“The place to stay in Istanbul”

The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul
Ranked #55 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spent three nights at this hotel in early July, unsure what to expect since some reviewers have complained of location. As a single woman traveler I was very comfortable, not only because of the hotel's very welcoming staff but also because this hotel is right by the campus of the Technical University, with women students walking about freely. It is an easy walk to Taksim Square and Istaklal and also down to the shore, where you can easily get a tram to the old city. So not far away but as you walk N from Taksim, you escape from the hustle and bustle -- I loved the location.

My room was very comfortable -- terrifically comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom, very clean. Spa is outstanding, with beautiful mosaic pool available all day. Staff welcoming in every department. Delicious breakfast buffet, and I also loved the lounge, with free internet access.

I hope to visit Istanbul again and I will certainly stay in the Ritz-Carlton.

Room Tip: Bosphorus view very nice, but even the park view rooms are attractive and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Max Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Amymone,

Thank you for your comments.

I greatly appreciate when I read your experiences about our hotel and Istanbul.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I only stayed for one night but was very pleased with the experience and would hope to visit again with more time available...." Very relaxing. Excellent view from the room. Consistent high standard compared with previous stays with the Marriott chain. Fantastic Service in all areas. All the staff were amazing, no exception!,.. especially want to highlight – Necati, Mert, Furcan.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Nat 999,

Thank you for your kind feedback and I will absolutely share your comments with Necati, Mert and Furkan.

We look forward to hosting you in your next trip to Istanbul,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Ritz Carlton, Istanbul in July 2014 after getting off a 2 week cruise. We arrived at the hotel after being caught in a terrible rain storm. We arrived early around 11:00am even though check in wasn't until 3:00 pm. We were greeted by very friendly staff would could not seem to do enough for us. They found us a room ad we checked in early. They even offered us coffee and to sit and make ourselves comfortable until they did a last minute inspection on the room. The room was very nice and had a view of the pool area and a slight view of the Bosphorus. The hotel was centrally located and near most attractions although we did have to take cabs all around. The pool space on the 2nd floor was beautiful with nice views and club spa atmosphere. The restaurant in the hotel was good. All in all a very pleasant stay. The only glitch was that our key card for the elevator never seemed to work and we always needed someone to help us. Which of course was not really a problem they were happy to assist us and even rode with us up in the elevator. Great staff and great hotel.

Room Tip: I always like a high floor for the views.
1  Thank LCIC123

Dear LCIC 123,

Thank you for your kind comments and appreciation of our staff members. After receiving your review, we took care of key card procedures.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Let me say I attended a meeting in June with my travel company. This hotel did everything they could to make us feel welcome. rooms very nice and comfortable! food was great! club level is definitely a plus! I am in the travel industry and i would definitely send clients here.

One thing i would say is they are building a colisseum next door and so the view was not so great!

but over all this was great stay. it is not right in the hustle and bustle of the city which i liked!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I had just finished a wonderful cruise and had decided to complete our holiday with two days in Istanbul.
While this would not be my favourite city we cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.
We have stayed on club floors in most well known hotel chains from Australia, North America,Europe and Asia and this was in our opinion the best.
We had never stayed in a Ritz Carlton before and were pleasantly surprised by the service.
We were greeted on arrival and were taken at once to the club level where the check in was completed in a matter of minutes and we were shown to our most beautiful and spacious room.
We had read about some noise during the construction of an arena next door and had decided on a park view room which was very quiet and on the same level as the club lounge.
The staff at the hotel were amazing and everything had a personal touch.
The club lounge was excellent where food and beverages (including alcohol) were available throughout the day.
I will certainly choose Ritz carlton again.

Room Tip: High park rooms are quiet. We were on the 12th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Max Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Robert Y,

It is a great pleasure to read your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Club Lounge and are very much looking forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Very secure hotel sitting on a hill overlooking the Bosphorus Strait. We were immediately welcomed upon our arrival. The hotel has security at the entrance of the hotel, as well as at the front door into the hotel. Our check-in was quick, thankfully, as we had just had a long travel day. Our room had a great view of the bridge over the Bosphorus Strait connecting European side of Istanbul (new town) to the Asian side of Istanbul. Concierge was great and booked us an incredible, private guide for an 8 hour tour of the old town. The buffet at the lobby restaurant was good and plentiful

1  Thank DayDreamer13
Max Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Day Dreamer13,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments and I will let my Concierge Team know that you had appreciated about the tour guide.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our first trip to Istanbul, so we wanted a hotel brand we were familiar with and could trust. We could not have been more pleased. The hotel is safe and secure with guards out front checking cars, lobby security and detailed attentiveness by staff. The hotel staff were the most cheerful, kind, helpful and accommodating individuals I've ever experienced in a hotel before. United Airlines lost our luggage, and the staff took it upon themselves to provide us with everything we needed to ensure we were comfortable, hassle the airline, have our bags delivered and even surprised me when we came back one day to tell me "I had a surprise in my room." ...once my bag finally arrived. The spa and fitness rooms were RIDICULOUS. We enjoyed working out, the steam rooms and indoor GORGEOUS pool. The rooftop pool, jacuzzis and bar was a blast. The staff made sure drinks were full, and even fluffed a towel behind my neck when they saw me closing my eyes. I didn't want to leave. The breakfast was amazing and unique with foods we haven't tried before. The bar at night had a DJ that set a fun mood, and it wasn't really packed, so a nice place to relax for a nightcap after night on the town. Absolute dream! Thank you so much!!!

Dear Rebecca S,

Thank you for your kind comments and detailed description of your experience with us. I am happy to see that all team members have incorporated our values to ensure a memorable stay.

We look forward to having you back!