“Fabulous!!”

Ranked #15 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
new york
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

This is THE place to stay in Istanbul if you are a tourist. It has an extraordinary location in the middle of all the old sites. Much more convenient than 4 Seasons location on the Bosphorous, which is far from the tourist sites and is more convention hotel than small luxury hotel. This 4 Seasons has it all: Impeccable service. Elegant public rooms and rooftop terrace. Impeccable service. We loved our room (304), which had a view of the Blue Mosque from the tub. If you can afford it, treat yourself. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Rooms 302 and 304 have great views
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leloir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Excellent hotel with top quality service. The location is great and perfect for visiting the centre of old Constantinople.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ollivant
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The hotel is absolutely lovely inside and out. I had to work in my room in the evening but the decor and feel of the hotel was so perfect I felt that I was enjoying Istanbul even though I was stuck in my hotel room. The service is helpful and friendly. The views amazing from the fourth floor terrace. And the hotel could not be better situated for visiting Istanbul. I can not say enough nice things about the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
NJ
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This is the place to stay while in Istanbul. The location in the old town is perfect. A few minutes walk to most important sites. Many great places to shop or eat withing walking distance as well. I also loved the fact that unlike most Four Seasons, this is a smaller hotel with a more personal and cozy feel to it. Only 2 or 3 stories high with a small, beautifully landscaped courtyard. The rooms are fairly spacious and very comfortable. The staff are all professional and helpful. The only down fall is the restaurant. While the breakfasts were great, we did not care for the dinner we had on our first night.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LiveAmused
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 22 June 2011

For the price, we were generally underwhelmed by the Four Seasons Sultanahmet. Its greatest advantage is its location in the heart of the primary historical sites of the Sultanahmet area of Istanbul. The hotel has a nice and efficient staff but with little of the warmth or friendliness that we saw in so many of the Turkish people that we met elsewhere. The rooftop terrace has beautiful views of the Bosphorus and the Hagia Sofia and serves drinks and very nice light meals. The buffet breakfast was quite marginal and very expensive. Considering the room price, we were surprised that the hotel charges a daily fee for a wireless connection, which seems like a nickel and dime approach. The room was nice but small. We have stayed at a number of Four Seasons around the world that we have liked very much, but there are better places to stay in Istanbul and we probably would not return. The main advantage is its location which can’t be beat. It was fine, but not outstanding.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
14 Thank DiscerningTraveler99
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear DiscerningTraveler99,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am now the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I was going through past comments and yours brought my attention. I know it was some time ago but still is very valid and I wanted to thank you for it.

A few things have been upgraded since your stay and some that are relevant to your comments. Sİnce the begining of last year we do not charge for regular internet access, which you were very right it was very much needed. We provide secure lines, very different what other places offer but still to provide the regular internet access free has been so appreciated. Actually expected.

We have also since your stay renovate the terrace which is called now A´ya. I hope one day would come and see it during the warmer months, it is very nice. We have also worked on our breakfast offerings and the food concept.

Please DiscerningTraveler99 if one day I may be of any assistance within Istanbul or within Four Seasons please please let me know. I would love to help. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially,

Felix
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We spent three days at this hotel before heading out on a Greek island cruise. The location cannot be beat. The Blue Mosque, The Palace Cistern, Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace all within 5-10 minutes walk from hotel. Four seasons quality from greeting to departure. Rooms spacious and clean. Very pleasant rooftop terrace with amazing views of Hajia Sofia and Blue Mosque. Had breakfast and lunch at the restaurant which is located in an inner courtyard with lovely tropical plants. Cannot hear city noises at all in courtyard. Public rooms bright and tastefully decorated and never felt overcrowded.

One day, I foolishly left our safe open all day while we went on a walking tour. There was cash, jewelry and other valuables there for the taking. When we returned, nothing had been touched. Perhaps we just got lucky but the room had been serviced in our absence.

A small gripe for the sake of balance. The concierges, although very friendly and helpful, had the slightly annoying tendency of recommending very expensive, glitzy and not necessarily authentic dining venues. One sees this at most high end hotels as this is what mauch of thier clientel probably expects. While on the subject of restaurants, please go to Restaurant Aloran. Take a left upon exiting the Four Seasons and take another left at the next corner. It's about 50 yards along the street an a corner on the right hand side. It is my intention to review Aloran soon but suffice it to say, I highly recommend it. The concierge had never heard of it!

A great travel memory for me will be waking to the call to prayer as I gaze at Hajia Sofia through the morning mist. As you might expect, this place is not inexpensive but, in mu view. very much worth the cost.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMBPittsburgh
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The Four Seasons looked in Sultanahmat is in a great location & easy walk to a lot of attractions & 5 minutes to the tram which is easy to navigate. Altho expensive, the quiet elegance is worth the price. The room was large, small suite, with excellant bed & bedding. Everyone in hotel greeted you where ever you were & many surprised me by knowing our name. The rooms were very quiet. Bathroom was large with a waterfall showerhead from 8 feet high. Breakfast buffet was like most Four Seasons. Dinner in a courtyard enclosed glass room was delicious.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple