Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul
InterContinental
US$191
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$62
Travelocity
1,505 results
All reviewsrooftop terraceblue mosquesultan's suiteapple tea and turkish delightmarmara seaold cityottoman stylesmall hotelhagia sophiaturkeyarasta bazaarcharming hoteltop floorwithin walking distancemajor sitesyogurteach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

lovely hotel in a great location - close too all atraction in the old city. Qualified staff. The room we stayed in is the phenthase suite it was very big with great balcony with amazing sea view. I would like to thank one amazing employee of the hotel – his name is Samet. He is simply an amazing man, he helped me for almost 3 hours to find my I-phone that I forgot in a taxi. He done such an amazing work till the taxi driver agreed to return my phone. He is one of a kind and again thank you dear Samet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

As we sat on warm, sunny mornings enjoying our breakfast on their rooftop overlooking the Sea of Marmara and the ships lining up to go through the Bosphorus on route to the Black Sea, I thought about how perfect this hotel was as to location and service. Admittedly the rooms vary from small to luxurious and one should plan ahead by asking which room they will get and looking on the hotel's website to get an idea, however we found them all to be workable. There are street sounds (voices etc) but it is the old quarter and everything is very close together. We stayed for two nights when we got to Istanbul. Then left for two nights for a tour out to the Gallipoli battlefield. Then we returned for three nights while touring Istanbul, and then returned again 10 days later after touring Izmir/Antalya/Cappadocia regions. Each time they gave us a totally different style room and overall it was a lot of fun. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were so helpful (and will answer your emails from abroad if you have questions). The location is walking distance to many of the 'must see' spots in Istanbul. The tram is an uphill walk but we used it to go to the Golden Horn and visit the Spice Market and once just took it all the way to the end of the line just to get an overall feel for Istanbul. Bottom line, the location, staff and breakfast more than make up for any room's shortcoming, IMHO.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank los_companeros
Reviewed 5 November 2013

After reading the positive reviews of this place online, I decided to stay at this hotel for the first several days I was in Istanbul. My stay was extremely disappointing and the hotel was not good. I will not say it was horrible, but it was depressing, to say the least. My room was so unpleasant, I did not want to return to my room until bedtime. The location is good, which is about the only positive thing I can say about it. I do not like to write negative comments about a place, but since I relied on Trip Advisor for recommendations, I think it is important to convey all opinions. I should also say, that I stayed in wonderful places, and this hotel was the only disappointment. First, my room was small, dingy, and had no ventilation whatsoever. It was extremely warm outside and inside, and the air conditioning system was apparently broken (first explanation). When I complained the next day, I was advised that the air conditioner was not broken, but instead, it was turned off automatically in October, and the only ventilation available was heat (second explanation). When I continued to complain (my room was sweltering), I was told that a technician was called to repair the air conditioner, but he did not work on Saturdays (third explanation). Needless to say, no one ever repaired the air conditioner and I never received an apology. On the third day, someone brought a fan into the room (by this time, I was looking to move). As for the shower, it was so small that I could not move once inside. It would be impossible for a man to fit inside the shower. There were virtually no amenities. The bed was uncomfortable and the bedding was awful - the sheets did not look clean, and the pillows were terrible foam. When I requested alternative pillows, they brought me one pillow. When I requested additional pillows, the woman on duty said "you only asked for one". The service was completely not at the level it should be. The breakfast was the worst I had at any of the hotels in Turkey - the toaster was broken, so we could not toast the bread (which was sitting out and was stale). The meat looked like a poor quality American hot dog. The internet access was also not working the entire time I stayed there. The place is really tired, and needs renovation. While the location is good, I must also add that because I had no air in my room, I had to leave the window open. The street noise was terrible until extremely late hours (2 am). The only positive thing I can say, is that some of the hotel staff were very nice and pleasant. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel, however if you find yourself there, do not select a room with a window facing the street because the street noise is bad.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Breakfast included Turkish specialties like tahin&pekmez, cokelek and nice local pastries. Rooms felt homely and were very clean.

Front office kindly agreed to pick up our things from the dry cleaner/laundrette around the corner when I realised I wouldn't be back in time to pick them up myself.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bedestan
Reviewed 2 November 2013

It was just the perfect place to stay not only for the location (we were close to the Blue Mosk, Topkapi Museum and Sainte Sophia), but more importantly for the kindness and the efficiency of the staff, giving all the information we need and doing its best to facilitate our stay in Istambul.
We were very pleased with the charm of this small hotel, and the comfort of our room; we enjoyed the fabulous breakfast on the roof terrasse, with a very special view on the Marmara Sea.
We visited Istambul fo its historical, cultural and tourist attractions, and we will certainly return in this “hotel de charme”.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple