“It would be a pleasure to return”

Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #5 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Delightful service - we couldn't have asked for better treatment; wonderful bathroom (with heated marble floor); very comfortable bed; nice room - a little dark and not a lot of cupboard space but we've no complaints; wonderful location; great breakfast with superb views; all in all it was marvellous.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zoedog-uk

Reviewed 11 April 2011

My husband and I stated at the hotel again for 3 nights.Nothing I can say would give you a true view of the hotel,the staff or the owner Deniz. Its a perect little hotel that treats customers like they are very special people.

The staff look after you in every way possible and will go to great lengthts to make your staff an amazing event in this great city.

2  Thank Droopydrawrs52
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I can't recommend this hotel too highly. The rooms are cosy, clean and welcoming. The location is close to Haghia Sofia and the Topkapi Palace, and so close to the Sultan Ahmet ('Blue') Mosque that you get a clear view of its minarets and dome when having breakfast on the terrace, which also has a wonderful view of the sea and the distant Price's Islands. The staff are friendly and invariably helpful, going out of their way to help the guests. We also had the pleasure of having a room with its own Turkish Bath. Since the hotel is not really on a main street the noise levels don't keep you awake all night. Very good value for money, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I stayed in the hotel for more than a week

The hotel looks nice from the outside

But from the inside it’s below average

The reception is very simple more like a table with a computer.

The doors' handles were loose and needed to be fixed.

The breakfast was very simple and lacking varieties
Very simple things that make you enjoy your food weren’t there such as omelet or fresh juice.

If you want a fresh orange juice you have to pay 3 euro, and they have a pre-cooked eggs they call omelet.

And in case you wanted to leave the hotel and go to another one as I tried after my third day you have to pay a one night charge.

In my room which was a suite room there was no a/c
Which was no problem in winter, but I doubt anyone can sleep in the room in summer.

And if you open the windows noises from the street will come to your room.

I had a queen size bed in my room
but for some reason it felt so small I couldn’t sleep comfortably in it with my wife , as i move a lot during sleeping
i had another single bed in my room
It became useful after I connected the two.

And the thing that disturbed my sleep the most was the sunrays in my room.

I had 5 small windows in my room with curtains that were made for decoration more than blocking, so the sun was coming from all directions making it hard to sleep in the room in the morning

One time I called to get an adapter for my laptop
Receptionist told me to come down to the reception and see which adapter I can use.
They were three types and I believe he should come up to my room and show me which one I can take.

the price of the hotel is too much considering what you get or can get in other 5 star hotels in Istanbul

the only good things I like about the hotel is the location of it in sultanahmet, hotel staff speak English
, the Jacuzzi in my room and the free shuttle service you get if you booked many nights to Ataturk airport but you can get it anywhere for 35 TL.

8  Thank cobraa
DersaadetHotel, Owner at Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

We thank our guest for this review, and the nice words he said about our staff, our location and our bathrooms. We are sorry that some aspects were not to his satisfaction .Every single feedback is taken seriously and we will keep working until the remaining 4% of our guests are happy with our services.

As our guest correctly points out, Dersaadet does not really feel like a hotel in some aspects (as the guest observed, the front desk is not a conventional hotel reception desk but more like a homey, Turkish Style furniture). Interestingly, many of our guests stay with us specifically for this aspect. We are aware that a hotel of a 19th century Ottoman style house is not appealing for some travelers, we therefore recommend travelers to check the photos – both the hotel photos on our website and guest posted photos here at tripadvisor to get an idea of the general atmosphere of Dersaadet.

We are small in size and this often gives us much more flexibility to make changes to guests’ preferences. For example, curtains in the room can be changed at guests’ request: we had cases where we moved in or out furniture from/to the rooms, or removed all the carpets for allergic guests upon guests’ request. On the third day of our guest’s stay, our guest informed us that he wanted to stay in the Taksim section of the city because he decided he spent enough time in the old city. Had we been informed about the complaints, we would have done our best to accommodate the guest’s requests to make his experience better.

We do have air conditioning at Dersaadet (actually there are two A/C units at the Corner suites) but we keep the heating on during March as March is still one of the colder winter months. The bed at the Corner Suite is 190 cm x 160 cm, a standard sized double bed for most Europe. At breakfast we currently offer a choice of about 20 items, many of them home-made, all listed at our website under the breakfast section. Some photos of the breakfast buffet are also available at the same website and among tripadvisor guest-posted photos.

Once again, we evaluate every feedback with great attention and take it as an opportunity to question and improve Dersaadet for our valued guests.

Respectfully,

Deniz Duyar
Owner / Director

Reviewed 16 March 2011

The entire staff is extremely friendly. They arranged reasonable transfers to and from the airport. The breakfast is delicious, and what a view! They give a 10% discount off the already low price, and use standard exchange rates with no markup. The neighborhood is quiet, but there are stray cats (as there are all over Istanbul) that get noisy at night. We stayed in March, and the rooms were a little too warm, so we opened the windows at night. Being three blocks away from the Blue Mosque, you couldn't ask for a better location. The rooms aren't fancy, but they're very clean, spacious, and the shower was terrific. A great value!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank WeLiveforVacation
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Just returned from a fantastic 5 days at the Dersaadet Hotel in Istanbul. Beautiful hotel in a brilliant location in the shadow of the Blue Mosque, but it is the staff that really set this hotel apart. They are extremely knowledgeable about absolutely every tourist destination and if they don't know they find out and get back to you immediately. But more it's abut more than knowledge they are genuinely interested in their guests, kind and helpful, almost make you want to stay in all day and chat to them. Guests return over and over again, it's clear why.
Thanks for my birthday gift!

Reviewed 13 March 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights during March 2011. As it was verrrry cold outside, we were happy that rooms were well heated. Breakfast is typical Mediterranean and roof terrace has a nice view to Bosphorus. The area where hotel is situated is close to major attractions which is good if you're visiting the city for the first time. Even though this hotel offers great value, I would myself book a room closer to Tahir Square next time.

If there are guests arriving late, don't expect to sleep before thay are happily settled. This beautiful old building wasn't constructed to be sound proof.