“Great Location, very small rooms”
Review of Blue House Hotel

Blue House Hotel
Ranked #195 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Hotel: it's very close to every historical sight and within walking distance to the Bazaar and the spice market. The rooms are very small and the beds are not so comfortable though how much time is really spent in your room is the question that needs to be asked.
My only complaint again is traveling overseas , has no one heard of a wash cloth ? The rooms are very clean and the maid service was done on a daily basis. One great thing was the bath cloth was huge for what we had seen at other hotels.

Roof Top Terrace: Great view of the Blue Mosque and other sights though the food is not that good and very expensive. I would suggest going up there for a cold drink and not to eat anything since there is better food to be found on the other streets among Istanbul. The other thing that I found very distasteful was having the waiter stand over us because he wanted a bigger tip and actually said that. That left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole meal which was around 98 TL for 3 people.

Staff : The staff was nice sometimes and grumpy other times. I wouldn't say they went out of their way. They do have free internet though only one computer and they don't offer any free shuttles anywhere in the city so you are on your own.
Breakfast was a nice buffet with the price of the room with fresh fruit, cheese, bread, eggs, bad coffee( they have nescafe ) and other items which I though was a very nice selection.
I'm not sure I would stay here again though I would recommend it to a friend due to its location and the price was right. Next time I would splurge for a hotel with a pool. Easy city to figure out and transit is great in the city which is nice when there are so many things to see.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 July 2010

If you're looking for a clean, well run, small hotel in the center of the Instanbul, pick this place. The view from our room was incredible - the Blue Mosque. We wre within easy walking distance of all the major historical attractions, dining, evening entertainment and shopping. They even accomodated our 13-year old by adding an additional bed, and putting the 2 twins together for my husband and I. The lobby and the rooms are very clean with well appointed furniture. The bathrooms are a bit tiny, but very clean. The staff was great - everyone from the person who took our reservation, to the guy who stayed at the airport for over an hour waiting for us to get through the visa process, to the front desk, cleaning person and waiters all were very helpful, courteous and helped make our stay in Instanbul fantastic. I'd definitely recommend the Blue House!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2010

A friend and I just spent a couple of weeks in Turkey and stayed here twice. The first time we got a corner room with a view and lots of windows. We were there several nights so it was great. The second time we were only there for one night and got a smaller room with no view at all. Be careful of the non-corner rooms. The hotel is clean, the bathrooms are tiny but very functional, and the staff is very pleasant. Each evening we would come back from where ever and have a glass of wine on the terrace overlooking the Blue Mosque. Gorgeous!! The breakfast was excellent and the internet access very convenient. I highly recommend it, and preferred it to the the Cirigan Kempinski (our last night) which was expensive and not as well located.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lorraine934
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I and my friend went to Istanbul and we absolutely loved it, the blue house hotel is in an ideal location straight outside the blue mosque, we had a really good view of the blue mosque & the marmaris sea from my room. We didn’t stay in the hotel much because we were out and about visiting museums and shopping etc. But I would definitely recommend this hotel

The reception area is nice. They’ve got good sofa’s 

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hash76Yorkshire
Reviewed 25 April 2010

We only spent one night at the Blue House, but the staff was very helpful. We arrived early and they made us comfortable in the lobby with cay and cookies during the short wait for our room. This hotel couldn't be more convenient for the Old Town's major sites. The room was small, but clean and well appointed. Cheers.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank medgal
Reviewed 18 November 2009

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights in November 2009 and thought it was a great place. Its easy to find, the staff are very friendly and helpful and its in a great location.

The room was very clean when we arrived and the maids did a good job every day keeping it that way. As some other reviewers have said the standard twin/double rooms are a little small but this did not bother us at all.

We had a few small gripes such as non working lights, a TV that didnt have any watchable channels and the cold water going off for a couple of hours in the middle of the day. However as none of these things actually affected us directly (there were enough lights that did work and we didnt really want to watch the TV etc.) they was of no concern.

We pre-booked and saved a bit on their standard intenet price (we paid just under 62 euro's a night) if we had paid the full price (85 euro's) we might have been disappointed.

Breakfast was included and again was very good. A selection of teas, coffee and fruit juices. Fresh fruit and yoghat, fresh bread, cheese and hams. Eggs and other hot items. Cerials were also available. Plenty certainly for getting you thorugh a mornings sightseeing.

The roof ternace was closed (as it said it would be on their website) which was a shame as the views were amazing (we sneaked out for a look). Still the price of drinks, actually the most expensive we found in the whole city, meant you would want to slip them slowly if you did get out there.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimmyt7
Reviewed 4 October 2009

This is a quaint, small boutique hotel in the historic Sultanamit area of Istanbul right opposite the blue mosque. Location is perfect for those interested in the historic attractions of the city. Although a fairly basic establishment, service is friendly and efficient with clean rooms. There is one "suite" of sorts and I can recommend it for facilities and a wonderful view. I have stayed here twice and have enjoyed a different experience.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple