Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul
US$263
US$151
US$113
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$59
Ottoman Hotel Imperial(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$517
US$360
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Encore Istanbul Airport(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$121
Travelocity
Neorion Hotel(Istanbul)
US$133
US$123
Agoda.com
1,505 results
All reviewsrooftop terraceblue mosquesultan's suiteapple tea and turkish delightmarmara seaold cityottoman stylesmall hotelhagia sophiaturkeyarasta bazaarcharming hoteltop floorwithin walking distancemajor sitesyogurteach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2006

Stayed here two nights April 18 & 19, 2006. The staff are superb. Hotel is within walking distance of all the major tourist sights in Sultanahmet. The Sultan Suite is nice, but the hotel's web site made it appear the balcony looks onto the water when actually it looks onto the street. The staff really were superb. It is a bit noisy, but still a good place to stay.

5  Thank travelinbetween
Reviewed 26 April 2006

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Dersaadet. After having read all these amazing reviews, i was expecting a nice small hotel with a friendly environment.

The hotel was actually better that we expected. From the moment we arrived at the airport, until the day we had to leave, we were provided with anything we could possibly asked for, by the amazing staff memebers of the hotel. They were all extremely kind, genuinely friendly, helpful and efficient. I must say this is very rare, and it is the biggest asset of this overall beautiful hotel.

The room was spacious and tastefully decorated, and the bathroom was impecable in terms of hygiene. We stayed at the lobby level, and i must say the noise from the street can be a bit disturbing sometimes (especially in the morning), but it is not so bad, and certainly not enough to ruin the great atmosphere dersaadet offers.

Having breakfast at the terrace was one of the best times of the day. The view up there over the Marmara Sea is just breathtaking.

Overall, we just loved this hotel, and we would strongly recommend it to anyone that visits Istanbul. It is very rare to feel so good in a hotel in a foreign city. The people at Dersaadet can totally make this happen for you.

9  Thank HelenaAthens
Reviewed 23 April 2006

just returned from a week in Istanbul. first night at Hotel Nena - small room but great location and staff. Next six nights at the Dersaadet. Great room (corner suite) with tiny bathroom. Less convenient location in a residential area with a lot of street noise - car wash outside the window, fighting dogs, and conversations that were not at all muffled by closiing the windows. However, the staff was helpful and kind and the place was very clean and well-kept.

7  Thank akm104
Reviewed 22 April 2006

If you're looking for a boutique hotel this is a fantastic one. For character it is unsurpassed. I don't like decor which hits you in the face but instead has an understated elegance to it. This one has it. Its detail is so complete that the wood grain found in the lobby is the same type and color found on the closet in your room! I even took a picture of the elevator as I thought it was beautiful!

I cant compare room size with others in the area and, like most non-US hotels, expect it to be smaller. But it certainly was comfortable and not at all cramped.

Breakfast on the roof consisted of homemade bread (fantastic), olives, granola and many other items i cant recall.

But the best qualities of the hotel is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They all get an A+ from me.

For example, when I told the desk person that I was planning to go to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia they asked me to come to them before I go for an orientation. Mind you this was not to recommend that I buy a tour from one of their friends or to go buy a carpet, etc. It was to tell me how much time I should expect to spend at each place, best way of getting there (a 5 minute walk), what to be on guard about, etc. It was a special service which I found very refreshing.

Their extreme level of helpfulness, however, was reserved for another needed time. The most valuable service a hotel staff can provide for you is security, if and when it is needed. Luckily there arent many times (if ever) that you may need to call on their familiarity with the culture, or knowledge about certain situations to assist you. Unfortunately, however, I was a victim of a scam and turned to the hotel management and staff for their help. It required them to confront the criminal and to also contact, and get involved with, the police.

They could not possiby have done a more professional job in defusing the situation and giving me a sense of security, well-being, and empathy. They were flawless in making me feel as comfortable as possible, and in defusing an escalating situation by making it clear to the criminal that he was not going to get what he wanted.

There are other hotel staffs which I'm sure would have done the same. The problem, however, is that you don't know how a staff will react until there is already a situation. It is extremely reassuring to know that the people at the Dersaadet not only provide for your comfort, but also for your safety.

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank BIW
Reviewed 19 April 2006

We just returned from a wonderful 7 night stay here with our four children, ages 5, 7, 10, and 11. The hotel was most accomodating and the staff and the owner (Deniz) couldn't have been more wonderful! My husband had to pull a couple of all-nighters to get some work done and the wi-fi access and kind staff (who kept him supplied with coffee)saved our vacation. We stayed in the Sultan Penthouse suite three of the nights and the view is spectacular. The hotel is quite safe and is located just a couple of blocks away from the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia and Topkapi Palace. The breakfasts were yummy -- feta cheese, tomatoes, fresh bread, olives, fabulous yoghurt, freshly squeezed OJ, and apple tea -- and were served on the rooftop cafe overlooking the Sea of Marmara on one side and the Blue Mosque rising magestically on the other side. If you book three nights Deniz arranges pick-up from the airport and they do a great briefing of the town and made sure the children all had copies of the hotel card firmly tucked in their pockets before venturing out -- a great idea! We would stay here again and again.

7  Thank momof1234