“Breakfast on the rooftop terrace is amazingly beautiful.”

Artefes Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #142 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Artefes Hotel helped me out when Turkish Airline's union strike stranded me in Istanbul for 24hrs. Life gave me lemons and I made lemonaide....with the help of Artefes Hotel.

I called Artefes Hotel because my friends were staying there and they offered me a room right away. They talked me through how to catch public transportation (metro then tram) from the airport to their hotel. As soon as I arrived, I went straight to the Grand Bizarre near by.

But the best part was the great breakfast I had before I returned to the airport again the next morning. What a perfect way to start the day - views of the Blue Mosque and the Marmara Sea. It's the same view the Four Seasons has nearby, but at a significant value.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Artefes Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Our 2nd stop in Istanbul and we deliberately chose a different area. We had already visited the main sites so headed towards the harbour and the thousands of locals picnicking in the park. It was great to see all the families gathered cooking on their BBQs, fishing and playing. We later found on our walk for dinner that we were also close to the Blue mosque and a bazaar. So the hotel was very handy to a couple of areas. The rooms were quite large, bathroom with a good shower, couldn't get the air-conditioning to cool and our room being on the street too noisy to leave the window open. The hotel has a haman and massage place - I was told it was open till 11 pm, tried to get a massage at 9.30 but they'd sent the staff home. The building being so old is noisy - but authentic!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor - lots of noise from the road and guests arriving back in the early hours...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank loretta g
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Fantastic hotel, we stayed for 5 nights in may 2012 we found every thing well prepared.
the hotel is placed in calm street , on the same time it is placed very closed to the main attractions of the city.
The team were very helpful managing by Mr Murat.
The important support given was valuable , they help me in each and every detail including advising tours, plans, restaurants, malls, shopping , arranging times of taxi and suggesting most important attractions.
I had felt as i was in my home... many thanks for all the teamand for Mr Murat
I recommend strongly this hotel and i will choose it again in my next visit.
Artefes hotel clean , facilites are very good and the breakfast was excelent.
we enjoyed the great view from the terrace of the hotel , sea, birds , mosques , hills and trees
nbachir@gmail.com

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Najib1963
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Artefes hotel is placed very close to the old city of Istanbul close to the main attractions of the city, however is placed in a calm street. The hotel facility is very good and the breakfast excelent. The manger Mr. Mourat is a very helpful and cordial person. My staying in Istanbul since 8th of April was nice and I had greatful days visiting the city. I recomend to family people to visit and to stay in the Artefes hotel when visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Laercio G
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We arrived at 5am and were warmly welcomed by the staff of the Artefes hotel. The turkish tea and coffee were served and we had a chance to enjoy a great view of the sunrise from the terrace of the hotel. We were excited by Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, which were 5 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel's building is a historical place in Ottoman style with very nice exterior and interior. Special thanks to Murat, who gave us a suite room with a seaview and a balcony. The room was very clean, light and cosy. The breakfast was very tasty, especially bubliks. Meal was very fresh and for all tastes. The hotel was very calm and guests were also adequate. We highly recommend also to use hammam and massage - very clean and proffessional service. It was our first trip to Istambul, we felt in love with the city and definately be back and stay at the same place!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OlgaTOK
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed for 5 nights in March 2012.my room was on ground floor ,room was clean .Breakfast was excellent since i was vegetarian lady staff(forgot her name) prepared potato dish for me.Best location near historic places within walkin distance of Blue mosque,topkapi palace and hagia sophia .Thanks to tunjay or tuncay for helping me out for my excursion tour,locating veg restaurant for me.All staff was helpfull .I will visit again and i recommend this nice hotel in part of Sultanhamet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the Artefes Hotel in March 2012. Our room, a double on the second floor, was not large or fancy, but it was perfectly adequate. The bathroom had a nice shower but lacked a tub (I think hotels.com said it would have one). Everything was clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. The building is a very beautiful old Ottoman mansion with a spectacular roof garden offering vistas of the Sea of Marmara and the Blue Mosque. Breakfast was a real treat. In addition to the usual breads and pastries, they had hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, and many delicious cheeses and olives. The cold-weather setting for breakfast was a large, well-lit restaurant with many windows on the top floor. What really makes this a terrific hotel option is its proximity to the sites. We were on a quiet street yet only two blocks from the Blue Mosque, the Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, the Archeological Museum, and the tram. We easily walked to the Suleiman the Magnificant Mosque and the Grand Bazaar. Everything is convenient -- including public transportation that seamlessly got us to the airport on our departure for the equivalent of $3 apiece. There are many options in the Sultanahmet district, and they probably vary quite a bit in quality. This one is good value and served our needs perfectly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple