“wonderful place”

Ranked #9 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Kaiserstuhl, Switzerland
“wonderful place”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The hotel is in a quiet place, in the neighourhood of the Blue Moschee, the Hagia Sophia and the Big Basar. The staff is very friendly and the room cosy and clean. In my room there was a "Turquish Bath" with oriental ornaments, the shower there was an unique pleasure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My husband and I chose the Dersaadet based on reviews on Tripadvisor. A major draw is the airport pickup. We arrived in Istanbul after a trip of almost 24 hours, waited in line at immigration and customs, and were worried no one would be standing outside with a sign holding our name. Not to worry, a driver was waiting for us! It made our arrival so stress-free.

The hotel itself was a bit smaller than I expected--I'm not sure why. We booked a corner suite that was furnished with a mix of old and newer pieces. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was updated and spotless. The roof terrace is charming and a nice place for a drink late in the day, as well as breakfast. The breakfast, included in the tariff, had a lot of hot and cold options. One note: bring earplugs if the call to prayer is likely to disturb your early morning sleep.

The staff is wonderful. In advance of the trip I requested suggestions for tour groups for a day in Gallipoli. I received recommendations from the Dersaadet for several companies, and the one we chose was excellent. One night the computer available in the lobby for guests wasn't working properly, and the very friendly front desk attendant let me use the hotel's computer to check my email. Staff helped us arrange taxis and gave us some very good tips for restaurants and sightseeing.

When I started to write my review, it had four stars. The hotel is not a high end luxury hotel--for that, try the Four Seasons, just down the road. However, thinking about the wonderful staff, our comfortable, charming room, value for money and the fantastic location, I upped my review to five stars. The Dersaadet deserves them all.

Room Tip: The corner suites are worth the extra expense
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The breakfast on top floor was delicious and what a view...Personalized service was greatly appreciated - i.e. help booking a Bosphorus tour.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We were very lucky to discover this hotel after disappointing night in the first one we booked just before the arrival as it was a last minute choice. Me and my friend liked it from the minute we walked in. The atmosphere of the hotel is very cozy and welcoming. What i liked the most was the view from the window to the Marmour Sea and the breakfast area on the terrace with the same breathtaking view...so you definitely won't regret...Really feel like going back....

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
usa
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Stayed in a double sea view room for 3 nights. Pretty room. Very comfortable, very quiet. (Some have complained about the "hard" beds in Istanbul, but I found the bed very comfortable.)

Location can't be beat -- two minute walk to Blue Mosque, 5 minute walk to the tram which takes you everywhere in Istanbul that you'd want to go. Good restaurants and a market nearby.

Great view from the rooftop terrace -- views of Marmara and Bosphorus. You could sit there all day. Good breakfast, too.

Staff was outstanding. I had a problem with the apartment I was going to move to. The staff at the Dersaadet went to great lengths to find me somewhere to stay. (I ended up at their sister hotel, The Niles, which is a fantastic little hotel just 3 tram stops away.)

I can't say enough about the staff at the Dersaadet. They were always helpful and friendly, but their services really stood out for the help they gave me as I was leaving. Thank you!!!

Loved this hotel. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Albany, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Easy walk to all historic sites, restaurants, tram. Nice rooftop area for breakfast, evening drinks. Larger suite very nice for 3 people. Large bathroom. Very clean. Staff friendly and helpful for sightseeing. Spoke English well.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here four nights, and it was terrific. Comfortable room PLUS air con, which is so important there, and a lovely breakfast on the rooftop terrace. Free wifi plus laptop in the lobby, good towels, minibar/fridge reasonably priced, pickup from and to the airport (DO THIS), and overall a super deal. The location can't be beaten, and the staff is tremendous. STAY HERE.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple