Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa
US$172
US$155
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$403
  • Pool
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$148
US$641
US$587
  • Breakfast included
Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$105
Agoda.com
US$241
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosqueold cityswimming poolturkeywalking distancemarmara seahagia sophiarecommend this hotelhotel is locatedthe bell boyturkish bathsteam roomthe hotel staffbreakfast was includedon footcall to prayersultanahmet square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I read many good reviews about this hotel and made my choice for 3 nights. it was awful, hotel location is in Sultanahmet, but very hard to find; you are expecting something beautiful - but find hotel that smells cats awfully; u want to relax in hamam - but personal is very very interesting in making massage for u - that they don t give u relax at all, come in hamam, speak loudly and not closing the door –absolutely not respecting guests and looking only for money. The way of making massage is the most awful thing - Russian speaking women Galina is mad about herself, i asked for foot massage = she pressed me 10 minutes to make full body massage, when i refused - she hurted my back several times, when I stopped her – she began foot massage but give me the meaning that it will be not so good , and she was SPEAKING all massage time… do u think it was relax? Above that sauna and hamam is working till 10.00 pm – so in evening time very many people in one small pool – don’t believe photos. Several words about internet. When u come to such type of hotel u expect good working wi-fi. In this hotel it works very badly in the room. That’s why people are using it in corridor near router. Only one thing was good – personal in reception. Thanks them a lot. I wood NOT RECOMMEND this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anna N
AnteaPalace, Manager at Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear Our Guest,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are sorry to see your comment.
Our hotel is located in the Old City, Sultanahmet.Because of it is historical area it has many narrow streets and traffic is always busy, however our hotel is located nearby to the sea road and has easier access to reach.We have signs on the streets also direction in our web site to show driver to find easily.
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our masseuse, we have received so many good comments about her, actually she specialized in orthopedics and many of our guests book our hotel to get massage from her, you might have communication problems since Poorness of her English, however we already warned her to pay more attention and not to recurrence.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at info@hotelanteapalace.com

Best regards

Reviewed 13 May 2013

On arrival at Antea Palace Hotel, we were greeted by Guven who sat with us and provided all the information about the hotel and a number of excursions that could be arranged by the hotel.

The receptionist Arzu was very friendly and offered us refreshments while we were waiting to get checked in and also agreed a late check out.

The location was excellent, about a 10 minute walk from Sultanhamet Square, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and about 15 minutes to the Grand Bazaar.

The breakfast was very good, with great choice of local and international foods

I was very impressed by Gizem who made us feel very welcome each day we visited the Spa & Sauna. She was so friendly and helpful. Also on our last night, we had a few drinks at the bar. Erdem who served us, was very nice and even offered us a Turkish coffee on the house. It was a real pleasure staying at the hotel.

The only down side is the size of the rooms - they are smaller than most other hotels. It did not matter too much as we were out and about for most of the day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mavis A
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in April 2013 as a family in a "deluxe" room. Booked through a discount internet site after much searching around, trying to sieve through much of a muchness of Turkish B&Bs. Very few reputable chains and none in central locations so we settled for this hotel because of the swimming pool.
The hotel is located in the Old Town, among the narrow cobbled streets in what seems like a run down residential area. The sea is just a few hundred yards and was visible from our balcony. It was relatively tricky to find at first, since our map from booking.com was very schematic. The main landmark was the local sports club with a football field in the front and a public garden with a few swings a block away. Some local gypsy-looking girls helped us find it for a few coins.
Overall first impression was quite good. We were welcomed and offered drinks, the reception guy was very helpful and gave us a good map and some tips where to go and what to see, since it was our first time in Istanbul. We quickly found our way around town. About 10 min on foot slightly uphill and you are in the historic Hipodrome / Sofia area, which is brilliant. There you can catch a tram, a few stops away is the Bazar and the magnificant Topikapi palace a few stops in a different direction (downhill).
Good points: firstly, friendly staff. A bit too friendly in the spa/ sauna area, they wanted to sell you these massages, priced in euros for some reason, everything was in euros rather than lira or dollars just to confuse us. Didn't hesitate to say "you are looking very tired" to flog their fares. Beds were very comfy, a child's pop-up bed was reasonable too. There was quite fast wi-fi throughout the hotel with boosters on each floor. Downstairs restaurant served quite decent dinners and cakes and local wine pleasantly surprised. The lift looked fabulous and worked fine!
Less good: even though the common areas were refurbished, you can see that the hotel is quite tired and shabby in places. There is no way it is 4 star and no way they should be charging 250 dollars a night that we were silly enough to fork out. The toiletries were cheap, towels scratchy, and one day they didn't clean our room at all, even when we were out all day. The bathroom doesn't have a bath, so we were content with a shower. The balcony, probably nice in summer, was pretty useless in April, except if you like peeping into other people's houses and observing their laundry drying just a few steps away across the street. The whole area seems very poor, with satelite dishes everywhere and roofs repaired with plastic sheets. Giant angry looking seagulls roam the skies. Finally, we couldn't find anything edible for breakfast. In colder times it is served in the restaurant on the ground floor, not on a lovely roof-terrace. You can forget your omlettes and sausages, maybe a hard boiled egg, then some pickled cabbage? I don't think even numerous Russians dared to taste it. Lots of nuts you have to crack yourself, felt like it was Christmas again! on a plus side, plenty of fruit and passable coffee. I wouldn't go for a juice machine, expecially peach! In short, we thought it was a good enough experience for the first trip, if we were to come back to Turkey we would not what to do and where to stay, probably not in Anthea Palace.

Room Tip: Higher floors and balcony is nice in summer
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DXBHackett
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Everything about the hotel was excellent, including breakfast, dinner,& friendly staff. Would have appreciated some drawers in our room for unpacking. Only real negative is the location in a run down neighbourhood, & the late night noise from the playing field in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carriann
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I really don't have anything to fault with this hotel - the room was clean and comfortable, and I believe it had been refurbished recently - the bathroom in particular seemed quite new. The aircon is easily controlled, and works really well on warm days, which you'll hopefully get in Istanbul. There's a TV that you probably won't use - it seemed to get several hundred channels, as far as I could tell it was mostly Turkish and Arabic broadcasts.

The location is great - you're about a ten minute walk from the Hippodrome, which is the centre of the major sights in Sultanahmet. In between you and there is a bit of a hill, and a few shops in case you need to stock up for the day.

The breakfast buffet was entertainingly large and of a good quality - bread (rolls, sliced, sweet, biscuits), cold meats, cheeses, something like five different kinds of olives, many types of fruits, juices, a crepe stand, eggs, nuts, some warm meats, etc, etc. On days where I knew I was going to be going non-stop, I ate enough for breakfast to keep me going the entire day.

The two things I can't comment on are the dinners in the hotel, and the spa - I didn't find the time to try either, but I'll certainly try for the spa next time I go!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business