Eresin Hotels Topkapi
US$117
US$113
Movenpick.com
  • Pool
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$191
US$169
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$62
Travelocity
1,425 results
All reviewstram stopswimming poolfive star hotelenjoyable staystayed for nightsexcellent hotelpublic transportspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed at the Barcelo Eresin for 5 nights. We were upgraded to a premium room on arrival. The room was excellent, modern, spacious and very clean with wifi, large TV and Tea/Coffee making facilities.
Staff were very helpful especially the concierge on the evening of our arrival. He was very helpful in telling us how to use the trams, where to get off etc extremely knowledgeable on the area. Also thanks to Vuslat the corordinator who took an interest in her guests. The barman in the lounge bar who also was very good with the guests, in fact thanks to everyone.
We found the location very good as it was not in the city centre but still only 10 mins away by tram. We did all the tourist sights, Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, Eminou, Spce Bazar, Grand Bazar etc all by tram with no problems, they do get a bit crowded in rush hour but that is to be expected in a city that size.
We will be returning to Istanbul early in 2015 and shall again stay at the Barcelo Eresin

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

So... got this via lastminute.com (which I don't recommend anyone to use anyways). First issue was google map somehow picked another location with a similar name 20 min away so I got a bit lost. Word of advise (thats if you are really staying in this hotel), type out the actual address rather than google map the hotel name.

In general everything is OK, it is not the newest hotel nor the grandest rooms. It is comfortable and relatively clean. The price is ok as well... Services aren't great (can never reach the reception or concierge or anyone for that matter from your room).

also, it was rather mis leading re "free" spa, their definition of a spa is actually the gym. so yes if you expect a spa session, you not going to get one but the access to the gym is "complementary" (which to me should not really be a selling point).

the GYM is not bad, and the pool. can do lapse if you really want to.

finally - frankly I dont think this is a 5 star hotel, but it says it is.

location - ok? can get on T1 and go to most attractions, so thats not bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room and don't go for rooms with room number after 40 (e.g. dont go for 540 and beyond) they are close to a hidden club and play large music and disturb your sleep...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We would like to say special thank to Public Relation Coordinator Vuslat Aslan. She is so professional, attentive. She pay attention to all of your requests quickly and deeply. Then we can feel that you are special guest of the Hotel. This gave us the great enjoy of this Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Barceló Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Barcelo is a nice hotel, fairly close to airport (~30 minutes) with convenient access to tram stop and hence to the centre of Istanbul. The rooms are comfortable; Wi-fi is free and reasonably fast and coffee making facilities and bathroom make the room very good. However, in terms of furnishing and decoration it is barely 4 star , the aircon didn't function during our stay; - the friendleness of staff make up for some of the shortcomings.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back and away from main road which can be noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I would like by starting with the positives. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and professional from the start. The gentleman who greeted me at my taxi was every so kind, and was happy to help with my bags and help me check in. All throughout my 2 day stay I can say that I was happy with every aspect of the service. The location is good as it is a reasonably quick taxi ride from the airport, and if you do want to get into the more historic side of town there is a really cheap and quick tram stop right outside the front of the hotel.
Now, on to the areas that could do with improvement, which for a business traveller such as myself are paramount to a successful trip. The WiFi, though it is free is virtually useless. It took over 15 minutes to send a simple 1 MB email which is a nightmare when you need to be in regular contact with colleagues and customers. The rooms though reasonably large were rather dated in their décor, and I am glad that it was not too hot as the air-conditioning in the room was next to useless. It did have the facility to increase the power, but this merely seemed to act as a volume control rather than actually lowering the temperature of the room. Also, my room was apparently designated a "Non Smoking" room, but this had obviously been ignored by the previous occupant as the room smelt of stale smoke.
It is a shame that there were these issues, because I really did want to enjoy my stay a lot more than I sadly did.
But, I must say that I cannot comment on the spa or the rest of the facilities on-site, which I did hear from other guests were great. I was too busy trying to fruitlessly send emails.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business