“I will return again!”

Ranked #189 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Vancouver, Canada
“I will return again!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Seven Hills for my second time just recently. My first experience there this past summer was amazing, and when I had to make a last minute trip to Istanbul in January, it was my first choice. I felt like I was returning to a familiar place, as the staff are so friendly, and remembered me from my previous trip. The location is absolutely perfect in the old city, within walking distance to great shops, restaurants, and cafes. It is situated right between the Blue Mosque and the Haghia Sofia (with beautiful views of these from the 3rd floor rooms!), so very quick easy to walk to these amazing places, also the Hippodrome, Arasta Bazaar and the Grand Bazaar. My favorite spot in Istanbul was actually on the rooftop restaurant of this hotel! With it's amazing 360 degree views of the mosques, and the water, having breakfast up here is the perfect way to start the day. Be sure to go again at sunset... what a fantastic place to be, when the sun sets and the mosques light up. Feels like a fairy tale. By far the best place to dine in all of the old city, with fresh seafood and the most amazing views. I will be back one day, and look forward to being there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room with a view and a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank jennifertrina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Irvine, California
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This was one of the nicest meals I have had in Istanbul, and I have eaten in many restaurants there. From the moment I arrived at this hotel everything was top class. I was greeted by a young man called Ramazan at the door and he could not have been more helpful and polite.He went out of his way to assist me He is a great front door person because I immediately felt welcome.. I am a vegetarian and I asked the waiters to ask the chef to prepare something special for me. I had the most wonderful salad starter the ingrediants were so fresh it was unbelievable, and the vegetable casserole was mouth watering. The desert was divine and the homemade bread hot out of the over was beyond tempting. Every one of the dining staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful and I really felt at home.the chef even came out at the end to see if my meal was ok. I could not recommend this restaurant and I dined there a few times during my stay.I almost forgot the view which was breathtaking... Top marks for this wonderful hotel and its staff.. well done and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank bredaryanlong
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Location and views from the roof restaurant and terrace cannot be beat at this old town boutique hotel. The staff worked very hard to make our family of 5 (3 kids <7) at ease. A couple of things to keep in mind, the restaurant is nice, great views and good food but you pay for it and we weren't thrilled with the tours booked through the hotel (both times, we had to take a bus to another hotel and change to another bus...i.e. a lot of bus time and mediocre guides).

Room Tip: if you can get the suite with the balcony overlooking the aya sofia, go for it!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Zachariah T
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This hotel (boutique) is across the street from the Four Seasons Hotel. It's a good location and we stayed in one of the executive suites (floor 3) which had a wonderful view of the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. We loved having breakfast at their roof top restaurant. The price was right too.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank goodtravel T
Sammamish, WA USA
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed here 10 years ago and loved it. Stayed again in November 2011 and were not disappointed. The hotel location is surperb. The view from the rooftop restauant is arguably the best in Istanbul. Since it was in November this time the rooftop wasn't open for eating, but the view is still worth a look. Dinner up there on warmer days is killer good. Our room was good size, comfortable and clean. Service was very good and the hotel is well maintained. Highly recommended. When we return to Istanbul we'll stay again.

Room Tip: All three rooms we were in have been fine. As usual I think the higher the better.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank rcman
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Seven Hills Hotel modern and old a good standard The location was just perfect Hagia Sophia, Sultanahmet Mosgue , Ibrahim Pasha Museum, everything was less than 10 minutes walk It is in the centre of the city which is really useful if you want to take a short break during the sight-seeing Also we liked that it is in a small, calm street so we weren´t disturbed by the noise We were staying there in December so big plus for us was the kettle in the room, I could make a Tea and Nescafe anytime These were in the price of the room We could also regulate the heat in our room so we didnt have to worry about the cold But the main thing why I recommend Seven Hills hotel to anybody is the friendly staff I have never meet so nice and helpful people specially guy called Ozhan anywhere His were recommending us which places are worth of seeing, work well . We would highly recommend Seven Hills if visiting Sultanahmet again .

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank eiad b
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We liked Seven Hills very much. A top small hotel at a top location! Friendly staff and good value for money. We enjoyed the rooftop restaurant and it's magnicifent views. We dream to come back.
Joop Doornbos & Sylvia Dusault