“Very good”

Ranked #85 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel is very good. The staff is very helpful and has good attitude. Ladies at the reception provide advice regards shopping, places for out. We were impressed by staff during breakfasts. They are very attentive and take great care. During my trip in Istanbul, I caught severe cold and staff who serving breakfasts was offering special treatments- herbal tea. All this care makes fell you very welcomed. Well done guys.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Conrad in the nearest future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Essex
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Just back from another wonderful 3 night stay in Istanbul but a first visit to the Conrad.
Apart from no hotel car waiting for us at the airport, a slight disappointment after a long haul flight, a 6 hr time difference, and a fair amount of luggage, this was the only glitch.
Incidentally the hotel had made all the proper arrangements, it appears that their car service hadn't bothered to check the flight which, as is often the case with long haul, arrived an hour early.
Not the end of the world as we found a large taxi which was happy to take our 4 suitcases and folding wheelchair.
We were the first occupants of the gorgeous, newly renovated, suite I had booked. As this trip was marking a special celebration tHe hotel had kindly made us a gorgeous and really delicious cake and there was also a bottle of Turkish champagne waiting for us in the sitting room.
We arrived at 5am, (I had paid for an extra night as I never like to wait until midday to check in), and the view of Istanbul waking up from our massive balcony was spectacular. In warmer weather it would be a joy to sit out there at the very comfortable seating and revel in the stupendous vista.
The sitting room has a lovely large semi circular sofa and desk area. Large TV too, of course. Perfect for entertaining guests, as we did, or working.
The bedroom is super comfortable with a vast, firmish bed which gave a very good night's sleep. Wonderful city view and large TV here too.
Must also mention that the heating/AC were great. We had just flown in from balmy Malaysia and didn't want mega heating in our room as we were used to the cool AC in our previous hotels. Some hotels in Istanbul in January seem to have the heating locked on high and it is very uncomfortable.
The bathroom is great at the Conrad too. Lovely great smelling amenities, walk in shower and separate tub. Also, a first for us, an electric mirror with quilt in TV. Initially this merely seemed to be a novelty but my husband enjoyed watching BBC news whist shaving.
Breakfast in the Club area was a slightly miserable affair as the staff didn't seem to appreciate being interrupted, but we had to pop up for the spectacular view. The choice up there is obviously limited, but I actually preferred it to downstairs as it had everything I required, but I was outvoted for the other mornings.
Breakfast downstairs offers a large selection of cooked and cold items with super smiley staff and a lovely breakfast chef who cooks waffles, French toast and poached eggs etc to order. Most enjoyable.
In the summer this must be even nicer as the large dining room looks out over the pool area.
As my son was somewhat under the weather we also chose to eat upstairs on the 15th floor one night. Fairly average hotel food, but once again, friendly smiley staff which made for a happy evening.
Yes, the hotel is being renovated but it didn't interfere or diminish our visit one iota.
Yes, the hotel is in Besıktas, away from Suitanahmet, but we knew this and it is only a 10 or 15 minute walk to local shops or restaurants if one wishes and taxis are plentiful and very reasonable. Hotel taxis are excellent and didn't seem to cost any more at all. We ate at superb restaurants in various different areas of Istanbul and as long as one isn't caught in the fairly awful Istanbul rush hour it really doesn't take long to get anywhere. The Conrad is actually pretty well placed for most areas.

I would almost certainly return to the Conrad and am actually trying my best at present to make some arrangements for this later this year.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BuckhurstHillbilly
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in January.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a detailed review about our hotel, your feedback and comments allows other reviewers to get an insight about our hotel and our services.
Please be assured that your comments have already been shared with all team members.

I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul.

Toulouse, France
Reviewed 4 January 2014

had a great time there. the spanish hotel manager is very welcoming. they are going through a renovation but there is no disturbance at all, no noise, and you can totally benefit from their breath taking views of the bosphorus. i had a room with 2 sides with windows from floor to ceiling giving the perfect experience of istanbul by night. Business lounge staff was very welcoming and friendly. location was good to walk around the bosphorus, go to taksim, or get on a boat to the asian side. very convenient.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room with the floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Wannabecanadian21
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and please rest assured that positive comments have been shared with all team members.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and we have met your expectations.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Again this year, I spent about two weeks in the Conrad and I enjoyed the stay. Room was fine and comfortable. Doormen are efficient and pleasant. Taxis are directly available. Room service has been speedy and of very good quality. Check in and Check out have been warm and efficient. See you again in 2014!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dim-bxl
Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in Istanbul.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family stayed at this Conrad Hotel as a layover on our way to Germany. We got there earlier than check in and were sent upstairs to the executive lounge to check in and wait for our room to be ready. The view of the Bosphorus from the executive lounge is the highlight of this hotel. It's the real shining star. The rest is merely okay. The rooms are comfortable enough and the staff is warm and friendly. But comparing this hotel to the Hilton Istanbul and the Hilton wins hands down. The executive lounge at the Conrad is not nearly as well stocked, nor are the food choices as good. The rooms are smaller and while the views from the Conrad are a little better, they aren't enough better to merit going to the Conrad over the Hilton. The Hilton is a little closer to the action and much better stocked with larger rooms.

As I said, the staff is friendly. They even gave my young children wonderful Conrad Istanbul teddy bears. And it wasn't a bad time at all. I just liked the Hilton better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bosphorus.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hoagy74
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive comments and taking the time to post them.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Conrad in the near future.

Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed 29 December 2013

From the arrival experience to the departure, my stay has been extremely comfortable and I have received perfect service. I was welcomed by a very chic doorman who will take care of arranging taxis and other concierge type of service all along my stay; the position of the hotel is perfect for reaching any place on the european side of Istanbul. My luggage was taken directly to my room where I find it when I went to the room after a quick check-in procedure.The hotel is very clean everywhere, the view from the 14th floor bar terrasse (and from the 14th floor men's restroom, probably the best in the world :-) ) over the Bosphorous is just amazing, rooms are large with an easy to adjust temperature, good bathroom and amenities, a large bathtub, fluffy towels and slippers, large screen TV and huge window with curtains that really insulate from external light at night. A couple of improvements in the room's working area could be an ergonomic chair and more electricity sockets around the desk; but being the hotel under renovation, I suppose these aspects will be addressed. The hotel fulfills any expectation one can have from a 5* hotel, the stars are more than deserved, but what always leaves me impressed when I stay at the Conrad Istanbul is the outstanding professionality of the staff, without exception, taking the warmth of the Turkish sense of hospitality to the highest levels. Let them take care of you and you will enjoy it as much as me.

Room Tip: All rooms are just perfect. For those in search of views, opt for a room with Bosphorous view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your comments and the time taken to post them. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team, this will motivate us to keep working for our ultimate goal, service excellence indeed.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here with friends for a long weekend. As others have said, there is a major renovation underway, so the outside of the building looks a bit torn up. But we were not inconvenienced in any way by the work: no noise, no dust or problems. Staff is very attentive across the hotel. Roof top restaurant has amazing views of the city and excellent Turkish delicacies.

This is a first rate, international hotel, with prices to match. Far from the most expensive, but not a typical tourist place either. Location is a bit away from some major tourist spots, but cabs are cheap, and being in a quieter area is good. We will return because of the excellent service and very comfortable accommodations.

Room Tip: The end rooms have great sweeping views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Conrad in the nearest future.