“Outstanding Istanbul hotel in the best location”

Ranked #15 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 May 2014

You really couldn't get a better location in Istanbul especially if you're trying to see the most famous sights, most of which are in very easy walking distance. And, of course, this being a Four Seasons, you can expect the highest possible standards of service. The rooms are beautifully decorated in keeping with the local style and materials. Look no further!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KinaF
FS_Istanbul, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear KinaF,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in June. It is a great pleasure to read that you and your family enjoyed the location of the Hotel and had a memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again during your future trips to Istanbul...

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed in very many five star (or whatever) hotels all over the world and this hotel ranks with the best. Situated in an old prison in the old city and within a few minutes walk of Istanbul's major attractions (i.e..g., Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque, the Cisterns, the Grand Bazaar (if you are inclined to shop) etc. The hotel is beautifully decorated and , with only 65 rooms, also very quiet and lacking the commercial feel of a typical Four Seasons or other large luxury hotel. The inner courtyard is filled with jasmine and multiple other flowers and breakfast outdoors on the terrace is an absolute delight. The rooms are large, tastefully decorated and well-appointed and service is impeccable. I doubt that there is another hotel in Istanbul that can come close to the standard set by the Four Seasons Sultanahmet. (Caution: not to be confused with the other Four Seasons hotel in Istanbul.)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank plkmtk

Dear plkmtk,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May and for your kind comments. I'm happy to see that you and your friends had an enjoyable time with us and you loved the location, courtyard filled with jasmine flowers, the decoration of your rooms as well as the service.

We hope you come back and visit us again very soon...

Best regards to London,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Four Seasons is a converted prison. You would never know by the beautiful grounds, public spaces and rooms. It is literally on the back wall of the Hagia Sophia. Walk 5 minutes and you are at the complex of the Blue Mosque, Topkapi and the Hagia. The hotel is located on a quiet small cobblestone street. We had a suite. It was well laid out with views of the courtyard and Bosphoros behind. On the back side, views of the Hagia Sophia. The bed and pillows were comfortable- a must for me. Breakfast buffet was included with a chef cooking pancakes and eggs. Dinner was very good. This is a calm and peaceful oasis in a very crowded tourist area.

Room Tip: A suite with a separate living room has nice views and is reasonably priced
1  Thank cbreezedad

Dear cbreezedad,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May and also for the beautiful pictures you shared with your review. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and you loved the bed and the pillows. I totally agree with you that our Hotel is a calm and peaceful oasis in the middle of the Old Town, remote from the hustle and bustle of the touristic district, even though it is only 5 minutes away.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the nearest future...

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location right in the heart of all the sights, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Our room had a lovely terrace with a beautiful view we could sit and enjoy. Everything you could possibly want. I would suggest not going in the middle of summer as there is no pool, but we were there in late May and it was perfect.

Dear jac2165,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May. I'm delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time with us. With reference to your comment about the pool, we are lucky to have a sister hotel on the Bosphorus with a spacious Spa and an outdoor pool, having a breathtaking view. Our guests can access to all facilities at our both hotels in Istanbul.

We look forward to welcoming you again during your future trips to Istanbul...

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here in May 2014. The hotel is ideally situated in the old part of Istanbul close to the Blue Mosque, Aghia Sofia, Topkapi Palace, the Roman Cistern and the Hippodrome.
The hotel is a very fine example of a boutique hotel, with beautifully furnished rooms and very colourful gardens which were exquisitely manicured.
But the highlight of this hotel is the extraordinary attention to guest care shown by every single member of the staff. They are simply exemplary and a huge credit to the General Manager and the company. If I had to choose a star it would be Furkan Arda, who looked after us in the restaurant, but that is slightly unfair to all the others because they were all exceptional, well trained, professional hotel staff. This is a model hotel and a template for best practice in hotel management. I know, I was a professional hotel GM for 30 years.

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are a bit pricey but the extra space is worth the cost...treat yourself.
2  Thank RodgerSlape

Dear RodgerSlape,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May. It is an honor for us to hear these great comments from a colleague. I shared your review with the rest of the team, especially with Furkan and the food&beverage team as there can be no bigger motivator than our guests' comments. I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and we ensured a memorable experience.

I hope we will be your host again during your future trips to Istanbul...

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was so happy and relaxed at this hotel I actually started spontaneously doing yoga one morning. I'm sure that is normal for the rest of you, but for lazy me, after nearly two months of travel, it is not. This place is just so great--so comfy, smells good, nice people, great food, pretty, pretty, pretty...Now, for me, the price is high. It's real high. For you always-doing yoga people, maybe not--but for me, it was--and it was worth it. I had a big tub, I had a nespresso machine, I got a room upgrade, I had access to a rooftop bar with amazing views--I had it all. Before I got to this hotel I had had some bad travel experiences and I was crying wanting to go home so bad, but after one night I was so sad to think of leaving Istanbul. So, yeah--this is the place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Erica D
FS_Istanbul, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Erica D,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May. Title of your post attracted my attention and I was even more curious to read further. It is a great pleasure to see that you had a lovely stay and you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you again for all your kind comments, and please be assured that I shared every word of it with my team as there can be no bigger motivator than our guests' comments.

We hope you come back and visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 days here earlier this month .Time was limited and the location proved to be a big bonus for visiting the old city , blue mosque etc . Friendly helpful staff good food in fact everything you would expect from a hotel of this type . Still don't understand the logic though of not supplying an ironing board at these upmarket hotels . Who these days wants to call room service to press a creased shirt or blouse ?
Being picky . Still enjoyed the place and would use again .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank BInck113

Dear NICKCHILD123,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May and for your kind comments about revisiting our property. As you have mentioned, the Hotel has a very significant location at the heart of the Old Town, just a few steps away from the cultural assets of Istanbul. It's a pleasure to read that you spent three enjoyable days with us.

With reference to your comment, I'm sorry to read about the inconvenience regarding the ironing board. Kindly note that we have ironing boards available at Housekeeping and our attendants will be happy to assist you upon your request. I appreciate the feedback and I will look into this issue.

We hope you come back and visit us again very soon...