“Superb service in a great location”

Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Ranked #13 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 31 August 2012

If its your first visit to Istanbul and you want to pick somewhere special to celebrate you will not be disappointed by the Four Seasons Hotel. Its literally on the doorstep of the Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace. A three day museum pass not only gives you an excellent discount but help you bypass all the queues. You can purchase one from the concierge. The food in the hotel is very good and so are the restaurants nearby. The staff are very friendly and helpful with good knowledge of places to visit and eat. The hotel itself is an attraction to tourist and this is the only area I think the hotel needs to review. How to balance the privacy and security of the guest with the publicity from curious tourists.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper have a room away from the courtyard.
1  Thank meitsa
Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed three nights at this hotel pre-cruise and you can't beat the location. As expected from a Four Seasons Hotel...it was top notch. The room was spectacular and the blackout shades a huge plus. It was walking distance to many local tourist sites and the staff were extremely helpful answering questions about "Things to do" withing walking distance (we were going to take a cab to the Grand Bazaar but they assured us it was a very comfortable walk and it was!!) Two things to note...1) DO NOT miss having dinner or a drink across the street at the 7 Hills Restaurant on the top floor. The views of the Hagia Sopia and the Blue Mosque are incredible!!! That is where you want to take your photos! 2) If you want to have breakfast at the Four Seasons...make it part of your room rate - otherwise you will never enjoy one bite of your meal knowing how much it costs!! :) It is really overpriced but since it was included in our room rate - it was the best fresh squeezed OJ and best coffee of our trip!!

1  Thank Twotouch
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I think the other reviews say it enough. This is the best hotel experience I ever had. For the location, the service and the food, I cannot say enough good words. Felix, thank you for making our stay more special!:)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 24florinmiron
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My family and I had the pleasure of staying here for two nights. The location is perfect for touring the major sites. The rooms are large and sumptuous. Make sure to have a drink on the roof deck when the blue mosque and hagia sophia are calling the faithful to worship!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2012

On one of my sightseeing days in Istanbul back in May of 2010, I decided to have afternoon tea at the Four Seasons at Sultanahmet. Although the hotel is located in a former prison, it is a remarkable transformation. The entrance to the hotel has the most spectacular floral arrangements to welcome guests. The public rooms are elegant, and I particularly loved the central courtyard, where tables are available for dining al fresco. There is a fine gift shop with carefully selected Turkish wares, including their gorgeous pottery.

I decided to eat outside in the courtyard and had the most delicious afternoon tea, with several savories, including a smoked salmon open sandwich, scones with strawberry preserves and fresh whipped cream, and four mini-cakes garnished with hazelnuts or slices of strawberry. There was a choice of teas, and mine came in a fair-size teapot, served English-style, along with an extra jug of boiling water, and a choice of lemon or milk.

A wonderful way to relax for a couple of hours in the old city without the bustling crowds!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Bear59
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Bear 59,

How great that you took the time to write a note about the Hotel Afternoon Tea. Thank you very much.

Back in 1996 when we were putting together the Hotel to be opened, I was coming from London from the Four Seasons in Park Lane, we were passionate to create an area for afternoon tea with our English recipe of scones. The afternoon tea went magical with the Turkish traditions.

I am Felix. Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. Please Bear 59, if I may ever be of any assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed in both Four Seasons hotels while in Istanbul. For two nights we stayed on the Bosphorus Four Seasons and two nights in the Four Seasons Sultanahmet. The Four Seasons Sultanahmet is in the heart of the old city. Within walking distance of the Blue Mosque, St Sophia and the Hippodrone. Also within walking distance of the Grand Bazaar. But, also the minute we walked into the hotel there was no checking in. They met us at our car and took us directly do our room which was beautiful. The entire hotel had a much more Turkish feel then the Four Seasons on the Bosphorus. Don't get me wrong, the Bosphorus hotel is beautiful, however, more modern and could be located anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear harrylover55,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

My name is Felix Murillo and I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I completely agree that it is the combination of both Hotels that it makes it best. While we are here in the middle of History and Mystique, our Bosphorus property is by the water, closer to the new town and with a magnificent SPA.

I would love to be of any assistance if I may in the future whether within Four Seasons or Istanbul, please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

With all of the comments provided from others about the great location, I'll simply point out the comfortable rooms, exceptional service and beautiful decor. We enjoyed staying at the Four Seasons at Sultanahmet and would highly recommend it for visiting many of the main attractions in Istanbul - especially if you're visiting Istanbul for the first time. The staff couldn't have been more accomodating and English is spoken well throughout the hotel. We used the Concierge on several occassions and were quite pleased with the recommendations to restaurants and a nearby performance of Whirling Dervish. The food at the hotel is also excellent and the breakfast buffet is outstanding! The size of the room was surprisingly generous and the decor throughout the hote is elegant and very comfortable. The only thing I missed was having access to a pool on a hot summer day. I don't recall seeing many children at the hotel, so the lack of a pool might be a plus for those wanting more quiet surroundings. We slept very well!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear CarolGregory,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

How nice to open the Trip Advisor and see your note. You are very nice with us.Thank you.

If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Istanbul please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours Cordially,