“New owners, great people,”

Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel
Ranked #138 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I made my reservation via Crowne Plaza. They are now a Wyndham. They honored my reservation. From the moment we arrived until departure, a great experience. The Reception crew was superb. From doorman to housekeeping, everyone smiled and made us feel welcome. We went on four day tour and came back -- they welcomed us by name and gave us the same nice room.

Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelerLittleTownSc
GM-GR_WyndhamOldCity, General Manager at Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Wyndham Istanbul Old City.

There is no such a nice feeling that hearing you had a notable experience with us, as well as we could do our best for giving a satisfied service during your stay with us. Your comments increased our motivation positively and we are confident of providing much better facilities and services for our valued guest so it has been.

We look forward to welcome you soon again!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel in February of this year. We were "upgraded" to a larger room, on the rear of the building away from the road.
The staff were very friendly and courteous at all times and the room was spotless.
Very convenient for the tram into town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the building
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mfmorgan

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and leaving such a nice feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to know that we could provide you a memorable stay with us and you enjoyed every moment with us in Istanbul. We do hope to welcome you back to the Wyndham Istanbul Old City again!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The place is centrally located amongst all the sites of interest. The service of the hotel is excellent. The staff are courteous and extremely friendly. Bora from the reception is an excellent resource. Am revisiting this place on 17th June for my final part of the journey and expect the same from their team. ... along with the same rooms. .. my kids loved every minute in them.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank YusuF P

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your visit and having the time to leave a feedback.

We are glad to hear that you like our hotel, location, facilities and our team. It is our pleasure to welcome and serve you at our property and we do hope to welcome you soon again!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I will make it very short. We booked a king size bed room. We changed the room 4 (FOUR) times until we got a room with a king size bed. The reception staff, the bellboys were lying in our face several times. I'm sure about that because of stuff like that:

- Reception tells me we have a king size bed (the bed was 140cm so definitely not a king). Asking the manager he tells us that we are staying in a room with a french bed. In front of the same guy that just told us that this was a king size bed and that all rooms have the same bed size. Embarrassing!
- Reception sends the bellboy to show us a new room:
Bellboy: This is a corner suite.
Me: I don't see a separate living room
Bellboy: It's almost a suite.
Me: This is not a suite
Bellboy: It's not really a suite.
Me: We were told to be upgraded to an executive room.
Bellboy: This is like an executive room.
Me: So is it an executive room or not?
Bellboy: Not really.
Me: Why is there an ashtray? We have a baby.
Bellboy: This is a smokers room. (we booked non-smoker)
Me: I'm tired of these lies.
Bellboy: Yes you are right.
--> UNBELIEVABLE and that's how almost every conversation went.

Only after we finally spoke to the General Manager he arranged within 30mins a room with a king size bed (200cm). He didn't apologize for his staff. My opinion: The fish rots from the head down - the management doesn't have things under control here.

On SUNDAY 10:30pm a company started to install the new Wyndham logos outside the hotel which lasted until 1am including super loud drilling and hammering. The reception said: There's nothing we can do since the technician says he has to finish this today. I told him that this is rubbish since they were requested by the hotel to do this. We were offered a 5th (!) room change which I refused. Because of these not very smart people our baby couldn't sleep until 1am.

Another interesting one: We booked our stay without breakfast. At checkin I asked and they said it is included. Later I ask the bellboy he tells me that I shouldn't worry they never ask in the breakfast room if you have booked breakfast or not. Revenue Management seems to be on vacation there! I don't want to know how much money they loose because of this (regular breakfast is 19 EUR/person).

To summarize this: This is not a 5* hotel. 3* would suit this place well. Especially since you have many stairs from the entrance until the reception and nobody bothers to help you with luggage and stroller. They just watch you or disappear.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank das_ubersoldat
Sevda K, General Manager at Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Das_ubersoldat,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to give us feedback on Tripadvisor.com. Since I had the chance to talk to you in person, I had deeply investigated the cause of your dissatisfaction during and after your stay. Once more, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience we caused you and your dear family.

Sincerely, as a team we strive for the comfort of our guests and I believe we are good at it. I am deeply sorry for not being able to provide you the Wyndham service that exceeds our guests' expectations.

Yours sincerely.

Fahri Eren
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We are family, two adults, one child, and infant, we booked club room.
In the beginning i was interested to have room in this hotel, i paid extra money for that. I checked in early morning coz my flight arrived @ morning.
Bad things as following from my point of view:
A- internet is not free in the rooms, you have to pay a package to have net in your room, i thought that since i have a club room, i should have free wifi.
B- if you have a baby trolley or wheelchair, this is a disaster for you, you will have to carry it by yourself or by other, there is no way or access for baby trolley or handicapped.
C-the club lounge room open allday and you can access to it by you card but the service is limit on specific time, from 4 p.m to six p.m is tea party, from six to eight happy hour. I think and what i have been read about this romm is that it opens the whole day with full service, but in this hotel it is different.
Good things
A- the room is big enough for my family.
B- the breakfast is wonderful
C- the staff is friendly and specially the reception ciz i went to them to explain my point of view about the bad things, they were listening to me and try to solve problems, one of the reception staff i think his name is Sokran, do good things with me and i woul like to thank him.

At the end, I think they should work hard to satisfy thier gusts and also i think te one who reserved a hiigh rank of rooms and bay much money, he should have sth special.
By the way, the hotel now is no longer Crown Plaza any more. One company bought it and the changed its name. I forget thier new name.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GM_WyndhamOldCity, Genel Müdür at Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear Mr.Shammaryk2,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review of Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel.

Your review is so special to us as it truly touches upon our service philosophy and culture which you felt and articulated so well. On behalf of everyone in the team, my deepest thanks for your generosity and recognition, we are grateful.

Very much looking forward to seeing you again in Istanbul.

All the best,

Duygu Sönmez
Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hotel consists of four old building connected to each other by glass archs. Nice foyer, delicious meals, good staff. Rooms are not big but quiet comfortable. As far as my observation, big tourist groups prefer to stay at this hotel. Hotel is located close to the historical peninsula of İstanbul (Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapı Palace, Basilica Sistern, Archeological Museum). Very close to the tram stop. There are many textile shops at the neighbourhood of the hotel, it is possible to buy clothes, bags, shoes... as wholesail and/or retail. (Do not forget to bargain.)

Room Tip: The rooms which are looking to the back streets are quite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sevda K, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Istanbul Old City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Seldjan,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review on this website regarding your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is essential for us to check how we are doing to achieve complete guest satisfaction and I am also sure that our future guest will make use of your helpful tips.

We look forward to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed last month at this hotel for a 5 night break.The public areas are very smart and service good throughout our stay.Previously a Crowne Plaza hotel it has recently changed to Wyndham.Had dinner one night in restaurant which was very good and had coffee and cake in the cafe patisserie on other occoisions.Breakfast is full hot and cold buffet with everything you would expect.Spa area and pool are very well appointed.Our room was very comfortable.Tram stop is just across the main road so good linksto all transport systems.All in all would reccomend for a city stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Matthirst,

Thank you very much for having your time to share your reviews regarding your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us entirely. Also, let me express our gratitude regarding your comments about our restaurant, cafe and open buffet breakfast. There is no such a happiness for us to hear that you liked everything you tasted during your stay with us.

We do hope to service you at our property soon again.

Kindest Regards,