“nice location”

Ranked #1,054 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Playa el Agua, Venezuela
“nice location”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I stayed at 3 nights in december.Very helpful personnel from the moment you enter the hotel. room is very clean and comfortable.There is good, free wifi everywhere.The Turkish bath and gym free. Great breakfast buffet. We enjoyed the food and views from the roof restaurant.
Great location just 5 minutes drive from airport 20 minutes from city center.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank josephinist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, New York
Reviewed 21 December 2012

It's pretty well decorated for a city hotel. You get very quick check in and check out which is very important for people like me who travel a lot. At the breakfast buffet you can find almost everything but no fresh orange juice(you have to pay extra for it). Stuff generally helpful and friendly but only receptionists and waiters speak english. Room was pretty large and clean. Windows could be sound proof. The terrace restaurant had a great view and food was delicious.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank davegurney37
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2012

we stayed there for 8 days, i would have changed hotels but we were pre paid.

this was a bad idea, most of there staff are rude people, no smile, not willing to help with antything at all.
2nd they gave us a room full of smelly sigarett smoke i asked to be changed they kept on saying the hotel is full, that was a lie.we can see that the hotel was half empty(low season, no one at the restaurants,) on couple of occasions i asked for room service they ignored me, in general my experience with this hotel is not that great.

thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank malekmasri

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Thurso UK
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Our flight to London was cancelled and we needed a room that night. There was not a lot of choice but the hotel finder office at Ataturk Airport found this one which was a five minute ride away. The last rooms available were suites. Ok so far. The hotel is in an area I would not like to venture out into but thankfully I didn't need to. I don't think the suites are used very often and the air in the room was very stale. There was no complimentary water available and the tea making didn't have enough items. Only shampoo and no conditioner and only one roll of toilet paper (it may seem picky, but at £200, I don't think so!). No bath robes. What made it a suite? There was a couch and a chair and a table that you could work at and a jacuzzi type bath tub in addition to the shower cibicle. Great, its midnight and I fancy a relaxing bath, only it didn't work. I called maintenance and the fellow got the water to run and it was brown. To cut a long story short, the next HOUR was spent sorting brown water to clear and making the water jets work. The tv had no English news stations, not even CNN or BBC World news, only about 45 channels in Turkish. For an "airport" hotel I would have expected a wider choice of foreign channels. The breakfast. I gather the usual dining room was being renovated and breakfast was in the ball room (not as grand as that sounds). The tables were big round ones that sit about 8 to 10 people which was a little awkward. The food itself was again not 4 star. The orange juice was more like squash which was surprising considering every street corner in the touristy bits of Istanbul were selling freshly squeezed orange juice. The choice of breads was limited to cut slices and generaly the breakfast was not appealling. I will praise the "bell hop" - we needed a phone charger and he nipped out and got us one. Couldn't wait to check out.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sheepie62
Adelaide
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The only reason I stayed here was because I had booked a room for 2 nights at the ISG Airport Hotel without realising that this hotel was at an airport approx 100kms away!

On realising my mistake we went to the hotel accommodation office at Ataturk airport. They were helpful and arranged for us to stay at the Adela. This hotel is rated as a 4 star but in reality I would give it no more that 2 stars.

There was no coffee/tea making facility, the bar fridge wasn’t working, the breakfast was very ordinary and the staff in the dining area were particularly surly.

On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and the hotel was only about a 4 min walk to the metro which took approximately 40 minutes to the city centre.

The hotel fronts a very busy road so if you stay here ask for a room facing the back.

Room Tip: ASk for a room at the back.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cab68
Mantua, Italy
Reviewed 2 March 2012

11 working days..outside is an orrible cube, inside is quite old; the room maybe is the most beautiful part of the hotel, confortable but it has old fixtures.
The gym is a fake and the breakfast is the worst I have ever seen.
bathfoam is terrible...the prices are too high; basic room € 190 and big suite € 350 (is not a joke)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank davide s
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The only reason my brother and I stayed at this hotel is because of its proximity to the Echomar hospital, where my brother was a patient.

100 Euros was way out of our budget, but we had to go for it. The room had no clock, no coffee or tea, and you had to pay for water (often included in Turkey because you cannot drink the tap water). The wi-fi connection was poor - I could hardly load pages to find our next hotel! They did grand us an extended check-out time, but they called the room to make sure we were leaving. I found that rude. Also, the walls were not at all soundproof. If you do choose to stay here, you should hope that your neighbors are not feeling amorous.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family