I would give them 3 stars, losing two stars to the location, to the moody attitude of the staff, and to the horrible elevators, if it wasn't for a seriously awful experience I had with Barcelo Topkapi. But I am giving them only one star, as this has been the worst hotel experience in my entire life (I am a frequent traveler and I have stayed in at least 250 hotels)
In August of 2013, I with eleven other family and extended family members pick Istanbul as the location for our family reunion. We flew from three different countries to Turkey to have a great time there together. Barcelo Eresin Topkapi managed to almost ruin our entire visit! I will write down my experience in another review. Just be aware Barcelo, the company as a whole, is all about their revenue and monetary profit! They could not care less about their client's satisfaction or the level of customer service they provide.
I will avoid staying at Barcelo hotels at any cost!
Regardless of my awful experience this is my honest opinion about Barcelo Eresin Topkapi:
- Rooms are of good size and are clean
- Nice swimming pool, steam rooms, sauna and Turkish bath complimentary use for the hotel guests
- The manager of the hotel and his condescending attitude
- Elevator: This is a large building with several floors and so many rooms, there are only three very slow elevators. For most of the time at least one of the elevators was out of order. We had to wait a good ten minutes each time we wanted to use the elevators
- Location: If you are not very familiar with Istanbul, beware that to get to the touristy areas and monuments you have 20-40 minutes train ride from the hotel, although the train stop is right in front of the hotel, the trains are ALWAYS jam packed and the ride on those trains are not very pleasant! You may want to try using the trains once just for the experience but you will need to get cabs from the hotel to places you want to visit! This hotel is not in walking distance to anywhere you want to see
- Area: There is no decent restaurants or shops around this hotel. You will need to walk for 25 minutes or so to reach the first restaurant with good food
- Food at the hotel: Extremely expensive! I got two local beer bottles and one water bottle from the hotel bar and ended up paying $25! They charged us $6 for every regular size can of soda that we had from the mini bar. Breakfast also is very expensive something like $35 per person for a not-so-amazing breakfast buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this elegant hotel located in the old part of Istanbul. The Barceló Eresin Topkapi***** hotel is situated in the Old Town, in Istanbul's European quarter. Thehistoric centre, the Gran Baazar and the Sütlüce conference centre are only 10 min by tram which stops right in front of the hotel. This hotel in the Barceló Premium category boasts spacious, light-filled rooms, a fantastic health and wellness centre (1,000 m²): the U-Spa, a conference centre with 12 meeting rooms and free Wi-Fi connection in all the rooms and common areas. There is also a fabulous culinary offer with themed menus in the Picasso Restaurant. The hotel also boasts its own Hammam (Turkish bath) to help you discover the traditions of this fascinating country. Enjoy the distinction and beauty of this marvellous hotel which makes every guest feel special, because your comfort is so important to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Eresin Hotels Topkapi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Eresin Topkapi Hotel Istanbul
- Barcelo Hotel Istanbul
- Barcelo Hotel Eresin Topkapi