Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel
Hotel Sureyya(Istanbul)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold citygrand bazaarbreakfast buffettram and metroexcellent locationreception staffnice roomsteam roomguest relationsbeautiful hotelcentral locationturkeystandard roomspecial thanksenjoyed my stayhagia sophiablue mosque
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was my second stay here. Easy to reach from the airport on the metro / tram (not recommended if you have lots of bags, there's one change at Zeytinburnu and a fair hike from arrivals to the platform) - Laleli/Universite is the stop, 300 yards from the hotel.
Easy check-in, nice room (though I had to move the laptop away from the workstation to get a better wireless connection). Staff were very pleasant and helpful - the concierge set me up a very good day trip to Gallipoli with RSL Tours, who were excellent.
Breakfast in the exec lounge was good, and there is a good hammam / sauna etc, as well. Hammam / massage was decent value - not cheap but very relaxing and professional.
There was also a very lovely harpist playing in the foyer most evenings, which made for a relaxing tea and pastry!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David P
GM_WyndhamOldCity, Genel Müdür at Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear Mr.David P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel.

My team and I are very happy you enjoyed our hotel and had a great nice experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm Regards

Duygu Sönmez
Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here with my wife Asmaa for 5 nights from the 20th April. It is a reasonable 4 star hotel.
We went for the club room but would not pay the extra again as not much for the extra money.
The free coffee , small sandwiches and pastries in the club room are excellent but they are time limited which is not apparent on the website so it is of limited value for the upgrade.
The hotel seems to shut off your air con in the middle of the night remotely which is a pain when you wake up feeling way to warm … complain and it does not happen
Room service was poor … forgot lots of the order, salt and cutlery … Plates for the food cold so the food is cold. Complained and it improved.
Street noise is an issue but you are in the middle of the city.
The F & B manager and his deputy tried very hard and succeeded in making up for the room service complaint.
Breakfast is a bit disappointing … hot food is a bit on the cold side and warm plates are not very warm …. Biggest issue is a lack of staff to clear and clean tables and in turn to find a clean one to use
Dinner was ok but my wife ordered rack of lamb but it was mutton (sheep) … large bone in the rack the give away!

The best bit is the location ….

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ray L
Sevda K, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Ray L,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

Your comments are very important for us to even further upgrade and improve our services. Thus, we appreciate your positive comments, as well as your constructive feedback which we have already started to take actions while you were here with us.

We do hope to have a chance to welcome you again at our property with higher quality and better services if your trips will bring you back to Istanbul!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I sent two nights at this hotel in April following a trip through eastern Europe. It was the most disappointing hotel of my travels. Not 5 star quality. The lobby was difficult to access from the street withmany steps, the room adequate size but the bathroom tiny with cheap amenities. Breakfast at the buffet was a fight, poor food and coffee service almost non-existent. I requested a wake up call and it wasn't received!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room away from the busy street and mosque
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Linda B

Dear Linda B,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave a feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It is unfortunate we did not meet your expectations, and prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. But, we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

I hope we would have a chance to serve you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My first visit to Istanbul was wonderful and the location of this hotel made it easy!
We were upgraded to a suite which was lovely. Separate sitting area with desk. Two bathrooms and comfortable beds.
Breakfast was included for members. It was a small room, but enough space for the Crowne Royal Gold members.
I took a day tour from the hotel. They offer quite a few. You should choose the one you want. I took the advice of the tour booking agent in the hotel, and was disappoints with our guide. Wished I'd gone with Grayline instead. I think a larger tour group has more experience. And I did not like the carpet sales push at the end.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GM-GR_WyndhamOldCity, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave a review about your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

It is so great to know that you had a good time during your stay with us. All our efforts to make our guests have a wonderful time during their visits. And hearing that we could be a part of your good memories rallies the troops and helps us set new goals to provide better services for our valuable guests. Additionally, I will be sharing your comments with the room service gladly.

Once more, thank you very much for your recent stay with us and it will be our honour to welcome and serve you at Wyndham Istanbul Old City if your travels bring you back to Istanbul!

Best Regards,

Sevda KILIC
Wyndham Istanbul Old Cİty

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights in the Crowne Plaza. Although we liked its location in the old city, we were in a room on the front corner--right over a busy junction and immediately opposite the mosque, so wake up was 0530. The room size was much less than we expected for a 5 star hotel--but at least the air conditioning worked. (We used it to drown out the street noise.) Breakfast was a bit of a scrum, especially as the dining area is in 2 parts, with hungry diners meeting in the passageway. The swimming pool was okay, but again, not 5 star quality. Prices for massage, etc. were way above those we paid at other spa hotels in Turkey, so we gave it a miss. The interior of the hotel is very attractive, but then, that's not what you really need from a hotel. Staff were helpful. I might have rated the hotel higher had we been in a quieter room--I do like my sleep!

Room Tip: Unless you want to be serenaded by car horns and awakened at 0530 by the muezzin across the road, do NOT get a room on the front of this hotel. We stayed 2 nights and found the traffic noise didn't abate until late evening.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-GR_WyndhamOldCity, Guest Relations Executive at Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2015

Dear Jack L,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your recent stay and sharing your feedback.

We are appreciated both your positive and negative reviews as they are really important for us to improve our services. It is unfortunate we did not meet your preferences, and prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. But, we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

I hope we would have a chance to serve you again. So that we can show you how great our hotel is and make you remember us with better feelings.

Kind Regards,