“Fantastic location, wonderful staff, good value for money”
Review of Uyan Hotel

Uyan Hotel
Ranked #194 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I stayed here for four nights and really enjoyed my stay. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly – nothing was too much bother. I thought the breakfast buffet was good value for money and the free Internet access was much appreciated. The hotel is located slap bang in the middle of the main tourist district so it's easy to get your bearings. You can walk to all the main attractions – even down to the harbour area and the tram/buses to the Tunel district stop close to the hotel.

Overall I was really satisfied with the hotel and will stay there again – there is so much to do and see in this fabulous city that one weekend just isn’t enough!
However, I must mention the one slightly negative experience we had. We booked a “small” double room online and were surprised how cheap it was. Once I saw the room, I realised why! The room was TINY – approx. 12 sq m. After one night we decided to upgrade (we had to pay a little extra because the only room available was a deluxe double. The second room was fabulous - a king bed plus a single, massive bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. There was nothing wrong with the first room apart from the size and I’m sure a lot of people would have preferred to put up with that and spend the extra money on shopping or going out for dinner etc. But after one night I was already sick of stepping over my trolley to get to the loo – there was only room for one of our cases in the bedroom so mine was stashed in the bathroom!

Despite having to pay extra, the “huge” double was still terrific value for money! And I would definitely recommend this hotel – just be aware that if you book a (cheap) small double that it will be rather cosy!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 March 2011

Very impressed!
I stayed here for less then a week and I don’t think I could have found a better hotel. The place was very clean, relaxing and in a fantastic part of the city (around the corner from Aya Sofia and the Blus Mosque. 15 minutes walk, or two tram stops, from The Grand Bazaar). The prices were very resonable as well. Couldn’t recommend this place more. There are lots of different shops and resturants nearby too. It was very nice hearing the call to pray at different times of the day because of all the mosques nearby.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Hotel Uyan was our first stop in Turkey--which was my first trip abroad in quite some time. I was a bit nervous about dropping into this new culture, but Hotel Uyan was a wonderful introduction. We were picked up at the airport without a hitch after having made reservations online and from start to finish everyone was so friendly and helpful. We especially loved breakfast on the roof, looking out over the storied Istanbul skyline. If you're looking for a simple, clean, quiet hotel in the heart of Sultanahmet, look no further!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2011

A hotel very close to the big mosques in Istanbul. You meet a really friendly staff who is ready to help. On floor 4 you find the breakfast buffé with more to offer than expected for the hotel rating - free access to internet nearby. Upstairs the breakfastroom you have a terrace with an spectacular view of Hagia Sofia and The Blue Mosque.A frech looking bathroom and comfortable double beds, turkish carpets on the floor - and a wake up call from the minarets make you feel nearly like a sultan.
If you are going shopping you walk from the hotel in 10-15 minutes and the you are at the Grand Bazar.

. We really recommend the hotel!

Reviewed 27 February 2011

My partner and I decided to stay in Istanbul for 1 night coming back from Doha with Turkish Airlines. We really didn't want to spend much considering we were staying there for such a short time. Hotel Uyan accommodates perfectly those short stays. It was clean, the room was large and the bed comfortable. However, we were on the ground floor (room 103) and you could hear the entire world come 7am in the morning. The breakfast was decent and included in the price also. Service overall was average. The woman at reception was not so friendly, although the doorman was a darling.

I can't wait to go back to Istanbul but I won't be returning to Hotel Uyan I'm afraid. Lastly - it's by no way a 4 star. Better to say a 2+.

Reviewed 17 February 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend over Valentines this year. We paid around £40 a night so weren't expecting the world, and the deal included breakfast.....but were disappointed on arrival to be allocated a room approximately 3ft from the reception, 1ft from the office, and one that contained twin beds...great for Valentines. Not. Its room 101 by the way. It was fine inside, but being that close to people checking in, coming back, leaving in the morning was quite off-putting. Next day we asked to move, and luckily they were able to get us room 303 which was a double with a balcony, probably smaller than the last one but one that felt much more comfortable.

My experience was that the hotel was super clean, in an amazing location (you can walk anywhere from it), and has lots of character. At £40 a night, i think it represents amazing value and i'd happily stay there again. I'd recommend Turquoise Restaurant which is nearby too.

Reviewed 15 January 2011

We had a very enjoyable stay, the hotel is peaceful and attractively decorated and furnished as well as very well run with friendly helpful staff always willing to go the extra mile to help out.

Thoroughly recommended as a real bargain!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple