Words can not express my splendid trip to Istanbul on my birthday and thanks to Barcelo eresin topkapi I had the best trip ever. Before going to istanbul I did so many research about the area and its hotels. I end up choosing Barcelo and I did the perfect choice. I would like to express a special thanks to Mr Juan Miralles, the operation manager, who once I checked-in I was sent a nice chocolate cake as a gift for my birthday, that was a very nice gesture to start my vacation with. Most of the reception desk team are very friendly and yes they do speak descent english, you just have to be patient as they will do their best to listen to your request, respond back and accomodate you. remember you're not in the U.S so when people speak to you in english that's a plus. I did call many times for extra blankets and keys and they were delivered in no time. the hotel is more likely a 4 star to the US standards. Yet, the ameneties are just amazing, they have indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steaming room and Turkish Hammam, what else can you ask for. some people were complaining the hotel si too far. my answer is if you want to be in taksim or beyoglu area then good luck with that. first those areas are way too noisy, second most of taksim hotels dont have half of the amenities that barcelo has, if yes they charge you triple what barcelo does. Barcelo is located at topkapi area, very safe and quiet, 2 minutes away from the tramway...I dont think I ever spent more that 5 minutes wait time and it cost a 1.50 lira which is about a dollar, it will take you to sultanahmet 10 min taksim 20 min and it is a lovely ride as you get to see the whole city and experience it with locals. There is also a supemarket 2 minutes away where you can get water and juices cheap. just make sure you buy a swimming cap in advance as you will need that for the swimming pool. again thanks Mr Juan Mirales and the whole barcelo team for making my trip a memorable one and I will definitely book Barcelo again on my next trip to Istanbul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this elegant hotel located in the old part of Istanbul. The Barceló Eresin Topkapi***** hotel is situated in the Old Town, in Istanbul's European quarter. Thehistoric centre, the Gran Baazar and the Sütlüce conference centre are only 10 min by tram which stops right in front of the hotel. This hotel in the Barceló Premium category boasts spacious, light-filled rooms, a fantastic health and wellness centre (1,000 m²): the U-Spa, a conference centre with 12 meeting rooms and free Wi-Fi connection in all the rooms and common areas. There is also a fabulous culinary offer with themed menus in the Picasso Restaurant. The hotel also boasts its own Hammam (Turkish bath) to help you discover the traditions of this fascinating country. Enjoy the distinction and beauty of this marvellous hotel which makes every guest feel special, because your comfort is so important to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Eresin Hotels Topkapi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Eresin Topkapi Hotel Istanbul
- Barcelo Hotel Istanbul
- Barcelo Hotel Eresin Topkapi