“Great roof views in Old Town and English speaking staff”
Review of Angel's Home Hotel

Angel's Home Hotel
Ranked #90 of 1,151 Hotels in Istanbul
Chicago, Illinois
“Great roof views in Old Town and English speaking staff”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights, our first trip to Turkey. We booked the room directly thru e-mail. Their cancellation policy was better than booking sites. We used credit card to book, but paid cash for a discount when we got there. The staff helped with local arrangements, pick up at our hotel for the Bosphorus Boat trip, shuttle to airport for our flight out of Istanbul. The roof garden served as the Breakfast spot with a huge array of food and beverages, included with our room. The room was charming and clean and the marble bathroom spotless. Free Wi Fi . The local evening neighborhood street scene is well lit and active until late, so you can wander and enjoy the sights every evening. Great convenient location,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
selamiduyar, Sahibi at Angel's Home Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2015
Our Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your review about Angel’s Home Hotel on tripadvisor. Please contact with us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. Hope to see you again. Have a good day and good life  Best Regards from Istanbul.
Selami DUYAR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent 5 nights at Angel's Home. The location is very close to the blue mosque and hagiasophia. We booked this hotel off of hotels.com ratings.

Positives; It is very close to the tram line. The terrace has a good view of the blue mosque. The included breakfast is delicious. The room is good sized, clean, and includes a safe.

NEGATIVES; we felt like the staff was judging us the whole time. When we would walk in, they would look at us awkwardly. We are an early 30s middle class couple from Denver. We travel internationally frequently. One morning I went running. I went to the breakfast, still wearing running clothes and the staff questioned my room number. Like I had snuck in wearing my fluorescent green shirt. Another seriously annoying thing- there is a "rule" that you cannot bring in outside food or drink to the hotel. I bought a few beers from the local market and when we went back to the hotel the staff looked at my bag. I could tell they wanted to say something. There is some verbage about them being able to confiscate food or drink. The wifi internet was VERY slow. I think we got the worst room. It was ground floor facing the alley. It was next to the stairs that everyone else had to use. The bathroom stunk the whole time. The staff asks that you pay in cash. Stating that there are a number of unknown charges if you use card. I paid them cash and they were unable to come up with change. The guy was trying to give me change in coins and couldn't come up with it. He told me that he would get the rest of the change before we checked out. When we checked out he still didn't have the change and the porter had to run to another hotel, The hotel said that if you were there 3 nights, one way transfer to the airport was included. This is only if you book through the hotel website. Not through expedia or another site. Otherwise they charge you 5 euro per person. We could've ridden the tram for half that. The next issue is that they charge 5 euro per bag if you ask for bag storage before you check in or after you check out. It is a 20+ walk to eminonu port. The area is very touristy and that drives prices up for food and other things. I am still very mixed about the hotel. It is very charming but poorly run.

10 Thank rugbyco
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel March 31-April 2. Our room was upstairs.
This room was a nice room facing the road.
Decoration of the room was very cute.
You can see the Blue Mosque from the terrace of this hotel !!
It was soo beautiful view.
Hotel staffs were very kind.
When the breakfast, I had a fun time with them.
When we checked out, the maid said goo-bye from our room.
It was like a movie scene.

Our trip was very short,but I want to stay here again.
Thank you very much!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yayoyi
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here on my own for two nights as part of a brief trip to Istanbul. Nice, clean rooms with true charm.
The best about it was the terrace and roof, with amazing views on the Blue Mosque and the historic district, especially in the early morning and at night. I was very fond of the terrace breakfast,a great way to start the day.
The staff is really friendly; I particularly appreciated Kaan who went out of his way to be helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank svanreusel
My name is Selami DUYAR, I am the Manager and Owner of the Angel’s Home Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.
Thank you very much for your kind words.
If we may ever be of assistance about Istanbul, please let us know. We hope to see you with us again.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had a wonderful 3 days at the Angel's House. Especially after we changed our room - see below.

Can't even begin to describe the roof top view, other than to say it is SPECTACULAR. Our upgraded room was lovely. Staff were fab, particularly Basir who had some great advice on what to see, where to eat, etc. Breakfast was a good selection, but not amazing. Good shuttle service back to the airport.

Room Tip: We got a not so good room booking through Expedia - definitely book direct with the Hotel as they ma...
1 Thank MelBradley2014

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It is a sweet home. Me and my boyfriend stayed here 3 nights. It was all good. Comfortable , clean room and bathroom. Staff were all good to us. Friendly. Roofterrace was super view. Breakfast was so good. We were very happy with this sweety home. Thank you Angels family.

Room Tip: Angel suite is best.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had an excellent experience in Angel’s Home Hotel. The location was superb; it’s located in Sultanahmet Area and is within a walking distance from many major touristic places. Breakfast is served on the roof with an amazing view of Blue Mosque, Haghia Sophia and Bosphorus. The staff of the hotel were very friendly and helpful, especially Kaan who helped us a lot and provided us with excellent recommendations. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Wifi is available in all areas and is free of charge. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family