“Nice Hotel for Business Meeting - Some Oddities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #87 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
NY
“Nice Hotel for Business Meeting - Some Oddities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

Really enjoyed staying at the Conrad. Room was lovely with a nice view of the Bosphorus. Bed was very comfy (although SINGLE, which was the first oddity). The food in the hotel, from the main restaurant, was great. Not just good, great. The food upstairs at the Summit rooftop bar was less than good. But the drinks... mmmm.

Now for the oddities. The hotel appears to be highly secure. They checked under my taxi with mirrors when I arrived from the airport. You have to go through an x-ray scanner each time you enter the hotel.
However, there were FOUR instances where my room key did not work. I went to the front desk, gave them my room #, they told ME my name and I said yes. They handed me the key, no further questions asked.

I became very sick (food poisoning from, we think, a restaurant we went to on Friday night). Guest Services listed a doctor and nurse on site. When I enquired, I was told "Oh, that's for employees only." ??

The service was overall very good, but there were several times where I felt invisible as a woman (this was true of my entire visit to Istanbul). Men would walk right in front of me as I waited to check in, or to give the restaurant hostess my room #. I don't need chivalry, but common courtesy is something I've become accustomed to.

The pool area was lovely, the concierge very helpful, and overall I had a good experience at the hotel. It is not close to the touristy stuff (but close to Orkotoy which is a high-toned area to have dinner and go dancing). We took a 40 minute cab ride into the Old City one day and it was fine.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank panthergirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

This was my first visit to Istanbul & we were accomodated at the Corad hotel

all our procedures upon check in wer quite quick. We headed straight for our first meal after our flight. Themeal organised was an indian meal since our groug was indian. Much to my ashtonisment it was prepared well & was much appreciated by the rest of our group as well. I am much of an adventurer & was quite dissapointed with an indian meal.

The hotel is quite welll located & all the sights & snds of istanbul are near.

for dinner we dinned at the summit restaurant which is loacted on the top floor. This was a private dinner organised by our team & was accompanied with a turkish wine tasting. One drawback i faced with the hotel was abt 90% of the staff were not too comfortable with english & it was really difficult to get the message across to them. This lead to alot of goof ups.

The summit restaurant had a terrace & windows all across the indoor area. had a fablulous view of the bridge which kept changing its color throught the night.

My room was neat & clean. Quite average. But the view was above average.

Besides the language barrier i feel this hotel is a good pick for business conference & so on!!

• Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank notyalc
Montreal, Quebec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

I recently stayed a few nights at this hotel as I was part of a group tour. I found it to be a beautiful hotel to stay, with all the amenities of a 5 star hotel, including a huge variety- filled buffet breakfast. The dinners looked delicious as well from what I can tell when peaking in on one of their dining rooms on the main level (facing the pool). The roof top lounge is sophisticated, laid back, with amazing views of the Bosphorus and the Asian side. The location of the hotel in the neighbourhood of Besiktas is not convenient to the main sites in Sultanahmet but I did find a way around this without spending a fortune on taxis (about 15TL). You can take a taxi (about 5-6TL) to Kabatas tram station (this is where Dolmabahce Palace is also located) which has the excellent tram line to take you right into Sultahnamet (about a 15 minute ride - 1.40TL fare one way), as well, there is the Metro/subway station and funicular to Taksim at this terminal. Someone else told me about taking the shared buses from near the port area (about 5-7 min walk from the hotel) that goes straight to Taksim for 1.40 TL. I thought I also saw these mini-buses waiting right at the bottom of the street where the hotel is located (verify with the hotel concierge). The hotel is also only a 10 min taxi ride (about 6-7 TL) to the lively neighbourhood of Ortakoy. So while, the hotel is not in the most convenient location, it is considered partly in the suburbs of Istanbul and you are mingling with the locals. In between the chain restaurants of McDonalds/Burger King/Pizza Hut near the hotel, there are a few Turkish cuisine places to eat (budget to high range).

• Stayed May 2009
2 Thank skhMontreal_Quebec
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

I must say, I got mixed reviews when I checked this hotel out on trip advisor but needless to
say that myself and my boyfriend enjoyed our stay thoroughly.
We couldn't fault the hotel or the service we got, though one downside was that we didn't get everything we wanted for in room dining breakfast yesterday morning, but it was cheaper so can't complain!
The restaurants, like every hotel, was expensive but we moved about the different ones and spent our last meal at monet.
I had requested a king room but we got a twin and it wasn''t a city view like it was meant to be, however, the beds were comfy and we were very happy and very relaxed.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank windjammer08
Sussex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

My wife and I liked this hotel in general, although the main lobby area tried to look glamorous, in fact it was a little over the top and a little 'brassy'. However, service in the hotel as very good indeed and whenever we asked for something we received it promptly and with a smile.

Everything else about our stay was great, but to be fair as a top level 'Diamond' points earner with the Hilton group, we were upgraded to one of the best 10 or so rooms in the hotel and treated like royalty at all times. That said, I did have one criticism in that the outdoor pool area whilst clean was not very inviting and the water was freezing. However, with that exception we had a great time and would happily visit again as Istanbul is a fascinating and interesting place.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SussexSavvy
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2009

We stayed on the 15th floor. Great view. great food. they do shut down the bar and food right at the designated hour. we were a couple mins late and everything was gone. taking the metro to the golden horn is very easy. I recommend buying an Akbill to make it very simple.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cal100
Wien
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

Location and hotel itself is good; staff is very friendly and helpful, breakfast is excellent. The quality of the standard rooms does not correspond with a five stars hotel. The rooms need urgently to be refurbished (especially the bathrooms).

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business