My fiancee' and I chose 5 nights at the Acropol for it's location and the beautiful pictures of the rooms on the website. What a mistake!!! When we arrived in Istanbul, the car that I ordered and reconfirmed with the hotel the day before did not show up at the airport so we just hopped a taxi after waiting for 30 minutes. Our room #503 was nothing like any of the pictures in fact, it was insulting to see a video playing in the restaurant showing nice rooms when ours was such a dump! The room being on the top floor did have a great view of the Blue Mosque which was it's only redeeming quality. The 2 dirty and disgusting turkish carpets made it mandatory to use the provided slippers when walking around without shoes. The 6'6" cielings made you feel like you were in an attic and not a "Junior Suite". Everything in the room was old except the flat screen TV which was in the worst possible location in the room and not viewable from the bed or the chairs. When leaving the room in the morning or arriving late in the evening, you could hear the person in the next room snoring or talking like there wasn't even a door on the room. The bathroom was ridiculously small (even by Historic District standards) with a jacuzzi bathtub that was so elevated, you really needed a step stool to get in safely (there wasn't one). The bathtub was completely surrounded by mold in the caulking and was totally disgusting. The bathroom amenities were what you would expect for a $49.00 night room, not what one would expect for $370.00 per night and they were not replaced when needed! There was no turn down service or other amenities such as chocolate or turkish candy that was offered in the other Istanbul Hotel we stayed at. Having lost a shoe, I looked under the bed to find 1/2 inch of dust (no exaggeration) which explained why I woke up with stuffed up sinuses. The staff were pleasant but definitely nothing special. It was not unusual to see the same people who worked breakfast at 7:30 am working at 10:30 pm. and looking tired and haggard by day's end. As for the food, the restaurant was adequate but nothing special and the "complimentary breakfast" was average at best with a few nice pastries, crepes and cakes. In summary, the location is fantastic but there are literally hundreds of hotels within 3 blocks so you can do much better than this. We also stayed at the Seraglio for 2 nights which is just a block away and had a beautiful room, better breakfast and friendlier staff for 1/3 the price!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully renovated historical mansion, this luxury hotel comprises a total of 22 Suites spread over 5 floors and located in the centre of Sultanahmet facing the Marmara Sea, Hagia Sophia, and Blue Mosque. 24-hour reception desk, concierge,currency exchange facility, laundry services and lift. There is also an air-conditioned a la carte restaurant, conference room. Complimentary Internet access (WLAN) as well as Health Club, Fitness Center, Turkish Hamam, Steam Room, Sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Acropol Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Premier Acropol Suites And Spa
- Best Western Istanbul
- Istanbul Best Western