“Istanbul in 3 days from 9 aug till 12 ug 2012” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madison Hotel

Madison Hotel
Madison Hotel
Ranked #741 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
“Istanbul in 3 days from 9 aug till 12 ug 2012”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Oh Madison, the 4* you got will soon be 5* I am sure
Great atmosphere, great Cozy room, great TV, great AC, great bathroom, great swimming pool, fair breakfast and mini bar, great location (very near to TAKSIM), and great room service, we (me & wife) felt like we were at home, and if we visit Istanbul again, THE MADISON HOTEL will be our choice. The Hotel has a wonderful staff, they are helpful, greeting, always smiling, cheerful, good looking, elegant, and brilliant.
If I can rate my stay there I will give it 8 out of 10

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Beirut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

i've stayed in Madison htl for a week with a friend,at first it was ok but then i noticed that they aren't cleaning the room well especially the bathroom & the towels,they weren't that tidy..The staff aren't friendly 'by nature',it seems they are forced into smiling at you and giving you help or info & if u don't understand their TurkEnglish..God help..'Mme, i told you euuuffffff'.The breakfast was ok but some waiters were just walking & wandering around without even looking at the tables to check on the guests. There's a free indoor swimming pool which is too small & fits only for a few people & the Hammam is free also but no one is there to help. the hotel HAD free internet first but then it changed(1/2 hour = 8 TL) which is too much for nothing.Beside that, it seems the whole district have a sewage problem since the smell is overwhelming & municipality workers are on the spot on a regular basis trying to clean ..But The best thing abt it is that it was close to Taksim Square where u can eat,shop,have a great coffee & feel the vibe.But to be honest,i was expecting much more of welcoming faces & people,it's not time for bad attitude,It's our vacation & they should be more helpful & caring.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

The Madison is located centrally right off Taksim and near to Istiklal Street where so much action is. The price is moderately high, but not unusual for this area. Rooms were clean and well appointed, not 4 star by US standards, but much better than other hotels int he area where I have stayed (like the Green Park Hotel). There was no noise other than the largish tour group of Arab guests that checked in on my second night. The hotel is also very convenient to the Haribye Conference Center (military museum complex). The free breakfast in the morning is very good and filling. Everything was always well prepared and the staff waiting on you impeccable. Enes, the bellhop that I spoke with every day, is very friendly and full of information on the area.

I didn't use it, but the hotel has a turkish bath and pool area. They are free to guests. The hotel also has free internet, although the signal drops considerably during the day. Probably fine for cell phone useage, but for computers it really takes a long time to download anything. One big advantage was the AC, which could get the room temp down to 23C easily. Other friends staying in other hotels complained their rooms were hot even with AC. I was sleeping under a cover!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, which meant I could use the stairs. When the hotel filled up, the elevators...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

This hotel is terrible the team is nit professional.i went with my husband and my girls to spend my vacation there I reserved a double room with an extra bed they gave me a room with two extra bed and the extra bed that I m charged for is a canape that they covered with sheets and which is not safe for children at all.and when I complained no one tried to help all the team with the managers also told me that this is what they have and I have to accept it . They are not helpful nor caring about your comfort

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Abir-abdallah

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Tabriz
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Like any other hotels in Istanbul’s Taksim district, The Madison Hotel is an expensive hotel. If it is necessary for you that you stay close to Taksim square and you are ready to pay more to this purpose, the Madison hotel is a good 4star choice, but if you like a quite area you can book a better hotel with same price or less in other districts such as the Sultan Ahmed or Shishli. What we will do in the next trip.
The first star point in this hotel is its interior design and architecture which is inspired from a geometric sign and repeated in all parts of the hotel even on napkins and towels. The hotel is clean and tidy all the day. Some staffs are nice but others show that they work only for money. The hotel does not have baggage weighing service, but one of employees helped me to carry the luggage to a postal agency and use their weighing facilities for free.
Our room did not catch of sun and had smell of humidity. The first day we felt that linens are not dried well and we requested dried linens! Toilet’s Flushing was not working properly and they were trying to repair it every day with no result.
Wireless internet was available in all areas but did not work in my room. Several of them came into the room and they tested my computer and saw that everything is fine, but responded that: “our wireless service is fine, if you have problem with it, you have to show your laptop to a service center”! Inevitably, all nights I went to the lobby to use the Internet that was not interesting experience because receptionist staff had noisy dispute with other employees every night. Also the lobby lights were off after 12:00 and I'd be forced to go back to my room. Last day Internet service in my room was ok but they said that we still have not changed anything; your laptop’s problem is fixed!
Card locking system was down in all the four-day that we were there and technical men were working on it until midnight with no result.
There were so many waiters in the restaurant for breakfast time. Although they were care for a fine service, but the large number of them in addition of their manager and supervisors in the small restaurant area would not create a pleasant feeling.
Hotel staffs were very kind with my daughter. Also they have a parrot in reception area which was very entertaining for my daughter. I am grateful for all the good memories that they made for my daughter.

Room Tip: Ask them for a sunlit room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Mombasa, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed at the Madison Hotel for 6 nights during a recent trip. The hotel is centrally located in Taksim and walking distance from ALL the other hotels and restaurants.
I believe other hotels in the same area may be of a higher standard but this hotel is very good value for the price and the service is very, very good. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The staff are extremely helpful and speak good quality English, which is extremely useful for directions etc.
I had several meetings to attend and before arriving in İstanbul had made up my mind that I would would be travelling my taxi. But with the help of the receptionist I traveled to ALL places using the Metro, which is a stone's throw away from the hotel.
The only downside of this hotel is that although the standard rooms can accommodate 2 people, it can be a bit cramped for 2 people and the single cupboard is especially small. There is insufficient lighting in the room, especially around the working table area, which can make it quite difficult to work at night. Also the corridors are lit with sensor lighting to conserve energy (a good idea). However, the lights don't stay on long enough making the corridors very, very dark! Lastly, being a vegetarian, the a la carte menu is also limited.
Overall, it is a good quality hotel for a short period and I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a brighter room or for an upgrade, subject to availability
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashish M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Third time in Istanbul and third hotel I have stayed in.

The good~

Near the taxim subway which is a very cheap way to get around and avoid the never ending traffic jams in Istanbul.

Night life is pretty good - just venture out

Lots of places to eat

The not so good.

Bed was a bit hard for my liking

In an effort to save on ernergy, they use sensors to make hallway lights go on. However, I found the hallways to be too dark and a few times I struggled to put the card in properly in order to open the door.

All in all a good hotel if planning to stay for a short time and not spend a lot of time in it.

• Stayed May 2012