Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Uyan Hotel(Istanbul)
Nayla Palace(Istanbul)
  • Restaurant
1,647 results
All reviewshagia sophiaseasons restaurantold cityrooftop barblue mosqueinner courtyardluxury hotelbeautiful hotelconcierge staffgrand bazaarperfect locationturkeyhotel experiencemajor sitesbaklavabasilica cisterncall to prayer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Great location for many of the attractions and it's Four Seasons...need I say more.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rkjlondon
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I backpacked Turkey 10 years ago, yearning to return to this particular hotel. Obviously back when I was a student, we stayed at hostels and while visiting all the sites in Istanbul, we walked by the Four Seasons time and time again. It's because it is literally surrounded by the key attractions of the city, literally all within 5 mins walking distance. I promised myself that if I returned, I would want to stay here. So 10 years later, I came back and stayed for 3 nights here.

Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised by an upgrade which was a room with a full view of the Aya Sofia. You are so close, you could literally throw a stone and hit the dome. Room was well appointed and service - though we didn't manage to use it too much was of Four Seasons standard. Room service - the food was excellent and very well presented.

You really can't go wrong with this place - but be prepared to pay Four Seasons prices.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank detang
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Detang,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. With your permission I would love to share it iwith the team and specially with the Room Service employees.

If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Four Seasons please let me know, my email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

I would love to welcome you back one day to Sultanahmet and the Four Seasons.

Cordially,

Felix

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Excellent, confortable, good staff , good breakfast , perfect!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We spend 2 nights here and were somewhat disappointed, given that this is a VERY expensive hotel. To be clear, my criticism isn't really about the hotel per se--it's more about the relative luxury (or lack thereof) in light of the price (around $700USD). The hotel is very well-located for sight-seeing, especially if you have limited time in Istanbul--all of the major sites are within 5-10 minutes walking distance. The hotel is pretty and the service is what you would expect from a Four Seasons--we were pleased with the two restaurants that they recommended for dinner. We ate breakfast and one lunch at the hotel restaurant and both were quite good. The room, however, was clean but not at all memorable. It was very hot, but the A/C never got quite cool enough. Our room was on the ground floor and thus had no view and was fairly dark. The decor wasn't offensive, but again, was not memorable. Overall, for the amount of money we spent, I felt that the hotel was VERY overpriced. We had a drink at the Four Seasons on the Bosophorous, which was much prettier. I suspect that the Bosphorous location would come closer to being worth the price. If you're not made of money and expect special/luxurious accomodations when you're paying for, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor(s)--ground floor rooms have no view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank rachiefish
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Dear Rachiefish,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus.

Thank you very much for your honest coments and rating on the guest satisfaction system of Trip Advisor.

Ouch!!... I can not deny that it hurts... I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. On behalf of the entire team please accept my sinceren apologies.

Rachiefish, we always strive to offer value. And we failed this time. Would it be possible for me to reach you over the phone to apologize in person? I would love to regain your trust in Four Seasons. My email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Respectfully,

Felix

Reviewed 11 September 2011

We just returned from our second trip to Istanbul. After previously staying in the Taksim area we wanted to stay in the older part and enjoy the Tultanahmet area. The Four Seasons is convenient to every attraction and walking distance to most everything. It's small and intimate and the services, staff and attention to detail that we have come to expect from the Four Seasons did not disappoint. After walking the busy streets and sites, we found that returning to our hotel was like returning to an oasis in the midst of tourists of street hawkers. We treated ourselves to a leisurely and delicious breakfast every morning and enjoyed the courtyard and visiting with our friendly and interesting waitstaff. The "Signature Sultanahmet Massage" is not to be missed! The Four Seasons helped make our trip a delight!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple