Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
US$152
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$135
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
Istanbul Golden City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
Travelocity
1,665 results
All reviewshagia sophiaseasons restaurantold cityrooftop barblue mosqueinner courtyardluxury hotelbeautiful hotelconcierge staffgrand bazaarperfect locationturkeyhotel experiencemajor sitesbaklavabasilica cisterncall to prayer
Reviewed 20 March 2011

This is the largest hotel room I have ever seen in Europe that is not a suite. The bathroom is beautiful with a separate bath tub and shower. Electric window blinds. The most attentive staff who knew me by name. Treats every night when we returned from touring. Welcoming gifts for the kids. A view of the Sea of Marmara in one window with the Hagia Sophia in the other. Five minutes from the Hippodrome/Blue Mosque/Hagia Sofia/Basilical Cistern. Delicious breakfast buffett that was difficult to leave before touring (chocholate croissants that were sinful). Hot cherry tea ready in the lobby when returning from touring in the cold day. The best dinners with authentic Turkish food. My wife wanted a message when we returned from our tour. Within 15 minutes notice, they were ready for her. No, I don't work for the hotel. Yes, it is expensive but well worth it. Simply spectacular. Congratulations Four Seasons! I will always find you.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank chestpain
Reviewed 13 March 2011

One of he best hotels I have been. Nice building in the center of old city, near major attractions. Big rooms, excellent service and very kind staff that calls you by your name all the time. I stayed 2 nights at Four Seasons at the Bosphorus and 3 nights at Four Seasons at Sultanahmet and this hotel was even better than the one at the Bosphorus. The only point to remark is that there is no Buffet Breakfast, we have to orther each iten and sometimes it takes some time to be served.and we spent more time in the breakfast then we intended.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Miriam M
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I will say that the property looks and feels amazing .,, But the staff and service where down right poor for the amount of money they charge. The restaurant staff struggled to do the simple things well and the food was bland and tasteless.The check out was a shambles and I had to a expalin there over charging mistakes to get them fixed. Having stayed at other less expensive 5 star hotels in Istanbul I was dissapointed with my stay and will avoid four seasons from this point on.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
22  Thank hoyle75
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Dear hoyle75,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I was looking back reviews prior to the time I came to Sultanahmet and came across to your comment. I am so sorry that your experience was far below you were expecting and we promise.

If I ever may be of assistance please let me know. My email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Respectfully,

Felix

Reviewed 6 January 2011

My wife and I made a last minute decision to come to Istanbul to celebrate the new year. We were both a bit apprehensive about this as we usually spend our vacation time away from major cities but our anxiety was gone from the moment we landed. We had arranged for an airport transfer through the Four Seasons and were met outside our plane's gate on arrival by a Four Seasons representative who took our bags and whisked us off to the visa counter in a motorized cart. Once there, we breezed through the visa counter in minutes and were eacorted to our car which took us to the Four Seasons. We also used the private transfer for our trip back to the airport (from the FS Bosphorus) and, while it is a bit pricey ($200 euro), we were glad that we did. Again, a FS representative met us curbside and, after taking our bags and passports, quickly checked us in for our flight before escorting us to the secuirty gate. Attention was paid to each and every detail to ensure that our airport passage went as smooth as possible. This was a pleasant and welcome surprise to us in an unfamiliar airport in a foreign land.

Being delayed due to a missed connection in London, we didn't arrive at the hotel until 11pm that night, but were quickly shown to our room and given several suggestions as to where we might find a bite to eat (hotel restaurants were closed for the night). Walking a short distance on the cobblestone streets, we found a great little spot for a nice meal and some relaxation after a long trip.

The following morning, before breakfast, we arranged to have a private guide take us for a half day tour to familiarize ourselves with the city. The guide took us on a walking tour of Sultanahmet and its amazing sites, including The Blue Mosque, Haghia Sophia, The Hippodrome, Basilica Cistern, and The Grand Bazaar. The guide was very informative and gave us a good idea as to the layout of the surrounding area. If we had any complaint, it was that the guide took us to several stops along the way where we could browse the local shops. While this was something that we were interested in, we couldn't help but get the feeling that we were brought to places where our guide was getting "kickbacks" for taking us to these vendors (a bit of an annoyance but certainly not something to ruin the day). Either way, the guide was invaluable for giving us a lay of the land and, after parting ways, we were able to reasonably make our way around that part of the city on our own.

As for the hotel itself, what amazed us most was the close proximity of everything to the FS. Any of the major sites were within easy walking distance of the hotel and the rooftop deck offered magnificent views at night of both the Haghia Sophia and The Blue Mosque. The Haghia Sophia seemed to be within arm's reach from the rooftop deck. Simply amazing. We were not only pleased with the beauty of the hotel, but the staff couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating. On NYE, my wife had a mishap that resulted in her hairbrush getting caught in her hair (don't ask!). The concierge not only made sure that our dinner reservation (off the premises) was pushed back multiple times, but also that a hairdresser was found within 15 minutes and brought to our room to assist her.

We only stayed at the FS Sultanahmet for two days before moving onto the FS Bosphorus for a night, but thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would highly reccommend the Four Seasons, Sultanahmet to anyone interested in seeing the historic section of Istanbul.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dkpot
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I have stayed at many fine hotels but was still amazed at the warm welcome my young son and I received. Every single staff member went out of their way to help and entertain my son. The location is perfect and the views were wonderful. A+++, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family