Mosque, the calls for prayer are over speakers and are very loud. They...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank calinn_13

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in Istanbul.
I would also like to thank you for your useful feedback. Please kindly be informed that we will address this matter with façade renovation.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Conrad

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The best view of the Bosphorus and the Ancient City. Very central and perfect location for business and leisure. Excellent service by skillful and smiling staff. Good and specious rooms. Wonderful breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms or Executive floor recommended..
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this candid feedback and for your custom.
I thank you once more for choosing the Conrad for your stays in Istanbul and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

The staff and service were the 2 key drivers which will make me stay at this hotel again. It was my first time at Conrad Istanbul and stayed at almost all the 5 star hotels in Istanbul. By far the service I received at Conrad, was the best. The service in detail includes bar, restaurant and housekeeping. As of the first moment I was called by my name and felt the warm, friendly welcome throughout my stay.

1  Thank Emre E

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.

I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for the reasons below: 1- All staff have a nice welcoming smily face. 2- Hotel rooms, lounge, breakfast, swimming pool, waiters, and all are great. 3- Location is very nice. 4- Overall atmosphere is calm and relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abdul Rahman H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments.

We are glad to see that you had a satisfactory experience in our hotel.

I have shared your comments with the team and this will motivate all of us to keep working in order to fulfil the expectations of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Sincerely
Iňigo Arruti

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Conrad Istanbul is down town Istanbul, yet in a relaxed part of the city center. There is high focus in security which gives a comforting feeling. The lobby staff, and hotel staff in general, is extremely polite and helpful. At this hotel "no" is not an answer. The room was decent. Comfy bed, yet it was not king or queen size but combined single beds. Good mini bar. OK sized bathroom. The room service menu was a bit pricy but it was fast. Took less than 5 minutes to get coffee to my room. There is no wifi included which is abit silly, and the paid is a bit pricy (20 eur / 24 hour) - but it is extremely fast. If the hotel lobby restaurant you get served at your table or can get your food yourself if you prefer. There is also a lovely outdoor area to enjoy morning breakfast. Room was clean. Nothing to complain about. Make sure to visit the skybar at 14th floor. You'll be amazed by the panoramic city view.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your comments and the time taken to post them. I am delighted to hear that our services met your expectations. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team, this will motivate us to keep working for our ultimate goal, service excellence indeed.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Well situated at Besiktas, near to main road connection, tram and public transport, Conrad is a big structure with many rooms. Some of them have a wonderful view on the Bosporus and Sultana met area.
Bathrooms needs upgrade and modernization and service at breakfast require improvements to stay at 5 stay level hotel.
Some waiver are not fluent in English and basic communication with no Turkish speakers could be difficult.

1  Thank MdE_10

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your constructive comments, and for publishing your comments here.

We have started the renovation of our rooms and suites which will be undertaken in different phases and during this period the hotel will remain open and continue offering its services.

Your comments will help us target better all those aspects we need to improve during this process.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future.