“We loved the hotel and their service”

Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #250 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We are so happy we decided to stay in this hotel. It's been recently renovated so everything was clean, new and working perfectly. The decoration and furnishings of the hotel are gorgeous. You get the feeling you are in the sultan's palace. The reception staff was great and always ready to help you in every way. We actually got 2 rooms instead of 1 family room free of charge. The breakfast was really good and sumptuous. We used their restaurant for dinner a few times. The food was really good. They also have great facilities and the roof terrace with excellent view. The hotel is very close to the old city centre. It's only 10 minutes walk. I would greatly recommend the Antea palace for everyone. You'll enjoy it as much as we did.

1  Thank ocean_breeze65

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Hi to everybody,

in the beginning of august i decided to go to Istanbul in order to have a rest. I chose Best Western Antea Hotel, because i looked before at its homepage and found it suitable. I must say that i was not mistaken about my choice: the hotel is not far away from the important sightseeing places of Istanbul and has everything what a good hotel needs, like a kind personal, clean, comfortable rooms, delicious food, swimming-pool, fitnesscenter and etc.

I felt myself at the hotel like a princess in a palace, because it was really luxurious and beautiful. In the evening i used to go to the terass-restaurant which is located at the 4 th floor and used to eat some sweats or fruits.

Concerning the service of the hotel, they were very friendly and ready to help in choosing the food or visiting the interesting sightseeings places. So, i was really positively surprised.

So i would like to recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to enjoy their stay in Istanbul.

Have a nice time!

Best regards,
Maria

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The hotel is situated in a run down area of the Sultanahmet roughly a 10 minute walk (up a steep hill) to the Sultanahmet. The room service was Ok, however my daughter found an old pillow case in her bed and on another occasion found some black hairs on her sheets. On one of the days we found our beds had not been properly made up, with the covers left in a heap on one of the chairs. Coffee and tea was seldom topped up. All bottled water is supposed to be complimentary as the water in the hotel is undrinkable. However, water was not put in our room everyday and empty bottles were frequently not cleared away by the hotel staff. When we were checking out of the hotel, the hotel manager/receptionist tried to charge us for water. They also tried to charge us 40 euros for using the postage sized swimming pool for one hour.On their web site it states clearly that hotel guest can use the facilities free of charge at anytime throughout your stay. When I objected, Ramsat, one of the management receptionists was extremely unpleasant. The fee was eventually dropped from our bill . At over a hundred pounds a night I expected better service and treatment at this hotel, especially since it is a Best Western. I would not stay in this hotel again. It is not value for money and some of the management staff do not treat guests with respect.

1  Thank amberjoe123
AnteaPalace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Dear Our Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Besides this,we need to defend in some points that its not completely true.First, our hotel is very new,opened from march and we have no old pillow case or sheets and we change them everyday during your stay.
We offer one big bottle of water everyday,but of course the small water you drunk from the minibar is not included,however we even did not charge for it too.
Regarding to SPA use, despite of all hotels around charge Turkish bath and sauna we offer for free untill 18.00 pm and we inform our guests at the check-in about the hours just like we informed you,40 Euro was not for swimming pool for all SPA floor including Turkish Bath,Sauna and steam room.However, even you use it everyday after 18.00 pm we did not charge any money from you.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly..
Kindest regards
Ercan ULU

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Strategic location, only few minutes walking from main interesting monuments (Aya Sophia; Topkapi, Blue Mosk and cystern Basilic). Suite was well equipped and space was enough for all the family. Finally personnel was very kind (a special mention for Mustafa) and always willing to help with trip organization and various requests

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 918Giulio71
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed this hotel first week of augost and hotel was very clean and center of old city also all staff was helpfull for us..Hope next year i will stay this hotel..

1  Thank Reşat S
Reviewed 15 August 2011

To be honest, I chose this hotel for my business trip that was supposed to be as close to my counterparts in Istanbul as possible. The price was fine, the location was just perfect to have meetings with my Turkish fellas just across-the-street. After we had a bunch of meetings my evening walk made me realize that I can't just ignore this opportunity to enjoy sites offered by the hotel -- the view on Marmara Sea, quiet neighborhood and ancient Sofiya Mosque became highlights of my trip, apart from business of course.

With my business projects, I'm planning to visit Istanbul very often in the nearest future. They say the Fall is beautiful and warm and nice in here. For that, I'll be bringning my family later this year for sure.

Thanks to the managers and staff of the hotel -- felt like home. Tesekkur :)

Room Tip: Check out my photographs. If you like them, you will like any.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Joe S
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Very clean rooms, but small. Taxi drivers have to ask locals a couple of times to find the hotel. Breakfast is modest. The hotel is very new and the owner cares about it and has plans to improve. Staff is polite and eager to help. When you sit on a terrace you can enjoy the sea view 4-5 blocks ahead ( and there's a railroad btwn you and the sea, however it is to be said that this railroad isn't something that you'll hear at night)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business