“Great Location, Great Staff, Great Price”

GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa
Ranked #48 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Istanbul is a very historic city filled with mosques and museums. The Acropol Suites is in the middle of it all. This cozy hotel is within walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and the Topkapi Palace.The Breakfast is a great all-you can eat blend of English and Turkish food. I brought with me 9 family members and this hotel was extremely accommodating to all of them. The staff were some of the nicest people I've seen working a hotel, and would always try to accommodate us. We were there when the world cup was taking place, and it was great to sit outside eating at their cafe and watch the streets of Istanbul react to the games. This hotel is a much better deal than the Four Seasons, which way more expensive and in a much worse location. Defiantly stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cooper N
There are newer reviews for GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The setting of this hotel is just perfect. It is within walking distance of so many of the tourist attractions. The staff went the extra mile and made us feel at home. There are a lot of great restaurants in the area. We loved sitting outside (in the morning at breakfast or early in the evening) just enjoying the spirit of Istanbul. We preferred the corner room overlooking the street with restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We have travelled quite a bit with tours and on our own and this is one of the best hotel stays we have experienced. Very friendly front desk staff (Ahmet and Can), extremely comfortable and clean rooms. 402 had lovely view off balcony toward Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. Breakfast was included and very plentiful with a good cappuccino machine. Highlight though was "Sultan's Massage" for my husband and myself in their beautiful spa.
Within walking distance of all major attractions.
I would come back in a heartbeat if ever I am again privileged to visit Istanbul

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I'm by no means an inexperienced traveler. I have stayed at my fair share of high end resorts, boutique hotels and run down roach motels, in other words I have seen it all - the full spectrum. From Mexico to Miami, NYC to Cairo. Things can get pretty bad and I know now going in, that everything always looks better in photographs, that not all reviews can be trusted and that charging into a vacation with high expectations will often leave one disappointed. 'Disappointment' is the LAST word I would use to describe my 10 night stay at the Acropol Suites. As a matter of fact I was blown away from the first minute, sticking to the tradition described above, every experience was far greater than I had allowed myself to imagine. For beginners, the location of this hotel is about as good as it gets. We didn't employ a cab driver more than a handful of times and that was only to get to the airport or to destinations across the bay. All other attractions are within a half a mile walk from this well balanced street lined with highly reviewed restaurants and lounges. To put it into perspective, the Three Seasons is one block away, on an uglier corner and an average room will run you 3-4 times what a night would cost at this hotel. The place is spotless, I noticed a couple people claiming otherwise - I would be willing to bet that they are employed by the local competition. The bathrooms at this hotel blow away most Hyatt's and Hiltons I have stayed at and the rooms themselves are about as accommodating as an average hotel room can get. The views are amazing! We were given a 4th floor room with a balcony facing Sultanahmet - DEFINITELY ask for this feature. We had a full view of the Aya Sofia and partial view of the Blue Mosque from our beds. The calls for prayer, (although invited by our group) were hardly audible when the balcony door was sealed shut, to the point that we would miss most of them. The staff here really makes you feel welcome and secure. We were able to come to them with any questions, not only about the hotel but the entire city and the help we received in return constantly exceeded expectations. Muhammad was our original point of contact at the hotel and the one who bid us farewell on our departure. Any and all cab rides, mini tours, transfers and extras we asked for were delivered with 5 star performance and service. The complimentary breakfast was also a treat. Just enough variety to get you moving in the morning. I didn't once use the spa on the bottom floor but I visited the area a few times as well as the gym. Spotless, up to date and very clean. Free Wifi on every floor, great A/C (that actually works), convenient stores just across the street - I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler and I will definitely be back again! 5/5 stars!

2  Thank Yusef T
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Being our first trip to Istanbul, we were pleasantly surprized by the couteous staff at the Best Western Premier Acropol Hotel in Istanbul. The rooftop room we stayed in was a bit small but well appointed and very functional. What makes this stay memorable was the hotel staff and their treatment of their guests. We were catered to by all of the staff during our 1 week stay to make guide trip reservations to dining reservations and to arrange our pick-up and drop off service at the airport. All was done with a smile and prompt attention. I would specifically like to mention Ozhan, the hotel mamager, and Ilhan, the chef who make our stay extra enjoyable. The respect my wife and I received while staying there is unparalleled to any 5 star hotel I have stayed at recently.

2  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed there on a half leisure half work trip, and we loved it small but clean, staff very friendly and attentive. and excellent location, you can't beat the location its in a street where there are cafes and restaurants, and less than 10 mins walk to Sultanahmet and Haiga sofia. Sadly trip advisor does not have my cuty so i had to put another one

Doha-Qatar

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank دانه آ
Reviewed 26 June 2014

In the USA, the Best Western is not known to be a good quality franchise.

This property is the opposite. Located in the best area of Turkey, the "old town" area of Sultanahmet, the Best Western provides tremendous quality and value.

The cobblestone streets of the area, surrounded by a sea of outdoor bars and restaurants that spill out from the buildings, it's the perfect location to all the historical attractions.

Our bathroom was all marble and the floor to the room was a very nice, inlaid wood. There are quality touches abound.

I was originally not pleased that we were booked here - but trusted the TripAdvisor reviews and paid less than half of the price we'd have at the Four Seasons just a block away.

2  Thank Greg B