“Lovely hotel”
Review of Avicenna Hotel

Avicenna Hotel
Ranked #229 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed here with two other couples and we would all recommend this hotel. The staff were lovely, nothing was too much trouble, the breakfast was excellent (can't understand some previous reviews) and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Could not beat this location, right next to all the sights and just off the main drag for restaurants. Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street can be noisier than those at the back.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank emma B
AvicennaIstanbul, Genel Müdür at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear emma B
It was pleasure to have in Avicenna Hotel Istanbul. We are extremely happy to hear that hotel experience met your expectation. Also I would like to extend special thanks to taking your time and sharing your great experience with us. We know there lots of choices but we are highly appreciated you stayed with us. We are looking forward to see you in near future. Thanks a Million.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

we have just returned from Istanbul and stayed in this lovely little hotel. it is a perfect location. a little cobbled street behind the Blue Mosque. near to a lot of great restaurants and small bazaar.
the staff were simply lovely and nothing was too much trouble. the rooms were clean and everything you need is on hand. there were 6 of us with all different tastes but we all loved this hotel and the staff. the breakfast was great, really varied and the breakfast room was bright and clean. I would change nothing and would go back anytime. We all enjoyed Istanbul and the hotel never let us down.

Room Tip: we thought the top floor was the best
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear REG2009

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had booked a room for one person and was given one of the three single rooms which was very small but reasonably appointed. The manager offered to move me for my second night to a double room free of charge which I appreciated. Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. Breakfast more extensive than I would expect from a standard included buffet. And of course the location is just amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mishmashmish
AvicennaIstanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Mishmashmish,

We are very gratefull to you for sharing your opinions through Trip Advisor. We appreciate your good comments.

Our goal is to make our every guest comfortable and help them to have the best experience of İstanbul.

You are always welcome to our hotel, we wish to see you soon.

Best regards,
Fikriye Yılmaz

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I always worry that the really good reviews on Tripadvisor are probably by people who work at the hotel but this is really genuine. The hotel is in an amazing location only 5 mins walk from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The call to prayer at 5:30 took a bit of getting used to but other than that we thought it was brilliant. The hotel have clearly responded to people's complaints as breakfast was excellent every day despite the fact that sometimes we turned up at 8:30 and sometimes at 9:45. There was still always plenty of food available and plenty of friendly staff to ask if you wanted anything else. The room was great, and again in response perhaps to people's complaints, there was a range of shampoo/shower gel/soap on hand provided by the hotel. The staff were always very helpful, particularly with upgrading us to a sea-view room and arranging for us to visit the florence Nightingale Museum on the Asian side. We would definitely recommend the hotel to any friends who were travelling to Istanbul!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AvicennaIstanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Reg,

We would like to thank you for your comments. We appreciate your good observations and great experience about our Hotel. Also for taking your time and sharing your opinions with everybody else.

It was really nice to host you in our Hotel and we wish to see you again when you come back to Turkey.

It’s our commintment for us to make feel all our guests comfortable. I’m glad to hear that we had the chance to meet somebody like you.

Your are always welcome to our Hotel,

Best regards,

Fikriye Yilmaz

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Staff are nice and friendly, last day asked them to bring my suitcases down no one turned up to take it down so I took it down my self. Breakfast is ridicules the cereals were damp food selection was very little if you want fresh juice you need to pay extra asked for an omelet said need to pay extra. Location is very good walking distant to all tourist destination. But the general local public are very rude and ignorant airport staff are very rude and unhelpful. Istanbul is a nice city but not the best and will never return there again. We had 2 double room booked me,my wife my 16month old son and 2 sister we were given a double room with 2 single beds pushed together but the room was good size with a bath and shower. My sister got a very very small room 1 single bed a 1 broken fold up bed but they did change the room the following day to a double room. TV in the room has only 2 English news channels internet connection is working only certain times the tv in the room is very small and far from the bed it's not worth having the tv on.

• Stayed: November 2013
AvicennaIstanbul, Genel Müdür at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Kabirmoynul
I would like to extend special thanks to you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. Before I begin my feedback I would like to extend my sincere apology. Only we need to know how we can make your vacation most enjoyable while you are still in the hotel.
Breakfast: We are offering Turkish Style Breakfast to match up with your Istanbul experience. Also we are purchasing the best quality of products because we don’t want to compromise the breakfast quality. That’s why we have four types of country cheeses 12 kinds of preserves, olive selections, cold cuts, fresh fruits and vegetables etc. We have also 4 types of cereals every morning on the buffet breakfast. If you have Caribbean vacation you are not able to see the selections above I mentioned but you have potential to see lots of tropical fruits.
Room: I believe Front Desk made an effort to change your stateroom which it solved the problem. As I mentioned above we just need to know. Resources might be limited but we want to show maximum effort to resolve your concern. Sorry for the limited English Channels.
Luggage service must be miss communication. Otherwise shouldn’t be issue.
Please contact with us if you are planning to stay another time I promise to made it up within possibilities and resources. We are still appreciated you stay with us.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel was just a nightmare, the rooms/nights overpriced, and the service very poor. The location was good. The bathroom was dirty, and when I asked why we couldn't get another room, since we asked for one on the first floor they said that we needed to pay 60€ extra per night (btw. Our room was in the basement).

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear dinah001,
I would like to extend special thanks to you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. Before I begin my feedback I would like to extend my sincere apology. I know very well my apology is not going to bring the time back. I wish I met with you while you were in Istanbul. At the same time while we are receiving many positive comments about the service and hotel I am sad to hear that we weren’t able to meet your expectation. This is completely out of the frame of our commitment regarding guest service. If only the issue was cleanliness of the bathroom House Keeping team could made it up quickly and we could do something to recovery procedure. Regarding the room and prices are a different subject. As a matter affect your booking is for standard room and I admired our weekend prices higher than business days like other hotels. This is absolutely normal worldwide practice.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have stayed there 3 times in the last 18 months. I travel for business and when I have days off that I want to spend at the Grand Bazaar I stay here. Rooms are very small. Hot water is scarce. The staff is friendly.
I have another trip to Istanbul next week and decided not to stay here again. The last time I stayed at this hotel I prepaid for a particular room and was told it was available, and when I got there the next day it was not.
Very close location to all the places you want to visit. While there you must go to "Sultan Ahmet Kufteci" a great treat to eat there!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Balcony. Do not stay in top floor, you do have a limited view, but a narrow wind...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AvicennaIstanbul, Genel Müdür at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Sudi T
It was pleasure to have in Avicenna Hotel Istanbul. We are extremely happy to hear that most of your experience met your expectation. Also I would like to extend special thanks to taking your time and sharing your great experience and constructive comment with us. Also I sincerely apologized for missed communication about your room request. We are not able to promise specific room for future reservation but we take the guests request and try to accommodate depending of availability. We know there lots of choices but we are highly appreciated you stayed with us. We are looking forward to see you in near future. Thanks a Million.