“Historic hotel with modern amenities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah
Ranked #64 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
“Historic hotel with modern amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through American Express FHR, and was upgraded to a lovely Greta Garbo corner suite on the top floor of this beautiful hotel. The room was spacious, with a small balcony, and the marble bathroom was huge with a shower room containing a rain shower and a claw foot soaker tub. The bathroom also featured a large window, so the space was bright and airy. The staff were all outstanding in their hospitality and professionalism. While I was checking in, I was offered a refreshing cold towel and an equally refreshing iced tea. Afterwards, a staff member escorted me to my room via the historic elevator while filling me in on the hotel's storied past. As a welcome amenity, I was given a large bowl of fresh fruit. During my stay, I dined in the Agatha Christie restaurant for breakfast (the spread was quite impressive, with an extensive buffet and eggs cooked to order) and on the outdoor terrace, which has a nice view over Istanbul. I also ordered room service on one occasion. In all cases the food and the service were very good.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank jakmwin
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Guest,
I am so glad to have read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah. Allow me to thank you both for your time and for this in depth review of our property. It is truly encouraging to know that our efforts to bring about constant improvements in our services and facilities creates a positive experience for our guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team, they will be very appreciative. I hope that I will be able to meet you in person at your next visit to Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah.

Pınar Kartal Timer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was a beautiful hotel with wonderful amenities (indoor pool, fantastic spa, great location). The staff was extremely helpful, kind, and efficient The restaurant was excellent (but expensive). I would definitely return to this hotel.

Sleep Quality
1 Thank Alexis C
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah, the pearl of Istanbul.
We very much appreciate your positive feedback regarding all our facilities and I would also like to thank you sincerely for your kind words regarding our colleagues.
We do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

A well presented and restored period Palace in all its glory. Easily accessible, very close to Taksim Square, and other amenities. Inside the rooms are very spacious and the service is excellent. We enjoyed the pool and spa facilities. I guess the only thing missing was an outside pool. Otherwise a fantastic place to stay while in Istanbul.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank Aqeel A
Dear Guest ,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and acknowledge so many positive elements, and that you would choose to stay with us again. Your kind comments are highly appreciated.
Thank you once again, for your comments and for your support, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pera Place Hotel Jumeirah in the near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a beautiful 19th Centurt building lovingly restored. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with very good linens, though the toiletries are nothing special (hotel chain products). The service is extremely friendly and efficient. There is a wonderful paticerie on the first floor, and a quite good restaurant in the windowed basement, Agatha. A beautiful pool and good fitness room. There are several additional costs to consider: use of the television is 25 Euros, something that I have never seen anywhere. Secondly, the cost of their terrace fare is outrageous. I returned from dinner in a very upscale restaurant, where a half bottle of raki sells for 50 Turkish Lire, and ordered the same without looking at a menu. I was charged 200 Turkish Lire. "That is just the way we do things here" it was explained to me by, first the bartender, then the concierge.

1 Thank Nefelokokigia
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah.
We very much appreciate your positive feedback regarding all our facilities and please except my apologies for not being able to inform you properly about our charges in advance.
There is a charge for the latest movies you can purchase through the Pay TV system, but all other local and International channels are free.
I have noted all your comments and passed on to the concern managers to look into it and taking corrective action where required so that so that we exceed your expectations on your return.
Thank you for bringing these incidents into my attention.

We do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Hotel is one of the best I've been to throughout the world! They kept historic appearance for both outside and inside, all decorated with ancient accessories. While welcoming the guests to the room after check-in they take you upstairs in the elevator that still works since end of 19th century and was never replaced - that's a great experience.
Rooms are great, in addition to minibar, bathrobes, slippers etc - there are free man socks, women stockings and some other accessories that may be useful. Staff is amazing, no negative points at all.
We ordered dinner in the room and it was totally worth it! Perfectly served and kept warm inside of the special heating cupboard under the table. No need to say that it was tasty!
Location is not so close to the historic center, not in a walking distance reach, but since Istanbul is a big city full of taxis it's not a problem to get wherever you want.

Overall, hotel is amazing, ambiance is great, it was romantic and superb, if coming to Istanbul again - Pera Palace is my only choice.

Room Tip: We had a room under the roof with ancient furniture, not so numerous, but very well placed and still...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Dasha C

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a wonderful, historic hotel. A bit pricey but well worth it. We upgraded our room so we had a sitting area and it was worth the splurge. Extremely professional and helpful staff throughout the hotel at all levels. We had several meals here and all were fantastic. Even the room service meal was elegant! Afternoon tea is a must. Wish they had a full service business center, that is my only criticism. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We upgraded our room to face the hillside (as opposed to the city side) and also include a sitting a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank MrsV_11

Dorset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This wonderful old hotel has been sympathetically updated and we were greeted with warmth and charm. The breakfasts were all we could wish for and for an upmarket city hotel it was good value. It close to the bustling Istikal Cadessi with its trendy shops and full of young modern Turks. It is not close to the major tourist sites but close enough to Istanbul Modern for Turkish art and fabulous views of the Bosphorus. Our room had a glimpse of the Golden Horn and we were particularly impressed by the prompt return of my wife's nightie which had been swept up with the sheets! We did not see the ghost of Agatha Christie, nor Graham Greene but we did ride the 1892 lift. We dined twice nearby at Ficcin, excellent and great value.

Room Tip: We got an upgrade without asking, room not huge but balcony and views.
1 Thank Charles S
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah , and that you were pleased with the service and facilities as well as your breakfast experience. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.

I appreciate you recommending Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.