“Location, Location, Location ....and great staff”
Review of Uyan Hotel

Uyan Hotel
Ranked #190 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Hotel Uyan - At first glance we were a bit nervous after our Barcelona hotel and our room was a bit dark -- but large. The staff happily moved us to 307 which was a floor up and had 3 large windows. The room was quiet and it was easy to sleep till 9:00 am. From our roof top, we could practically touch the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia minarets. Four seasons Hotel was just steps away. Room was the biggest we'd stayed in since starting our trip. Bed was large too. Big enough for two women to sleep comfortably. Breakfast was included and plentiful. Overall ratings: Looks 3; staff 5, location 5 and price 4.

Room Tip: Ask for a bright room or corner room with balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 March 2011

We booked this hotel on spec from the UK and could not have made a better choice. The Manager and his staff are extremely attentive and helpful. The location is absolutely ideal for visiting all the highlights which Istanbul has to offer. It is also in an excellent place for restaurants etc, which the staff are able to recommend. The room is spacious and very clean, with an especially well appointed bathroom. The breakfast is also a highlight, plenty of choice and a good time span. There is also a roof terrace with spectacular views to the sea and the Blue Mosque. I can’t wait to return, and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I stayed here for four nights and really enjoyed my stay. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly – nothing was too much bother. I thought the breakfast buffet was good value for money and the free Internet access was much appreciated. The hotel is located slap bang in the middle of the main tourist district so it's easy to get your bearings. You can walk to all the main attractions – even down to the harbour area and the tram/buses to the Tunel district stop close to the hotel.

Overall I was really satisfied with the hotel and will stay there again – there is so much to do and see in this fabulous city that one weekend just isn’t enough!
However, I must mention the one slightly negative experience we had. We booked a “small” double room online and were surprised how cheap it was. Once I saw the room, I realised why! The room was TINY – approx. 12 sq m. After one night we decided to upgrade (we had to pay a little extra because the only room available was a deluxe double. The second room was fabulous - a king bed plus a single, massive bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. There was nothing wrong with the first room apart from the size and I’m sure a lot of people would have preferred to put up with that and spend the extra money on shopping or going out for dinner etc. But after one night I was already sick of stepping over my trolley to get to the loo – there was only room for one of our cases in the bedroom so mine was stashed in the bathroom!

Despite having to pay extra, the “huge” double was still terrific value for money! And I would definitely recommend this hotel – just be aware that if you book a (cheap) small double that it will be rather cosy!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Very impressed!
I stayed here for less then a week and I don’t think I could have found a better hotel. The place was very clean, relaxing and in a fantastic part of the city (around the corner from Aya Sofia and the Blus Mosque. 15 minutes walk, or two tram stops, from The Grand Bazaar). The prices were very resonable as well. Couldn’t recommend this place more. There are lots of different shops and resturants nearby too. It was very nice hearing the call to pray at different times of the day because of all the mosques nearby.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Hotel Uyan was our first stop in Turkey--which was my first trip abroad in quite some time. I was a bit nervous about dropping into this new culture, but Hotel Uyan was a wonderful introduction. We were picked up at the airport without a hitch after having made reservations online and from start to finish everyone was so friendly and helpful. We especially loved breakfast on the roof, looking out over the storied Istanbul skyline. If you're looking for a simple, clean, quiet hotel in the heart of Sultanahmet, look no further!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2011

A hotel very close to the big mosques in Istanbul. You meet a really friendly staff who is ready to help. On floor 4 you find the breakfast buffé with more to offer than expected for the hotel rating - free access to internet nearby. Upstairs the breakfastroom you have a terrace with an spectacular view of Hagia Sofia and The Blue Mosque.A frech looking bathroom and comfortable double beds, turkish carpets on the floor - and a wake up call from the minarets make you feel nearly like a sultan.
If you are going shopping you walk from the hotel in 10-15 minutes and the you are at the Grand Bazar.

. We really recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My partner and I decided to stay in Istanbul for 1 night coming back from Doha with Turkish Airlines. We really didn't want to spend much considering we were staying there for such a short time. Hotel Uyan accommodates perfectly those short stays. It was clean, the room was large and the bed comfortable. However, we were on the ground floor (room 103) and you could hear the entire world come 7am in the morning. The breakfast was decent and included in the price also. Service overall was average. The woman at reception was not so friendly, although the doorman was a darling.

I can't wait to go back to Istanbul but I won't be returning to Hotel Uyan I'm afraid. Lastly - it's by no way a 4 star. Better to say a 2+.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple