Book now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$555
US$499
  • Restaurant
All reviewsblue mosqueold cityturkeywalking distancemarmara searecommend this hotelhagia sophiahotel is locatedthe bell boyturkish bathsteam roomthe hotel staffindoor poolbreakfast buffeton footcall to prayersultanahmet square
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I really don't have anything to fault with this hotel - the room was clean and comfortable, and I believe it had been refurbished recently - the bathroom in particular seemed quite new. The aircon is easily controlled, and works really well on warm days, which you'll hopefully get in Istanbul. There's a TV that you probably won't use - it seemed to get several hundred channels, as far as I could tell it was mostly Turkish and Arabic broadcasts.

The location is great - you're about a ten minute walk from the Hippodrome, which is the centre of the major sights in Sultanahmet. In between you and there is a bit of a hill, and a few shops in case you need to stock up for the day.

The breakfast buffet was entertainingly large and of a good quality - bread (rolls, sliced, sweet, biscuits), cold meats, cheeses, something like five different kinds of olives, many types of fruits, juices, a crepe stand, eggs, nuts, some warm meats, etc, etc. On days where I knew I was going to be going non-stop, I ate enough for breakfast to keep me going the entire day.

The two things I can't comment on are the dinners in the hotel, and the spa - I didn't find the time to try either, but I'll certainly try for the spa next time I go!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Captain_RandomName
Reviewed 11 May 2013

From the moment you walk at the hotel you are welcome by very professional and helpful staff at the reception. The hotel is located no more than 10 minutes walk from some of the most popular attractions in Istanbul such as Sultanahmet Square, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and rooms are very clean. I highly recommend visiting the spa; the place itself is wonderful - tranquil, friendly, clean, and convenient.
The prices are fairly reasonable, the staff (Gzm) and services were fab - excellent massage and facial.
There is such a nice touch in having fresh fruit juice and light snacks while you complete your treatments.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had a good one week stay at the Antea Palace hotel. We were served with tea on our arrival, the reception desk staff(Guven and Ahmet) were very helpful and provided us with all information we asked for. The first room we checked in, seemed a bit small, however on request, we were immediately shown other rooms and were offered the room we liked. They also provided us with good information on local sight-seeing options, suggested a reasonable tour operator for an excursion within turkey(Ephesus and Pammukale) and in general helped us with whatever we asked for. We enjoyed our breakfast every single day. The highlight of the stay was the massage (Turkish hamam and aromatherapy). Both the masseuse were very good and the elderly lady who did the aromatherapy(Galina) has magic in her hands :-) The session was therapeutic and was probably the best massage I have ever had. The location is good for sight-seeing too. The only issue is the size of the rooms - they tend to be smaller than other, however in the end it did not matter as we were out and about and came back to the hotel room only at night. All in all a good stay and would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Room sizes tend to be smaller so ask to see a few rooms to find one that suits you better. We opted for the sea view initially. however there was hardly any view and was noisier as it was facing the road. So we moved to the school-facing room which was good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RG06
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I was really impressed when we arrived at the Antea Palace Hotel in Istanbul. We were greeted by the receptionist Arzu and she was very nice and helpful. She offered us tea and coffee while we were waiting to get checked in and then sat with us to let us know about a number of excursions that could be arranged by the hotel. The rooms were clean and charming and the breakfast was delicious. The location was also excellent, it was about a 10 minute walk from Sultanhamet Square, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and about 15 minutes to the Grand Bazaar. Also close to the shoreline of the Marmara Sea. We had two tours arranged for us one of them was a day tour of all the attractions above (excluding the Grand Bazaar) by a university professor who was well versed in the history of Istanbul and Turkey. It was just the four of us and our guide so it was at a leisurely pace and not hectic like other tour groups. The other was a half day excursion which involved a cruise on the Bosphorous, which was also very informative and beautiful. All arranged by the hotel staff.This was my first trip to Turkey and we had an excellent time and will definitley go back again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Location - perfect as all historical places are walking distance 10-15 mins.
Room - initially for one night we were put in a room which was clearly not what I had booked and informed reception immediately at the check-in. However, next day after persistence we were moved to deluxe room which was large, had a balcony with a nice view of the Marmara Sea. And decent size which is essential when you have an active 3 yr old.
Staff - all very friendly and helpful from reception through room service.
Rooftop - if the weather is bright and sunny rooftop is an excellent place to spend sometime even have a meal.
Breakfast - reasonable spread for everyone (veg & non-veg). Must say the juice was the most diluted I have ever had in a hotel. Once it was just water which was coming our the vending machine with no juice at all. Go for Cherry juice due to low demand that's least diluted ;-)
Transfers - they have a strange rule if you book via central Best Western website they provide one way transfer (that was smooth btw) but if you book direct with the hotel then round trip. Sounds crazy to me but it is what is, I did not haggle. [One way taxi cost 40TL.]

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor, that's the highest and perhaps only with view. Avoid the temptation to go for a walk along the Marmara Sea side as the sea is really dirty, really put me off.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family