I stayed at the Barceló Erisin Topkapi for 4 nights in April 2013, along with 2 friends from work. We each had our own room and all the rooms met expectations. This is an older 5-star hotel located just inside the far reaches of the old city wall that once surrounded Istanbul. As other travelers have said, there is a tram line right outside the hotel and it takes you to all the main tourist attractions in the old part of the city within minutes, and very cheaply. You can buy tickets at the small kiosk that sells water, chocolate bars, etc. directly across from the hotel (on the other side of the street). If you are staying for a few days it may be worth it to invest in a pass which is transferable and which gives you a better rate on individual fares. Getting back to the hotel, I liked this place a lot. I got a great deal for us on the internet so the room rates were reasonable, but of course it is a 5-star so everything else was expensive. Very expensive. But that said, the breakfast was excellent, the service was great, the front desk staff were tremendously helpful, and it was a pleasure just to sit in the lobby and look out at the street. The pool, hot tub, and sauna facilities were a welcome treat and the exercise room seemed well equipped. My room was spacious, bright, comfortable, with a good bed and a flat screen TV. There seemed to be only one adult channel in English that was not about news, so that was a little disappointing - some HBO would have been appreciated. The bathroom was a bit dated but fine. We were all on the top floor and had balconies. The only real complaint was that there was no temperature control. The hotel had the heat turned on and my room was pretty warm. I dealt with that by turning off the ventilation system and leaving the balcony door open day and night. It seemed pretty safe to do so. We used the hotel tour service and frankly, I would suggest finding an alternative as the tours we did (the old city walking tour and the boat tour on the Bosphorus) got us to all the sites advertised but the guides spoke limited English and were really not tour guides in that they had little knowledge to share about what we were seeing. These tours were a bit pricey too. If not for a friend of one of the people in our little group, we would have missed seeing two of the highlights of our stay in Istanbul: the Galata Tower with the nearby amazing Istiklal walking street and the ancient vast and beautiful underground Roman cistern system - the latter is really a must see and one could easily by-pass the small building that is the entrance. All in all though, I would strongly recommend this hotel if you can get a good rate. It was a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this elegant hotel located in the old part of Istanbul. The Barceló Eresin Topkapi***** hotel is situated in the Old Town, in Istanbul's European quarter. Thehistoric centre, the Gran Baazar and the Sütlüce conference centre are only 10 min by tram which stops right in front of the hotel. This hotel in the Barceló Premium category boasts spacious, light-filled rooms, a fantastic health and wellness centre (1,000 m²): the U-Spa, a conference centre with 12 meeting rooms and free Wi-Fi connection in all the rooms and common areas. There is also a fabulous culinary offer with themed menus in the Picasso Restaurant. The hotel also boasts its own Hammam (Turkish bath) to help you discover the traditions of this fascinating country. Enjoy the distinction and beauty of this marvellous hotel which makes every guest feel special, because your comfort is so important to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Eresin Hotels Topkapi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Eresin Topkapi Hotel Istanbul
- Barcelo Hotel Istanbul
- Barcelo Hotel Eresin Topkapi