Lion Hotel
US$113
US$428
US$382
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$59
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$121
Neorion Hotel(Istanbul)
US$133
US$123
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at, I would definitely advise against it.
This hotel is graded as a 4 star hotel, although it lacks the quality, service and hygiene level of a 2 or 3 star hotel.
The rooms are incredibly small and are stuck to each other to the point where I could hear the person occupying the room next to mine use his bathroom.
On our first night, we were woken up at 2 am by a guest who was convinced that her son was staying in our room, she felt the need to wake him up by banging on our door. The following day we complained to the management who gave us impression that this was fairly normal, yet they dryly agreed to move us to another room.
Our second room was not much better, although it did not have an unsettling smell as our first one, the bathroom was just as disgusting, if not worse. There are cracked tiles all over the bathroom, the toilet seat is stained, mildew covers the entire tub and the tap doesn't work properly. You also need to be careful with the towels, some of them are completely frayed, during my stay I found a ball of hair stuffed in one of the "clean" towels, the following day, one of the towels was stained.
It would've been pointless to complain at that point because the management lack basic communication skills and have shown no indication of any propriety, professionalism or decency.
Finally, on our last day, we asked for a late check out and paid an extra charge that extended our check out time till 4 pm. When we asked if it were possible to push it till 5 pm, the management simply refused without providing any explanation. (It could not have possibly been a full occupancy, the hotel was pretty much vacant).
I find it offensive that this hotel is graded as a 4 star one, I'm not sure what kind of standard was used when giving it such a rating. I don't expect management to respond, however if they do I expect a template apology which I most certainly do not accept. Istanbul is a city vibrant with tourism, it is offensive that you profit from ripping your guests off.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank nmass
Reviewed 15 October 2012

- The linen and towels were clean but the carpets were filfthy
-the toilet seats were stained, perhaps not clean
-the first room were in was small had a mould smell and the bathroom not clean.
-the second room was bigger with a nice view but the carpet was worse and there was the worst ever smell of raw sewage from the bathroom. it seems to come and go.
- there was a strange loud noise throughout the day which was annoying.
- the breakfast was lousy. they do not cater for foreigners who don't eat salads for breakfast. The only fruit were oranges. This is not the type of breakfast one could expect from a four star hotel
- the staff at the front desk was not helpful. there was only one friendly person who spoke english. I know its in turkey but they cater for international tourists.
-the hotel is not near to the main tourist attractions.
jireh grobler

Room Tip: the top floor had a better view but noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jirehgrobler
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was in Lion Hotel for three night and I found the place quite clean with an average breakfast. Hotel is in a very good and alive location and near the Istiklal walking street which you may find lots of cafes, bars, pubs, clubs and so on. Lion hotel is in a old building without swimming pool but you can use Crystal hotel swimming pool by Lion hotel room card which is nearby. Staff are kind but rooms are very small and quite noisy with no good view.
Totally I can recommend this hotel for solo traveler who are not interested in staying in hotel for a long time and who are looking for a bed and breakfast and live location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MTavakoliG
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I'm in the hotel at this time, the room is too warm, because the air condition is off until 5:00 PM, the pictures in this site are not real, the pool that you see in this website is not in this hotel and it is close. Breakfast is too normal same as a hotel with mabe 1 star. This hotel is not 4 star mabe 1 or even 0 star.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Reza K
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We visited Lion Hotel for one night in January 2012. The room was clean and rather spacious, the service was polite and discrete. We were amazed by the breakfast which it was delicious and there was a huge variety of food to choose from. I implicitly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends