“clean and good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Antea Palace Hotel & Spa

BEST WESTERN Antea Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #253 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Orlando, Florida
“clean and good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The rooms were clean but small. The property is charming and has a turkish bath and a very nice indoor pool. Their breakfast is very good and included in the room rate. At walking distance from main attractions (cobblestones and steep streets).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Shuttle service to and from hotel was amazing with no hassle. Hotels location was perfect, literally 5 minutes walk to the blue mosque and all good places to eat and drink were just around. Hotel itself was to good.. nice rooms.. well maintained. Whilst we were there hotels spa was out of order. However, hotel arranged two way free taxis to their nearby partner hotel with nice spa facilities. Transportation both ways was hassle free, the taxi driver would not even talk to you and just go to the hotels reception to get the money.
Booked some amazing tours at the hotel desk. The staff at the hotel is great, however, Arzoo is worth a mention as she is probably the best hotel receptionist I have ever seen. She is very helpful and can make your trip even better if you take her advice on where to go and which trips to book. She also gave us a complimentary gift on our departure from the hotel. Overall, we had an amazing time at this hotel and everything was perfect. Didn't try their food but the complimentary breakfast was really good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AhmedJamal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel on the back of it's 4 star hotel rating and it's high rating on trip advisor.
However, upon arrival it was clear that the hotel was closer to a 2 star hotel and that it's trip advisor rating was very much exaggerated.

Firstly, the pictures shown both on this website and on the hotel website bear very little resemblance to the real thing - there has clearly been a great deal of photoshopping going on! The hotel is in truth quite run down and shabby.

We had a triple room, which was incredibly small. There was only just enough room to walk between the ends of the beds and the wall. The walls were an incredibly depressing dark orange/brown colour and there was dust coming off the beds when we sat on them. When I asked if I could possibly see another room I was given short thrift.

The pool was actually laughable - it was literally no more than 3 by 3 metres square - yes square! Absolutely nothing like the photos. To add insult to injury this, along with all the other 'spa' facilities (I dread to think what they would actually have been like) were out of order and unusable. I'd like to say under refurbishment, but we didn't see anybody doing any work on it. We could apparently use the facilities at their sister hotel, which was a mere 10 minute taxi ride away! Although why anyone would attempt this after seeing the pool here I have no idea.

We were hoping that the hotel would slightly redeem itself at breakfast, but sadly this was not to be. There was quite a large selection, but it was of poor quality. It felt as though things were being put out day after day until they were eaten. The juices were from a machine and poor. There was no omelette option. I've had better spreads at much, much cheaper hotels.

The only positive things I can say about the hotel are that the staff were always friendly and had a smile on their faces (except when you ask to see other rooms of course), the bathroom was quite nice (this seemed newer than the bedroom) and the location was in a nice residential street and not a tourist street/location.

All in all, if we had paid a 2 star hotel price and were expecting a 2 star hotel, this place would have been fine. However, we booked this hotel at quite a high price (we could have booked a known 5 star hotel for not much more) so we were left very disappointed with it. If you can get it cheap then great, do it, but don't be fooled into thinking that you're getting anything special here.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Luke850
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was truly the best hotel I ever stayed at - perfectly furnished with sultan style furniture, excellent staff who was helpful in every way, great food for breakfast. We stayed there for our wedding and hotel Manager, Mr. Ercan helped with a lot of the planning such as finding a car that we needed, decorating it, finding a photographer, flowers, hairstylists, etc.. Everything was perfect. We really appreciated staying there and would like to thank the whole staff for everything they have done.

Nilufar and Ahmed

Room Tip: we stayed in a suite and it was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nilufar R
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here on my recent trip to Istanbul. I chose this hotel because I could use air miles to cover most of my stay. I was a little confused by the area when I first arrived. It is a little off the main tourist path but that can also be a good thing. My only caution is that if you take taxis to get your bearings (as I did on my way back to the hotel from the Grand Bazaar on my first day) be sure not to use a 50 lira bill. I was victim to a driver insisting that I gave him a 5 when I only had 50s. I told the hotel that he had stolen from me and they told me it was common for dishonest taxis like this to wait in the tourist areas. It only happened once as I learned how to avoid it. if you are unsure about which taxis are okay then ask the hotel. I really liked the local neighbourhood and the facilities at the hotel were great. The breakfast was delicious as was the one dinner I had at the hotel. The hammam was beautiful as was the pool although I was unable to get a massage as the masseuse was on holiday for two weeks.
The staff were mostly very good. Especially the manager Ercan and a woman at reception whose name I did not get. Both of these staff members went out of their way to make my visit special. One word of caution for women travelling alone. Some of the men at the hotel can be judgemental should you choose to bring any male friends to the hotel. It is better to meet male friends for drinks or food outside of this hotel for this reason.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor which is the highest floor for rooms. It was peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank fionamac_13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in antea palace for three nights and we are extremely happy with the service,location and the food.(breakfast).The hotel is very close to most of the sites and is very easily accessible by foot.Our family suite room was spacious and the jet bath was an icing on the cake!!!There was a good choice of breakfast and when asked for an omlette(which wasnt in the buffet) they were happy to cater for without an additional cost.There are lots of good eateries nearby and the drink Sahlep is never to be missed when visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious there - lots of variety for breakfast and we had lunch and dinner there which was also very good.

The rooms were clean and modern although the wifi was very hit and miss. Even when it did work it was slow.

Walking from the hotel to the main area where the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia was difficult. The roads are very steep and it is a good 10 minute walk away. We'd have liked to have known this as especially in the heat and after a day of sightseeing, it was annoying in the heat. The hotel did order us taxis in the mornings to the main areas which is no longer than 5 minutes away and cost you no more than 5 lira.

The spa was nice. Would recommend the chocolate massage and coffee peel and the Swedish massage.

The hotel was clean, staff were great, rooms were nice enough however the wifi was slow and the location wasn't great so for those 2 reasons we would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2014