Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa
Ast Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Restaurant
Basileus Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosqueold cityswimming poolturkeywalking distancemarmara seahagia sophiarecommend this hotelhotel is locatedthe bell boyturkish bathsteam roomthe hotel staffbreakfast was includedon footcall to prayersultanahmet square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I have stayed in this hotell now 4 times or 11 nights and I will continue with Antea Palace Hotell. It has enought standard of rooms, friendly staff and a hamam in the basement. Breakfast is good and my son loves it. Myself I like the surroundings where i have a hairdresser, a silversmith, and a tailor all working for me when I come. You are on walking distance to the Blue Mosque.. and also to the shopping streets. I recomend the shopping streets and not the basar. This time I purchased luxuary curtainhangers, repaired my trumpet, bought stained glass in fantastic colours.

Thomas Stalin

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
AnteaPalace, Manager at Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Thomas,
I was very happy to read your review and glad that we were able to meet your expectations during your another stay with us as well.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back on many occasions..
Wish you have great time in your beautiful, new house in Tanzania:)

Kindest regards

Ercan ULU

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel, where I have stayed for a few weeks, is by far my best hotel experience in Istanbul. I can strongly recommend this hotel.

The hotel as a building looks nice, the location is very good since it is reachable by taxi very easily through the coastal road from the Airport to the Sultanahmet, via the "catladikapi" entrance of Sultanahmet. From there it is just few hundred meters away.

The hotel has excellent facilities such as a swimming pool and sauna (for free), the breakfast is great and has enough variation, sufficient for everyones needs.

The rooms are clean and comfortly.

The crew is extremely friendly and professional. Especially my compliments for the hotel manager, Mr. Ercan, who truly has a heart for his job and deserves a special mention.

I want to thank the whole Hotel Antea Crew wholehearthedly for making my stay a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Huseyin S
Reviewed 6 January 2014

“Fitness Room”: is comical with only two cardio machines in poor conditions. The picture on the website makes it seems bigger due to the mirror walls.

Pool: Only a small cool down pool, by no can you even do one lap

Sauna: Good size, and totally worth a visit especially in the winter

Wireless connection: Good speed

Breakfast: Great selection of variety of heavy and light options. However, I disappointed in flavoured water passed on as juice.

Location: Excellent location within walking distance of Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi palace. I also enjoyed just walking around the neighbourhood: Interesting architecture, local cuisine, store front shopping.

Service: cleaning staff is very friendly. Room service has limited selection.

Overall: Good value for money. The room was comfortable. The location is great. And you have enough of a selection at breakfast that helps you get through the entire day until dinner time.

Room Tip: IT is in a tranquil location, despite being walking distance to busy streets. I think any room would be comfy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ciararivera
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed in a triple room with one child and one infant. The check in was fairly straightforward and real net info was provided at the time. We felt the room to be on the small side, but was just enough for the four of us. The bathroom was clean and functional, with good shower facility. The breakfast was adequate and nutritious, with attentive staff and regular topping up of dishes. Mr Guen, Ms Azru were very helpful and polite. She even arranged for a reliable taxi when we had to visit Eyup Ansari Caami. We tried to avoid taxis as much as possible, but had to use it on few occasions, without problems, as I found out about the approximate cost of trips from locals before hailing a cab. Most of the taxi drivers were honest and helpful. During a quiet evening hour, I took my 7 yr old daughter for a swim the the small pool in the hotel basement. The lady manning the desk near the pool, initially took objection to the fact that I was wearing a sleeveless top in the pool, ( Could not see a problem with that when big resorts like Atlantis in Dubai never had a problem with my sleeveless swim top). Regarding restaurants, avoid galata bridge fish restaurants, as they are tourist traps. I would strongly recommend Bukhara 93 restaurant near Blue mosque, for some of the best kebabs and friendly service by Manager Ebraahim. We even walked to the hotel after 12 midnight and never felt unsafe.

Room Tip: Higher the better !!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Euphoria_UK
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel is convenient and only 5 minute walk to Sultanahmet where the blue mosque ,Hagia Sophia and the hippodrome are located. Mr. Guen,the manager us very polite and very helpful the rooms are small but you get everything you need. The plus side is the spa, the fitness center and the floor in the basement, and the massage service. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the higher floor and the one in the back of the hotel.the front rooms are noisy with a ball court across the street.
Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple