The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$127
US$118
Regie Ottoman Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$244
US$174
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$840
TripAdvisor
1,416 results
All reviewsclub levelsoccer stadiumtaksim squarepartial viewdolmabahce palacefour seasonsoutdoor poolbosphorus viewlobby barluxurious hotelconcierge serviceturkeysteam roomturkish delightrooms are largefantastic hotelbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

For a short trip to Istanbul, i chose to stay at the Ritz Carlton as they are top of their range when it comes to hotels. The view from the hotel was amazing looking down at the Bosporus (when the stadium that is being built is done it will be even better). Room had a good size and was comfortable, the thing i loved the most was the bathroom. The mattress was a bit too soft for my taste, but the pillow compensated for a decent sleep. The breakfast was fantastic, and the staff made all the difference.
Unfortunately i felt that there was something missing from the Ritz Carlton standards that left me a bit disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveller_Muse
Yasemin2013, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Traveller_Muse,

Thank you for taking time to leave your review. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it will ultimately allow us to improve.
Thank you for commenting the rooms and the service. I’m truly sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations in full.

Genuine care and comfort remains our priority number one; we hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back and anticipate your needs from another perspective.

Kindest Regards,

Max Zanardi

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I'm a loyal guest of the Ritz-Carlton and the service exceeds my expectations consistently, but something was left to be desired from my stay here. Perhaps it was the clumsy layout of the lobby not yielding a cozy corner to read and sip my coffee in the early morning, or the daily problems getting my key card to work on the elevators forcing me to get off and switch elevators only to find other guests doing the same thing, or that it feels a little isolated but I didn't leave with the feeling that I'd like to stay here again on my next trip which has always been the case with other ritz Carlton establishments. It is a couple blocks from a major tram into old Istanbul which is great. There is also a double decker tour bus that is only a few blocks away as well. Please, keep in mind that this hotel is perched on a hill so there is a lot of uphill and downhill walking. It's also within walking distance from Taksim Square (good walking shoes) which was a pleasant surprise and there is a metro stop in that square as well. If you're looking to be right in the middle of things then this is probably not the hotel for you. If you are accustomed to cabbing it everywhere then you should be quite happy here. Oh, I will say that the fitness center and spa area is by far the best I've seen at any of their other hotels and I enjoyed them very much. As other reviewers mentioned, they are building a stadium across the street and apparently very hard workers as they worked through the entire Friday and Saturday night we were there. Didn't bother me so much but my husband is a very light sleeper so it did wake him many times throughout the night.

Room Tip: Ask not to face the stadium being built if you want quality sleep but you sacrifice a beautiful view of the city and strait.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spinto74
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The property is well located. The service is fabulous and the overall ambience and feel of the property is excellent. Taking care of guest needs is something that comes so naturally and universally to all in the property that one is left spellbound. Across any part of the hotel one has no reason to complain as the needs of the guest r well attended to. Bhosphorus view is stunning fm the breakfast area, lobby lounge and another lounge beside it. Most recommend this property.
Absolutely nothing to complain about. One feedback though is for guests who have prepaid their rooms , the preauthorisation is something they need to relook. I had prepaid for 3 nights and yet had to pre authorize through my card which I find unusual. But overall I would yet recommend the property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GANESHSNK
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We're here now in a club level Bosphorus view room. Pros: the room is nice, good view if you don't get close to the window because construction of soccer stadium is right there. The service is good, the bed is comfortable.
Cons: very over priced for the location. The club level is fine but the food in the club is just ok and you see the same soft vegetable sticks being served every open time. There is 24 hour construction noise outside our window and we can hear it from the twelfth floor. It is a long taxi ride to the major sites and the traffic is unlike anything you've ever experienced. Once you get to the old part of the city, getting back is difficult. The trick is to find a 4 or 5 star hotel and pretend you're staying there. Get the concierge to call a taxi for you because on the street it's next to impossible to get a cab to take you back to the Ritz. For some reason they don't want to travel there.
We really regret staying here and I'm sorry I didn't research it more thoroughly. You need to stay near the sites.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, you must have club level
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rissdan
ipek_ozbal, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Rissdan,

Thank you for commenting the service and the rooms. I’m truly sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations in full.
Please allow me a short note in the name of full transparency.
• In our 13 years we have recorded several time resistance from Taxi taken on the street to drive to “this side of Istanbul” as the traffic can be very intense on rush hour returning in the evening. Morning it is usually a 10 mins drive.
• Location, as per the previous point, we are the closest international 5 Star (~300meters) from the open air metro of Kabatas that stops in all historical sites of Sultanahmet. That always takes 10 minutes. New trains and very affordable.
• Location again: historical sites, in the Sultanahmet area certainly a must see, however the vibrant areas that surround the hotel, the Bosporus shores, are normal worth as much to our guests. Without even mentioning The Dolmabahce Palace, (the latest residence of the Sultans, that took over from the Topkapi Palace ~150 meters away. Taksim area ~400 meters, Nisantasi fashion district ~500 meters, Istanbul Modern Museum 400 meters away…and all the night life that Istanbul has become also famous for.

Dear Rissdan, again many thanks, we hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back and show you Istanbul from another light.

Kindest regards and travel safe!

Max Zanardi

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Istanbul April 22-26, 2014. It was a very nice hotel. It was clean, with the great service you come to expect when you see the name Ritz-Carlton. This hotel was chosen for us as we attended conference here. However, I would not hesitate to stay here again. The rooms were well-appointed, the bathrooms were GRAND, the pool area was nice for an indoor pool. The room service menu seemed a little limited, however, everything I ordered was really, really good. The breakfast buffet was great, with something for everyone. The concierge was extremely helpful in directing me to local sights and navigating public transportation. The only drawback to this hotel is that it is quite a ways from the airport and from "Old Istanbul" the downtown area. However, it is only a short walk from the upscale shops of Nisantishi.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a view of the Bosphorus. Amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business