“Great hotel ”

Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel
Ranked #295 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
“Great hotel ”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I have to wait 12h for my connection flight from Thessaloniki to New York with turkish airlines so we got a free hotel service for the night.I was imressed from the services the staff was very friendly almost everyone spoked english so was easy to communicate.the prices was a little bit expensive but ok for a 5 star hotel what u wating?

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
DenizErcekin1, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Dimitris S,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

+90 212 411 38 38

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Booked the Radisson as in Istanbul for 3 nights on business and needed to be near the airport for an internal flight one day.

Arrived at airport and jumped in a cab, as not clear where shuttle ran from and when from the website, no issues though as only TL15 and 15 minutes.

Nice welcome from doorman / security and really friendly receptionist.

Room was nice size and very clean. Bed was massive and good quality bedding.

Had a couple of beers in the bar whilst watching football 2 nights, and bar staff were very professional and good service. Had a choice of bar menu or full restaurant menu and picked from full menu both nights. Really nice food too.

Breakfast was included in my room rate but only had it one morning as left hotel too early the other two days. Good selection, and just a shame I was out early otherwise would have used it more. Not hotel's fault I was on the road just after 5 am.

Only downside is the noise from planes flying directly overhead, but hey, it's an airport hotel.

Would definitely stay here again when next in Istanbul.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DenizErcekin1, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Huw C,

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed only for 3 nights nights in this hotel, as we were retuning from Cappadocia and had to wait 12 hours for our next flight to Shanghai. The hotel offers free shuttle (a very comfortable van) from airport to hotel (hotel - airport) which leaves every hour.

The staff is very kind and the rooms are super clean and spacious. The hotel is very modern and is an excellent choice if you want an airport hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank akiakola
DenizErcekin1, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear akiakola,

Darlington (uk)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is great for one or two nights when commuting but probably not great for longer stays. Firstly it is a long way from the centre of the city and the main sights.

In terms of customer service I had mixed experiences, when checking in it was excellent, I was waiting and a number of very rude people tried to push in front (I am noticing more and more that many people have no manners or respect for others – but that’s another issue) and the man at reception insisted on seeing me first as I had been waiting.

The hotel itself is quite smart in the lobby area and the rooms are pretty good I had quite a nice inward facing room. The bathroom was looking a bit tired and warn and the shower and taps were always a bit clunky. Indeed I had a problem with that one day when the shower and taps simply did not work and then eventually came on to spew out red and brown gunk all over the bath. I reported this to reception and I was told this was caused because of the bad whether (there had been some rain that day) and it would clear. It eventually did to be fair but I do wonder about the infrastructure and where the water is coming from if that’s what some drizzle can do! The plumbing had sounded creaky all week. Also part of the front entrance had also collapsed due to the weather again general rail nothing major.

The leisure facilities were by and large a real disappointment. Upon asking to use the pool the guy at the desk kept saying I needed to buy a swimming cap at 20 Lira. I said I did not need one he then took me all the way to the pool to tell me all people with hair needed them. I decided just to use the Jacuzzi instead. Now before anybody says this is good for hygiene reasons lets consider that in the pool area there are large amounts of paint dangling from the ceiling where they are peeling away and load of guys spitting in saunas with no one questioning them. I have no problems with rules and regulation but let’s get the priorities right.

As far as the changing rooms went they were run down and tatty and not what I expect of an apparent high end international chain. On checking out of the pool area the staff simply ignored me and did not so much say goodbye when I did, again why be so rude?

The restaurant is OK with a good selection of foods and I would certainly consider this as an option if you are OK with paying a little bit more. Breakfast is plentiful with a lot of choice.

Finally the other thing that made no sense here was the metal detector at the front of the hotel. Everyone was meant to go through this past the security guard. Every time I went through I triggered the alarm yet not once was I challenged. Don’t get me wrong I am not saying I want to be searched all the time – who does? – but if you have a security control there why is it not being used? To me it seems like security theatre in action. Let’s look secure without actually really doing anything!

Overall this place is OK but really needs to get a few fundamentals sorted out. I note Istanbul are bidding for the Olympics that being the case this place really needs to look at its overall approach to Quality!!!

2 Thank graemeboro
Dear graemeboro,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

I also would like to express my regrets because of the undesirable situations that you have experienced in our hotel during your accommodation. We, as Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, Istanbul are aiming to achieve the 100% Guest Satisfaction at every contact with our guests. Still, some unfortunate incident may occur occasionally.

We highly appreciate the feedbacks and you can be sure that we will use them as a tool to improve our service and operation.

It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer. Therefore, If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below.

Very Best Regards,

+90 212 411 38 38

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Torino
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very nice looking hotel and warm welcome, the room is ok wiht all servieces but the bathroom has a very poor illumination. The selection of dishes in the restaurant is not very wise, but the quality of food is excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Daniela S,

We highly appreciate the feedback and you can be sure that we will use them as a tool to improve our service and operation.

Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed for five nights in June 2014 on business. The hotel was conveniently located with friendly, efficient staff. My room was clean and quiet. The free Internet worked well. I will certainly use this Hotel again. Only the breakfast price was out of proportion at EUR 25 per person per day.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Raymond H,

Beirut
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I missed our connection in Istanbul, and were sent to spend the night at the Radisson Blu 10 mn from the airport , rooms are well appointed and amenities are perfect, the staff is very helpful . The hotel is starting to show its age, as the bathroom tiles are nearing their lifespan. I would stay in this hotel only on my way to a better one

Room Tip: Above the 3rd floor as there is a school next to the hotel