“An especial contribution to enjoy Istambul”
Review of Nena Hotel

Nena Hotel
Ranked #82 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Montevideo, Uruguay
“An especial contribution to enjoy Istambul”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We met Nena Hotel by looking for a hotel in Istambul that was in the Old City because we wanted to see everything about the history of this important and old city.
We found it on line, it was nice, near important streets and near ( by walking )to all buildings we wished to see and other places of interest.
We were in touch with the manager of the Hotel directly by mail, asking them about the distance of the Convention Centre, the way to go, the cost of taxis, because we went to Turkey because of a medical Congress.
Very gently and very soon he answered us and what he informed us was good for us.
We wanted to go to Capadoccia and we asked him if they offer tours and he inmediatly connected with a Travel Agency, that was excelent.
After the confirmation, the manager asked for the number of our flight because they were going to go for us in the airport.
This was very helpful for us.We felt very sure.
All the team in the Hotel Nena excelent ! Responsability and politeness all the time !( The manager, the receptionists, the room keepers, the employers in the restaurant, everyone ! )
Questions we asked, doubts, everything have solutions.
Very quiet rooms,confortable, very clean, water free served everyday, tee or coffee.
Very good breakfast with a terrasse with a wonderfull view of the Bosford and the Blue Mesquite.
Excellent dinners.
What can we hope from a Hotel ? Nothing else !!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed in the hotel on 12th of Feb 2014 for 7 night.
The hotel staff or it my pleasure to say my Family since they treat me like one of them.
They always smile and treat me very well, and whenever I need any advice or location of place they provide me good advice with also good alternative option.
I really love the hotel and the hotel staff and strongly recommend it to my Friend and Family and the reader as well for Many reason:
First the staff
second the room
third the one way free transfer for booking more than three night (from/to Ataturk Airport)
last the great location which is near the tram of Sultanahmed and the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

* Excellent location it's close to many attraction sites & the tramway less than 100meter walk.
* Excellent staff they were very helpfull.
* Excellent Restaurant staff & view ( Blue mosqe & ayasofya) & breakfast was great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Abdullah A
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 6 February 2014

we spent amazing night there woow !! The peace and intimacy of this beautiful Hotel is exceeded only by the attentiveness and warmth of the staff. Our bedroom was stunning with a huge bathroom ,I would highly recommend the Hotel and one day we will definitely go back. If you want to be spoiled in a fabulous and hospitable place, this is the place you should come !!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank elena-travel10
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have traveled a lot, but nowhere was I treated to feel so special as in hotel Nena! Stayed with a friend 5 days. We felt so relaxed, that we kept forgetting our stuff (mobile, laptop, jackets) all around hotel, and always smiling Sedat and Mehmed ran after us to give us our things back. Hotel is really superb in all aspects, and I will not describe the breakfast and the view, because lot of people did that very well in earlier comments. I would just like to add that what makes this hotel to stand out is the unique atmosphere of guests feeling so welcome and taken care of. It showed in every detail: free transfer from the airport, welcome drinks, Sedat`s half hour of explaining what we have to see, plate of nicely cut and arranged fresh fruit from general manager brought to our room (thank you Mr. Sahin), slippers in the room, umbrellas by the entrance door in case of raining, nice goodbye gifts... This is the place where I will stay every time when I come to Istanbul!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jasna2014
chicago
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Cozy boutique hotel is perfectly situated in heart of the old city part of sultanahmet. It is right off of the main street which has plenty of cafés restaurants, shops and tram stop. Plus the main tourist sites like blue mosque, hagia Sofia, Basilica cistern, grand bazaar, topkapi palace and my favorite hamam are all less than ten minutes walking distance. I was able to see all the main sites within one day. It is a perfect location to stay and if you only have a short time in Istanbul.

The hotel staff is extremely hospitable and helpful. When I arrived I received a warm welcome with Turkish coffee and a snack. The receptionist helped me plan my next two days in Istanbul without me even asking him to do so. He sat down with me with the map and showed me all the sites that were within walking distance. He also made some great recommendations for places to eat.

The room is clean but small. It can accommodate 1 to 2 people as long as you don't have more than two big pieces of luggage to put in room. Free coffee, tea in room. There is also a safe and a small fridge with minibar.

BEST part of hotel is the hotel rooftop restaraunt that has breakfast buffet with the most breathtaking view of the blue mosque, Hagia Sophia and Bosphorus!!! Come for the view!! The breakfast buffet has wife selection of pastries, yogurt, chess, olives, eggs, cereal and fruit. Ate my favorite yogurt with homemade apricot jam and fruit...yummy!

Thanks trip advisor for helping me make a another great vacation decision!

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank travelbug823
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My mom and I stayed at Hotel Nena during our visit in October. We left Istanbul just as it was starting to get cold, but the weather was perfect during our stay! Since we stayed longer than 3 days, we were picked up from the airport by a Hotel Nena representative. Upon our arrival, we were welcomed with Turkish tea and Turkish delight by Sedat, the best hotel receptionist we have ever met. He walked us through a map with all the sights to see in Istanbul, showed us which were within walking distance and gave us information about tour guides. Our room and bathroom were small, but very nice and clean. We even had a free tea/coffee station, which we loved. The best part of this hotel is the breakfast on the terrace, hands down. They wouldn't let us sit outside when the weather was bad, but we were otherwise allowed. The view from the terrace is phenomenal, you are eating right in front of the Blue Mosque, Hagya Sophya and the sparkling Bosphorous Sea! The staff was very nice and helpful, and we were always offered tea whenever we spent time in the lobby. Not to mention how close this hotel is to all the sites in the historical district, and many eateries and shops, all safely within walking distance. Although it was fairly expensive, we loved Hotel Nena and would stay there again. The staff made us feel safe and special, especially Sedat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family