“Great Location”

Ranked #17 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Virginia
“Great Location”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed here in July 2011, walked to every major site . . . Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Topkapi Palace and Grand Bazaar. This was an old jail and it's been refurbished beautifully. The staff was incredibly helpful and soooo nice! Food in the restaurant was above average, good for breakfast mainly, but the hotel is around the corner from a street filled with lots of restaurants . . . get a recommendation from the hotel on the best. Go to the Aya Sofia Turkish Bath another recommendation from the hotel . . . it was amazing and again around the corner, literally. Loved our stay at this hotel in Istanbul, much better location than the Four Seasons Bosphorus, I would recommend staying in the old city NOT on the Bosphorus side, the traffic is horrific, worse than any I've seen in the US. You'd always need a cab ride across the Galata Bridge to get to the main sights from a Bosphorus hotels.

Room Tip: Might be quieter with a room facing the gorgeous courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank emaock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
dallas
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed at the four seasons for three nights,sept9to the 11th.
We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. We only stay in 5 star hotels. This hotel really exceeded our expectations. It is new and the details in the rooms are really well thought out. The room was huge and really quite overlooking the courtyard. The espresso machine in the room got a work out.
The fitness room was fine. The staff was genuine and truly desired to help and insure we had a great experience. The location of the hotel in the old part of town is walking distance to mayor attractions, but we recommend one of the guide services such as Sea Song because it is half the price of any in Europe and the guides and vans were terrific.
The breakfast Buffett is truly one of the best in the world.

Room Tip: Windows are really thick and operable.for quite chose the courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chevydallas
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Dear Chevydallas,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet and I feel motivated after reading your review.

Truth to be told, we do not have the Nespresso machines in all rooms yet. Your comment helps us encourage to continue growing our program.

With your permission Chevydallas I would love to share your comments and rating with the rest of the team. Thank you very much.

Please let me know how I may be of assistance in the future, my email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Cordially,

Felix

P.S. The team go excited about the breakfast enhancement and last night we commenced our Dinner real charcoal grill in the courtyard... Fresh daily catch, and also prime cuts.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Great location for many of the attractions and it's Four Seasons...need I say more.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rkjlondon
Hong Kong
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I backpacked Turkey 10 years ago, yearning to return to this particular hotel. Obviously back when I was a student, we stayed at hostels and while visiting all the sites in Istanbul, we walked by the Four Seasons time and time again. It's because it is literally surrounded by the key attractions of the city, literally all within 5 mins walking distance. I promised myself that if I returned, I would want to stay here. So 10 years later, I came back and stayed for 3 nights here.

Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised by an upgrade which was a room with a full view of the Aya Sofia. You are so close, you could literally throw a stone and hit the dome. Room was well appointed and service - though we didn't manage to use it too much was of Four Seasons standard. Room service - the food was excellent and very well presented.

You really can't go wrong with this place - but be prepared to pay Four Seasons prices.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank detang
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear Detang,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. With your permission I would love to share it iwith the team and specially with the Room Service employees.

If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Four Seasons please let me know, my email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

I would love to welcome you back one day to Sultanahmet and the Four Seasons.

Cordially,

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Excellent, confortable, good staff , good breakfast , perfect!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We spend 2 nights here and were somewhat disappointed, given that this is a VERY expensive hotel. To be clear, my criticism isn't really about the hotel per se--it's more about the relative luxury (or lack thereof) in light of the price (around $700USD). The hotel is very well-located for sight-seeing, especially if you have limited time in Istanbul--all of the major sites are within 5-10 minutes walking distance. The hotel is pretty and the service is what you would expect from a Four Seasons--we were pleased with the two restaurants that they recommended for dinner. We ate breakfast and one lunch at the hotel restaurant and both were quite good. The room, however, was clean but not at all memorable. It was very hot, but the A/C never got quite cool enough. Our room was on the ground floor and thus had no view and was fairly dark. The decor wasn't offensive, but again, was not memorable. Overall, for the amount of money we spent, I felt that the hotel was VERY overpriced. We had a drink at the Four Seasons on the Bosophorous, which was much prettier. I suspect that the Bosphorous location would come closer to being worth the price. If you're not made of money and expect special/luxurious accomodations when you're paying for, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor(s)--ground floor rooms have no view.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank rachiefish
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear Rachiefish,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus.

Thank you very much for your honest coments and rating on the guest satisfaction system of Trip Advisor.

Ouch!!... I can not deny that it hurts... I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. On behalf of the entire team please accept my sinceren apologies.

Rachiefish, we always strive to offer value. And we failed this time. Would it be possible for me to reach you over the phone to apologize in person? I would love to regain your trust in Four Seasons. My email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Respectfully,

Granbury, Texas
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We just returned from our second trip to Istanbul. After previously staying in the Taksim area we wanted to stay in the older part and enjoy the Tultanahmet area. The Four Seasons is convenient to every attraction and walking distance to most everything. It's small and intimate and the services, staff and attention to detail that we have come to expect from the Four Seasons did not disappoint. After walking the busy streets and sites, we found that returning to our hotel was like returning to an oasis in the midst of tourists of street hawkers. We treated ourselves to a leisurely and delicious breakfast every morning and enjoyed the courtyard and visiting with our friendly and interesting waitstaff. The "Signature Sultanahmet Massage" is not to be missed! The Four Seasons helped make our trip a delight!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple