“An excellent choice in the Old City!”

Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #5 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I just returned from 7 nights in Istanbul and felt that I ran out of time! What an amazing city.
We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Besiktas, in the New City for the first 5 days and then moved down to the Dersaadet. I wish it had been the other way around. Umit, the front desk manager is an absolutely excellent manager! Umit, the waiter upstairs in the terrace is also excellent and Sonny, the afternoon front desk manager is also great!
If I ever make it back to Istanbul, I will definitely stay at the Dersaadet!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2009

The staff is very helpful and welcoming, the hotel is clean and well appointed, good value and centrally located. We would recommend the Dersaadet to our friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2009

This was my 6th trip to Istanbul which I had been looking forward to. Hotel itself offers a great location and features nice rooms, while single rooms are just tiny. I had my USD1000 stolen from my room and the hotel management did nothing to assist me. They claimed that surveillance camera's hard disk was full and eventually did not record anything. I understand I should have kept my money locked in the safe but where is the security? Anyway, I still enjoyed Istanbul and look forward to going back there agian.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
7  Thank Emil R
Reviewed 29 May 2009

I recently traveled to Istanbul with my 85 year old mother and my daughter and our stay in Istanbul was a fabulous experience. The city is beautiful and fascinating and the Dersaadet Hotel made our experience completely positive. The manager Umit made every effort to meet our needs and provided the hotel car for short distances, when available, for my mother. The rooms are clean, the daily maid service was impecable, the breakfast on the roof top terrace was full of healthy choices, and all of the staff were kind and considerate. The location of the hotel is perfect, a short distance to the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia. In the late afternoon, while sipping on a glass of wine, the view of the Bosphoros and Blue Mosque from the roof top terrace was breathtaking. I did alot of research for this trip as it was a special time for my mother and I choose the Dersaadet Hotel over all the others I researched and my choice was perfect. If you are looking for an intimate experience in the old section of Istanbul, then I highly recommed the Dersaadet Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2009

My husband and I took our daughter on a week's stay in this very friendly and professionally run family hotel. We really like small, independent hotels and that is exactly what we got! The staff couldn't have been nicer and Umit at the front desk bent over backwards to recommend restaurants and tourist sites, which all lived up to his promises...and beyond! We had the corner suite for the three of us and there was plenty of room to be comfortable. Everything else has been said in previous reviews, so I won't repeat it, but must stress that our fantastic week in Istanbul was made all the more memorable for the care and attention (always with a smile) we received at The Dersaadet.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2009

The Dersaadet is small, charming, comfortable, and extremely well run. A renovated Ottoman house, it is decorated in simple good taste and is within walking distance of all the major sights and of the tram that crosses the Golden Horn to the newer parts of the city. It is on a quiet side street that is more "real" than many parts of Sultanhamet: instead of buses idling outside there are kids playing soccer in the street, as well as a mini-mart and a laundry offering same-day service for washing/ironing. We had a seaview room that was small but comfortable, with good lighting, minibar, a safe, and modern bathroom (with hairdryer). For our last few nights we had to move (as we'd been told on booking) to a standard double overlooking the street; it was quite a bit smaller and we missed the expansive view. We solved the dawn call-to-prayer problem with earplugs. The rooftop terrace looks out to the sea, while off to one side the Blue Mosque seems close enough to reach out and touch. A generous and delicious breakfast (included in the room rate) is served there; it's also a great retreat after sightseeing or spot for a nightcap after dinner out. The whole place is impeccably clean. Our airport pickup and drop-off worked without a hitch. Umit Ciftci, the manager, is well informed and eager to help -- a tremendous asset for those who don't know the city. His staff is excellent, making reservations, calling cabs, etc.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2009

A friend and I stayed at the Derssadet for 6 nights in May, and have only positive things to say about this place. They picked us up at the airport, (complimentary when booking 3 nights and more), which was a perfect way to start our holiday. The food (breakfast) was nice - really lovely to enjoy it at the roofdeck...
We switched rooms halfway - one was a suite and the other a standard double, they were both great - but would recommend the suite for friends because of the space and the standard would suit a couple more. All the attractions of the old city - Sultanahmet, is in walking distanse, and the first ting you se when you enter the roofterrace in the mornings is the Blue Mosque. So it is perfect located. You'll just love it!
The service was excellent as well. All the staff were pleasant and helpful.
I can absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends